• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the PS5 the best place to play third-party multiplats on console this generation? It's time Gaf! -- Poll Inside!

Is the PS5 the best place to play third-party multiplats on consoles this generation?

• Total voters
Relax warrior.

We're two weeks into this new generation.

You've already been banned many times for fan flaming threads.

Is that so? Care to point when? Cause last I checked I've not been banned to date.

Also, another thread of mine where you enter just to shat on it by going after me. I know I got a fanbase but.... it's getting creepy. Look in the mirror instead of projecting.

Last edited:

Elginer

Most of my friends are in the PlayStation online environment so I guess for more games it will be there for me but honestly speaking, I enjoy the Xbox more for media and the UI, just wish it had better exclusives, be they 4K or not.

The Alien

Banned
3 weeks into a 7 year gen the ONLY answer is premature. Though not surprised fanboys outed themselves.

If Dirt 5 and Watch Dogs Legion are the 2 games to emulate whats to come for the next 99% of the PS5/XSX gen....than this new gen is gonna suck.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Let’s start the generation first. I’m not sure Xbox should be let off the hook for a disappointing launch showing, but there’s wisdom, perhaps accidental, in the cries to wait.

Give developers time to settle in with both consoles. Give the opportunity for games to start drilling down and using those hardware features without the pressures of launch and 2020. Give genuine next-gen games the chance to release on both.

Then we can talk. And who knows which way it’ll go? Maybe the PS5 will pull ahead even further. But we’ll have a good sample size, and the generation will be well underway for us to make these judgements.

Best way to avoid looking like an ass later.

This thread will age like milk.

Too late.

It's good exercise. If you look at it from the point of view of no right or wrong answers until proven otherwise you should have little emotional investment if things flip. It's a good indicator of opinions within a snapshot of time based on the enviroment within that time. What's not healthy imo is suppressing your true opinions for fear of ridicule - specially on anonymous boards. Folks gotta break that shyness. Or, like in some other places... gaters policing discussions on particular subjects to the point of suppression/fear.

Let’s start the generation first. I’m not sure Xbox should be let off the hook for a disappointing launch showing, but there’s wisdom, perhaps accidental, in the cries to wait.

Give developers time to settle in with both consoles. Give the opportunity for games to start drilling down and using those hardware features without the pressures of launch and 2020. Give genuine next-gen games the chance to release on both.

Then we can talk. And who knows which way it’ll go? Maybe the PS5 will pull ahead even further. But we’ll have a good sample size, and the generation will be well underway for us to make these judgements.

Best way to avoid looking like an ass later.

There is, even if accidental (the word is "not out of genuine caution"). No doubt about it, more games will come out - and the sample size will grow.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
lol 3 weeks into the generation, all we have are cross generation multiplatform games that are rife with bugs, and over 50% of the votes have already made up their mind. May as well have asked this question before the consoles even released, probably would have got the same response.

No wonder I had to show ignored posts to see this lol.

Last edited:

Larlight

Loved my PS5 no matter what even if we were made to believe it would have worse multiplat games, but the current results make me even happier to know the PS5 will be a very capable console for this generation.

This premature thread reeks of "STOP THE COUNT!" vibes. What are you afraid of?

You do realize by the time the vote count stops we'll be into next-gen territory in 2027? This thread actually counts... and will be kept up to date. Which is why votes are not final, there is no voting expiration timer and votes can be flipped. The question is, why are you afraid of early voting results?

I keep reading that since 2013...

I think the difference then is that expectations were met along paper spec lines. There were always "wait" holdouts but that's par for the course. This gen resembles more the X360/PS3 era.... at least early.

Last edited:

slade

I went with the last option. A game that is available on both systems will never be a factor in my purchase decisions. It's all about exclusives and currently MS has none that aren't also available elsewhere.

Wtf.

The gen just started for what, a month?

We cant make any decisions until 3 years.

This like dating a girl for one month and having her ask you when you think yall about to get married and have kids :|

Too early to call. Peculiar that this is a thread and so many people have made their minds up already.

The weird turn of events has been rather interesting and entertaining though.

