• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the Chinese stock market about to collapse? Perhaps.

LordOfChaos

There’s Chinese products everywhere what there’s not is a Chinese car I don’t think their market collapse.

There's lots of Chinese cars, and they're increasingly interested in export

This is now being exported to Europe in English, and Nio isn't the first. Why do you think they're so nice to Tesla, take a few more years to "learn" about it for their export ambitions.

Last edited:

gatti-man

This is now being exported to Europe in English, and Nio isn't the first. Why do you think they're so nice to Tesla, take a few more years to "learn" about it for their export ambitions.

Teslas build quality is trash though. They’d be better off studying any other vehicle.

LordOfChaos

Teslas build quality is trash though. They’d be better off studying any other vehicle.

A few panel gaps aren't all there is to a car, they're still the most efficient EV, at least until the Lucid Air but that's way more expensive than the most popular Tesla.

The Made in China Teslas are also far better on build quality. It's the Fremont factory that has the shoddiest build quality. Roughly correlates with how new the factory is so hopefully Texas will be even better than China.

gatti-man

A few panel gaps aren't all there is to a car, they're still the most efficient EV, at least until the Lucid Air but that's way more expensive than the most popular Tesla.

The Made in China Teslas are also far better on build quality. It's the Fremont factory that has the shoddiest build quality. Roughly correlates with how new the factory is so hopefully Texas will be even better than China.

No they aren’t. Quoted efficiency and observed efficiency do not line up in independent tests. Also build quality isn’t the same as efficiency anyways. Teslas rank at the absolute bottom of problems per car of not just EVs but ICE cars as well.

idk about your claim about chinas build quality being any better than American made Teslas since Tesla has already ran afoul of the govt as is. I don’t see anything factual to back up that claim. Just the China investigation and nhtsa investigation.

LordOfChaos

No they aren’t. Quoted efficiency and observed efficiency do not line up in independent tests. Also build quality isn’t the same as efficiency anyways. Teslas rank at the absolute bottom of problems per car of not just EVs but ICE cars as well.

idk about your claim about chinas build quality being any better than American made Teslas since Tesla has already ran afoul of the govt as is. I don’t see anything factual to back up that claim. Just the China investigation and nhtsa investigation.

Well there's videos of the Chinese models as in what you quoted and most comparisons seem to point to Fremont being the biggest issue with build quality. They really aught to pause that factory for a few weeks and just take care of that once and for all, but with their growth targets they probably won't have any breathing room to do that until Texas is ramped.

There's a few tests that disputed the EPA numbers, and you can look at different things, but they do generally lead the pack in efficiency, sure you could find areas a Taycan may win out but the EPA cycle is mixed load. And far better efficiency than Chinese cars like Nio right now.

There's little disputing they're the EV leader right now, and build quality aside there's obviously things China would want to learn from.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

Nice

Markets about to plunge in the next hours. Holy shit the economy is already in shambles all over the world. :|
Why?

I thought evergrande made their payments and inflation was to remain around 2%

Am I missing something or is my info bunk?

EDIT: reading lots of contrary shit online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom