• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the PS5 the best place to play third-party multiplats on console this generation? It's time Gaf! -- Poll Inside!

Is the PS5 the best place to play third-party multiplats on consoles this generation?

• Total voters
for 3rd party games PC is king of course, hell even the PS exclusives that make it to PC look and run better.

Last edited:

kyoji

I wonder what the new excuse will be once cross gen and tools are out, fuck it blame game pass and less budget 😎

onQ123

I own the ps5 and love it so far :) but 3rd party games will be better on series X before long.

You are ill-informed the only way games will end up better on Xbox Series X is if the devs go out of their way to use compute more or if they use ML to upscale while running the games at a lower resolution.

Keep in mind that these results are happening while Xbox Series X is using a 1080P dashboard to save bandwidth & PS5 is using a 4K dashboard.

Imagine when these guys start using the geometry engine and cache scrubbers, the superior I/O DMAC, imagine when they start leveraging the higher clocks, which is already proving to be the better decision, smaller and faster vs wider and slower......Variable clocks to keep the console cool and not overworked when it does not need to....Then devs can een leverage smartshift technology more directly, how about when devs begin to use that Audio CU for other things, like physics, some extra cycles, how about that 512MB of DDR4 that people are now talking about.....This is only the beginning of what PS5 can do, these tools are not even mature yet, devs are not even close to leveraging it's potential yet....

Then there's sound and the controller with haptics and soon VR2.0.....It won't be pretty....

Imagine dedicating your life to astroturfing for a plastic box.

JackMcGunns

They literally just launched.

Looks at Ryse: Son of Rome best looking launch title.
Looks at Destiny 1080p and smoother frame rate.
Looks at multiple games with better texture filtering on XB1

Conclusion? XB1 is the consistently more powerful current gen console lol, but we should’ve known it wouldn’t last.

Last edited:
And now the Sony Hive descends upon me. Me, a happy PS5 owner. Back to your Spec Thread Safety Nest, demons!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm going to play multiplayer games on both. Probably more on Xbox because I have more friends there. PS5 will be for those singleplayer masterpieces.

InDaGulag

Who cares. Play on whatever system you want.

But the answer will always be PC. It's always has been. High end PCs can be upgraded as much times as you want to get the latest and greatest tech. Whereas consoles are limited to the same hardware years after their original release.

TheFarter

Banned
I'm shocked by the first place poll result. Shocked I tell you! It's been like 3 weeks of these consoles being out.

You are ill-informed the only way games will end up better on Xbox Series X is if the devs go out of their way to use compute more or if they use ML to upscale while running the games at a lower resolution.

Keep in mind that these results are happening while Xbox Series X is using a 1080P dashboard to save bandwidth & PS5 is using a 4K dashboard.
why does the resolution of a dashboard matter when it comes to game quality?

Raonak

Banned

Conclusion? XB1 is the consistently more powerful current gen console lol, but we should’ve known it wouldn’t last.

lol, no. XB1 was generally running games lower resolution than PS4 from day 1.
AC, WD, BF4, and a lot of other games all running lower on XB1, COD in particular, ran 1080p on PS4 and 720p on xbox.
(source)

the gap was evident from the start, and the gap remained intact until the mid-gen refreshes.

Shmunter

PS5 dashboard integrates into the game experience now. The cards and notification almost act like a game menu. Wouldn’t do to have these things in lo-fi, there would be a disconnect with hires games. Doesn’t really matter on Xbox tho.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
lol, no. XB1 was generally running games lower resolution than PS4 from day 1.
AC, WD, BF4, and a lot of other games all running lower on XB1, COD in particular, ran 1080p on PS4 and 720p on xbox.
(source)

the gap was evident from the start, and the gap remained intact until the mid-gen refreshes.
You know what else was also evident from the start? That the PS4 was more powerful spec-wise. That isn't the case this time. So looking at the past, we are actually seeing the opposite happen right now. That means that using the past which was different, to conclude anything about the present, is foolish.

onQ123

It means that they are already cutting corners to get the games running the way they are now so as time go by & they free up resources so games can run better PS5 will be the one that can free up the most resources because MS already promised a 4K dashboard which will need some of the resources.

The guy has a weird obsession with me. Event sent me strange and disturbing PM for some reason. Not quite right in the head, I'll leave it there.

Yeah I’m calling bullshit on this. I don’t remember exactly what I wrote to you, this was months ago, but I’m pretty sure all I did was respectfully ask for you to add me to your ignore list as I was tired of the constant war replies at the time. Not that I should have sent that to you, but I hardly consider such requests “strange and disturbing.” Nice try though.