LzacUGY.jpg

Star Wars Squadrons is 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Rocket League 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Call of Duty Warzone is 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

this is by far the biggest difference we had. All the other difference you mentioned in those games are not even noticeable. We need to zoom in 1000% to see a difference. We need to play the game in slow motion to see a difference. We need to have DF TELL US what the difference is.

this is by far the biggest difference we had. All the other difference you mentioned in those games are not even noticeable. We need to zoom in 1000% to see a difference. We need to play the game in slow motion to see a difference. We need to have DF TELL US what the difference is.

You're still on this? Well if you don't win with next games at least you win with backwards compat lol

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The fact that this poll has ps5 declared as the generation winner for mutiplatform games 2 weeks after launch is deeply disturbing. Seriously?

U r in anger/bargaining phase of grief, soon will come the acceptance pahse and u will enjoy ur xsx more . All the best bud❤

Last edited:

onQ123

Typing big while using BS BC games that got a patch for 120fps while not being patched on PS5 SMH

onQ123

The fact that this poll has ps5 declared as the generation winner for mutiplatform games 2 weeks after launch is deeply disturbing. Seriously?

2 Weeks after release vs 7 months before release

The Shepard

This thread is to early to declare an overall winner. I believe the xbox will likely have the advantage come Xmas 2021. Sony have done the better job getting there console and tools out there and the results are more impressive atm. Sony wins 2020, Xbox will win 2021.

I don't really care who wins either as I'll have both consoles to choose from by then.

THE DUCK

2 Weeks after release vs 7 months before release

Neither one makes sense.
Even right now, if you look at all the games out so far, 99.9% of the time the games look identical.
So I'm not sure how you can even get the ps5 as the "consistently powerfull performant" from that, let alone the furniture. Its 100% dilusional.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

I find curious this idea many people have that Xbox tools will mature and improve, but ps5 tools are going to be static or get worse.
Where is the logic behind this?

I think the arguement there is that the Sony ones were worked on longer before launch and we're already refined, where as the xbox one's were not. (For whatever reason) Not sure if its true, but if it was thats where they may be able to make up some ground.

Ar¢tos

I think the arguement there is that the Sony ones were worked on longer before launch and we're already refined, where as the xbox one's were not. (For whatever reason) Not sure if its true, but if it was thats where they may be able to make up some ground.
The gen barely started, I'm sure there is plenty of room for improvement on both sides. But with Sony APIs usually being lower level than MS and with MS usually having a higher overhead OS and APIs (and the switch to a general GDK doesn't help here), it means the gap is smaller than the theoretical Flop count. This will be, at most, the gen of true parity.

Pallas

Indeed. One thing to ponder is if half of the people saying "wait" would actually opine the same if it was the XSX outperforming the PS5 consistently. More like the general opinion would be that it's a forgone conclusion for XSX to be the home for multiplats on consoles because "It's the most powerful console" and the results "confirm it". "Why doubt?" "Why wait for some PS5 secret optimization sauce?" "Are you crazy?" The "As expected" takes.... right? No double takes, no hesitation - an undebatable given. The conditioning prior to launch doing its work, as laid out by marketing/press. But things haven't turned out "according to that conditioning" per say. That's where the cognitive dissonance is at play - deep down some folks still believe there is a chance for it to somehow flip to the outcome they were built up to expect - even if they have no way of truly explaining how or when. On the flipside it's fair to have a wait to see reaction (not that a vote is a life or death decision lmao) but we can't ignore some of the reasons as to why that is - which is definitely not just genuine caution. Then there is always those who would like to avoid drawing a line in the sand.... prefer the diplomatic approach until they deem wiser to opine - in fear of ridicule ("neutrals" and such). People often go along with the current. It's all funny to watch unfold.
Perhaps the hardcore fanboys but me personally I’d still say wait until more games come out and the consoles mature more if the scenario was flipped. Launch games are never the best indicator of a consoles true strength, but more importantly just enjoy the damn games and stop caring if one is stronger than the other. That’s not specifically to you, just in general. It’s gotten really bad around here lately.
I keep reading that since 2013...

And I’m sure you’ve been trolling about it since 2013.

Top Bottom