• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the Cryptocurrency fad dead or will it have a second life?

Is Crypto dead or will it come back?

• Total voters
Without hyper inflation, something like 700-750 years I think

The only issue with this is, that was not a fiat currency. Which is what we have now, backed by nothing except for the word of our governments. The longest running fiat currency is the British Pound, though has not been a fiat currency the entire time. Though comparing the British pound to when it was first created in 1694, it has lost nearly 100% of its value.

"Compared to its initial value in silver, when it was created to help finance war in 1694, it has lost almost 100% of its value"

johntown

Banned
Cryptocurrency is the future or should a say a regulated and centralized cryptocurrency is the future.

Last edited:

Adam Wart

Neo Member
I never really understood how crypto works, and I'm convinced 90% of people who preach crypto don't either. It just seems even less "learnable" than the stock market. The number one rule of investing is to never invest in something that you don't understand.
That is right! You should invest only in coins you like and understand their use. 90% really don't understand how crypto works thus they are called hamsters :)

Last edited:

wondermega

It's still alive and well : )
Cheers, it is clearly still early days I believe. Many people are aware of it and the general idea at this point, but most folks seem not to know what to do with it and (understandably) what it will mean. I like what someone on Reddit said “it’s still early enough to get in on Bitcoin..”
There are now so many different coin types and chatter about them, so I think we will see some rise, others disappear, and still others just come out of nowhere. It seems safe to say that a year ago no one could have predicted the growth (and relative staying power) we’ve seen in BTC alone, I think by now most will admit that yes, it COULD tumble back down and dwindle, but overall crypto is absolutely here to stay.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Is Afro Republican banned too?
I don’t miss the politics section, but some of those guys were the coolest, I miss them.

CloudNull

Banned
Crypto will be around and governments will probably create their own in the next 10 years. Blockchain is the real winner and there are a lot of unique techs being built on it which all usually have a crypto attached. The new techs that see mass consumption will be the crypto to invest in.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
78b5382c0e615ae2f56ba083a61f0506.gif

Amory

The DOGE stuff is fascinating. You'd think people who made these insane gains would've cashed out and crashed the price dramatically, but they don't. Greed has paid off so far though.

Smoke6

The DOGE stuff is fascinating. You'd think people who made these insane gains would've cashed out and crashed the price dramatically, but they don't. Greed has paid off so far though.
Reason being that most feel they severely missed the boat with BTC!

I for one am one of those people who had over a few thousand BTC in its early days playing madden for money online and one of my opponent told me where I could use it at (dark web) and I researched and fucking bailed!

that was a mistake I won’t make again so here’s hoping dogecoin steps up next

Top Bottom