• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there an upcoming Nintendo event?

syfodyas

Banned
Okay, so E3 is no more.
I see that the Sony fans are blowing their load at the rather 'meh' but 'oh-so-pretty' titles revealed at their
Graphics/
Gamers Day (I notice sticky-d like every other Sony related thread in this damn forum). But is there any Nintendo event or press conference planned over the next week or so? Anyone know of anything that might slip the radar?
Yeah im a Nintendo fan, and yeah I want to know whats planned…:lol

By the end of next week Metroid and Smash Bros. news.

EDIT- I know that because the Japanese Smash Bros site has a countdown, and Matt-IGN near promised us that there would be Metroid Prime 3 stuff next week (week of the 20th). That, and EBgames is saying Metroid in August.

Krowley

Something next week... Not sure exactly what day although somebody here on the board may know. It's going to involve some info on smash brothers and MP3 but other than that it's a secret to everyone.

I expect some disclosure on games we haven't heard much about.

The diving game and Disaster day of crisis.. Maybe project hammer.

edit// oh yeah and matt confirmed in a mailbag that he's going to seattle for something next week although he was kind of cryptic about it if i'm remembering right.

edit// It's in this mailbag

syfodyas

Banned
underfooter said:
By the end of next week Metroid and Smash Bros. news.

EDIT- I know that because the Japanese Smash Bros site has a countdown, and Matt-IGN near promised us that there would be Metroid Prime 3 stuff next week (week of the 20th). That, and EBgames is saying Metroid in August.

So nothing concrete then... Great :-(
We already know about Smash Bros and Metroid (which I played to death at several events last year), I want to hear about the NEW stuff..

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
We know they have a shitload of games in development, so they have to show them sooner or later. We know it's going to be before the end of summer. After that, I 'unno.

syfodyas

Banned
Krowley said:
edit// oh yeah and matt confirmed in a mailbag that he's going to seattle for something next week although he was kind of cryptic about it if i'm remembering right.
Lets hope....:)

syfodyas said:
So nothing concrete then... Great :-(
We already know about Smash Bros and Metroid (which I played to death at several events last year), I want to hear about the NEW stuff..

Well we never know when NEW stuff is coming. I can't remember the last time Nintendo openly said 'we will show NEW stuff then'. As it stands, we pretty much know wii's 2007 lineup.

I think they will mostly be covering Q3 and getting the Smash Bros. hype train going for the holidays. I wouldn't be at all suprised to get some wii health pack, Battallion Wars, or Strikers Charges NA info next week along with Metroid.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Game-Biz said:
Just be here May 21st. Hopefully there wont be any embargoes.
On a public site? You can tell your friends offline or else! :lol Or are you talking about more than Smash Bros.? :O

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I have no comment on this. Put it this way, bitching a lot and publicly gets you things.

Krowley

underfooter said:
Well we never know when NEW stuff is coming. I can't remember the last time Nintendo openly said 'we will show NEW stuff then'. As it stands, we pretty much know wii's 2007 lineup.

I think they will mostly be covering Q3 and getting the Smash Bros. hype train going for the holidays. I wouldn't be at all suprised to get some wii health pack, Battallion Wars, or Strikers Charges NA info next week along with Metroid.

I wonder about mario galaxy. If they don't hype it at this event then I think we can assume it will release last among the big three. That would suggest it was on a later schedule than smash or MP3.

he says in his new Mailbag
. We're going to have a preview of an "expanded audience" Wii game next week that uses the DS in very innovative ways. Stay tuned on Monday or Tuesday for more. Hype train: please don't blow this out of proportion as there are no megatons to be found

So i think there is something Monday/Tuesday!!

syfodyas

Banned
VOOK said:
I have no comment on this. Put it this way, bitching a lot and publicly gets you things.

question_mark%20(WinCE).jpg

Game-Biz

jj984jj said:
On a public site? You can tell your friends offline or else! :lol Or are you talking about more than Smash Bros.?
Apparently that's when the event is taking place over in Redmond. Of course, that's only a rumor. At the very least new Smash news.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
The Media Summit will take place May 22 (all invitees) and May 23 (pre-approved long-lead only invitees on embargo).

No mention of embargoes on the earlier stuff yet, but expect some new *something*, including 3rd party software. Stuff should start showing up after 6 PM PST on the 22nd (unless some Blackberry owners start posting from the event).

Tristam

Geek said:
The Media Summit will take place May 22 (all invitees) and May 23 (pre-approved long-lead only invitees on embargo).

No mention of embargoes on the earlier stuff yet, but expect some new *something*, including 3rd party software. Stuff should start showing up after 6 PM PST on the 22nd (unless some Blackberry owners start posting from the event).

I <3 you.

Geek said:

Embargoes????

killitwithfire.gif

They at least call it Media Summit instead of gamer's day.

DefectiveReject said:
how comes we only just get told this now?
DAMMIT

Yeah, whyz?