I could be wrong, if was awhile ago, but feel free to report the DM if it truly is “strange and disturbing” and I’ll be appropriately disciplined by staff.

Don’t accuse someone of this kinda bullshit unless you post the receipt too, though. That’s chickenshit. Or, heaven forbid, handle DMs in DMs person to person and leave it there, unless it truly was harassing or explicit, which I think I would remember.

Oh, and I sent those kind of requests to lots of people who only post war bait. You’re not special.

Keep holding they grudge tho! The accusation got you plenty of likes.

Next time accuse me of stealing your lunch money and maybe you’ll get gold for it.

Im a weird guy but I’m pretty sure all my DMs have been civil the last couple years

Last edited:

Shmunter

Yeah I’m calling bullshit on this. I don’t remember exactly what I wrote to you, this was months ago, but I’m pretty sure all I did was respectfully ask for you to add me to your ignore list as I was tired of the constant war replies at the time. Not that I should have sent that to you, but I hardly consider such requests “strange and disturbing.” Nice try though.

I could be wrong, if was awhile ago, but feel free to report the DM if it truly is “strange and disturbing” and I’ll be appropriately disciplined by staff.

Don’t accuse someone of this kinda bullshit unless you post the receipt too, though. That’s chickenshit. Or, heaven forbid, handle DMs in DMs person to person and leave it there, unless it truly was harassing or explicit, which I think I would remember.

Oh, and I sent those kind of requests to lots of people who only post war bait. You’re not special.

Keep holding they grudge tho! The accusation got you plenty of likes.

Next time accuse me of stealing your lunch money and maybe you’ll get gold for it.

Im a weird guy but I’m pretty sure all my DMs have been civil the last couple years
It was disturbing as in your mental health was in question. A wall of text pleading for a safe space. Seemingly I’m not the only one to receive such ridiculous dm’s

What’s ironic is you haven’t got me on ignore but asking me to put you on ignore?!?? I have the capacity to ignore without putting anyone on a list. No desire from my side to engage you and are replying only because you feel the need to engage me first.

Considering you’re likely a juvenile based on your prior tag being FartNoises, I do not hold a grudge, but will retaliate accordingly to snarky comments aimed at me should I feel like it.

Now do what you should have done in the first place and put me on your ignore list and live happy.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
It was disturbing as in your mental health was in question. A wall of text pleading for a safe space. Seemingly I’m not the only one to receive such ridiculous dm’s

What’s ironic is you haven’t got me on ignore but asking me to put you on ignore?!?? I have the capacity to ignore without putting anyone on a list. No desire from my side to engage you and are replying only because you feel the need to engage me first.

Considering you’re likely a juvenile based on your prior tag being FartNoises, I do not hold a grudge, but will retaliate accordingly to snarky comments aimed at me should I feel like it.

Now do what you should have done in the first place and put me on your ignore list and live happy.
Nobody messes with Chunk on our watch..
tenor.gif

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Console warring is silly. It is really hard to make value judgements on just a handful of launch titles.

Assuming Xbox gets their ducks in a row I imagine it'll have the best performance by virtue of sheer power. That said, PS will probably exhibit faster load times thanks to the SSD. The only people who will notice either are the enthusiasts online. It'll be 1080p vs 900p all over again-something that the average consumer is both unaware of and ambivalent to.

As far as which console will the best place to play? Whichever one you choose to buy. Buy the console that has the features, games, and price that is right for you. Maybe that is PlayStation maybe it is Xbox. It doesn't really matter. For those that own both consoles maybe the answer will be simple-PlayStation might have some exclusive content like COD or Avengers; Xbox might have the game launching day 1 on GamePass like Dragon Quest or Destiny. Maybe the only differentiating factor is performance-wait for the Digital Foundry comparison.

The best console will the one that is most fun for you. The only wrong answer to this question is one that is used to justify a petty console war.

Sony fanboys have no shame :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hate myself for voting in this shit, voted it’s too early - shame there was no option to vote to delete yet another embarrassment of a thread.

OP must be 11, max.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Considering how Sony shafted Japanese games last gen towards the later end of the Ps4's lifetime fuck no.
Shit just launched man lol.

JackMcGunns

You know what else was also evident from the start? That the PS4 was more powerful spec-wise. That isn't the case this time. So looking at the past, we are actually seeing the opposite happen right now. That means that using the past which was different, to conclude anything about the present, is foolish.

That is literally the CASE this time. lol

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That this can actually be a legit thread right now is so hilarious.

What a time to be alive.....PS5 is a beast.

LOL imagine thinking Ryse looked better than Killzone Shadow Fall.

Top Bottom