Geek said:

DAMMIT

syfodyas

Banned
Geek said:

Sweet as Candy!

Krowley

Geek said:

So if i'm reading this right that would mean there will be a major event with lot's of info on the 22nd and then on the 23rd, the magazine people would get to see stuff that isn't supposed to be revealed until E3 so they can have it ready for their next issue.

VOOK

(pre-approved long-lead only invitees on embargo)

That means print etc who have info about games further away are on Embargo, the first day though there is no embargo.

At this stage, is what it seems anyway. I'm not going so I don't know for sure.

edit: What Krowley said

jj984jj

Yay! Hopefully they reveal that they actually have a line-up other than ASH and non-games for the DS after July (when they release Zelda in Japan)!

And maybe, I dunno, SHOW ASH? Famitsu says it's 80% complete yet we haven't seen any but 3 screens since October 05 at the WFC unveiling conference.

jj984jj said:
Yay! Hopefully they reveal that they actually have a line-up other than ASH and non-games for the DS after July (when they release Zelda in Japan)!
I don't know about any DS games, but I can pretty much guarantee you we'll see a Q3/Q4 lineup for the Wii.

VOOK

Game-Biz said:
Probably because this information is embargoed. Tis' the only explanation.

Or because someone is copying and pasting from a invite maybe?

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't know about any DS games, but I can pretty much guarantee you we'll see a Q3/Q4 lineup for the Wii.

This person speaks the truth, and about damn time.

jj984jj

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't own a Wii yet and we know what's coming out. I wanna see some DS games since it's called Nintendo DS, not Square-Enix DS. :(

jj984jj said:
I don't own a Wii yet and we know what's coming out. I wanna see some DS games since it's called Nintendo DS, not Square-Enix DS. :(
Oh, I wasn't saying there won't be any. Just noting that I personally don't know of any.

I'd bet my left nut there will be some there, though.

NotWii

Banned
Since there's a countdown on smashbros.com and hints indicating new SSBB material, I'd say there won't be any embargo after May 22.
Matt has been raving about MP3 for a while, I'd say he's seen MP3 but can't say anything til next week when they publically unveil it.

The only stupid thing is why isn't Nintendo making more noise about this event?
There's a game drought on both Wii and DS, they need to speak out about all the awesome games in development before people become disinterested and sell their 'Wii Sports console'.

Another way to fight that is to release a demo channel, but I don't think Nintendo are smart enough to do that...

jj984jj

chibcicylist said:
The bigger question is, will the Nintendo event get stickied?
Obviously Amir0x or someone will make a summary thread and sticky it.

ShockingAlberto said:
Oh, I wasn't saying there won't be any. Just noting that I personally don't know of any.

I'd bet my left nut there will be some there, though.
:)

Geek

Ninny Prancer
DefectiveReject said:
DAMMIT

Huh? Is this not preparation enough for you?

Wii said:
There's a game drought on both Wii and DS, they need to speak out about all the awesome games in development before people become disinterested and sell their 'Wii Sports console'.

C'mon already. This is just a media presentation day, not E3. There is no pre-hype needed, there is no drought, and Wii mania isn't going to swell outside of GAF based on whatever is shown here.

UNLESS THEY SHOW WII HEALTH WHICH IS GOING TO BE THE BEST SELLING TITLE OF 2007.

Wii said:
Since there's a countdown on smashbros.com and hints indicating new SSBB material, I'd say there won't be any embargo.
Matt has been raving about MP3 for a while, I'd say he's seen MP3 but can't say anything til next week when they publically unveil it.

Another way to fight that is to release a demo channel, but I don't think Nintendo are smart enough to do that...
Probably because anyone who bought the console for Wii Sports and will sell it because there currently aren't any games they want out right now are probably not the type to be aware of hype for a Gamer's Day in Seattle covered by gaming press exclusively.

NotWii

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Probably because anyone who bought the console for Wii Sports and will sell it because there currently aren't any games they want out right now are probably not the type to be aware of hype for a Gamer's Day in Seattle covered by gaming press exclusively.
Yeah, but when even regular gamers don't even know there's a summit... that's a bit stupid. It's like hiding the games in stores from the customer.

That's why Nintendo needs a Demo Channel.

Ravidrath

There are going to be traditional E3-style press conferences around the time of the E3 Media Summit.

There will doubtless be announcements before then, but there will be a lot of news revealed then, too.

Fun? I don't even remember what console it was for :lol

Ravidrath said:
There are going to be traditional E3-style press conferences around the time of the E3 Media Summit.

There will doubtless be announcements before then, but there will be a lot of news revealed then, too.

E3 is so close to the Holidays now that its pointless not to share info about the Fall titles sooner and share 2008 info at this shitty-Ewas

AniHawk

Smiles and Cries said:
Fun? I don't even remember what console it was for :lol

E3 is so close to the Holidays now that its pointless not to share info about the Fall titles sooner and share 2008 info at this shitty-Ewas

E for All is in October. E3 is is July.

Top Bottom