• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any benefit to owning the PS5 version of a game if you own the PS4 version w/upgrade?

So I just scored a PS5 and I currently have the PS4 version of Hitman 3 shipping to me. Is there any benefit to exchanging the PS4 copy for the PS5? The only thing I can think is maybe there is less data that needs to be stored on the HDD if you have the disc version but I am not sure thats true?

Practically, no. In the end, you'll get the same game and you'll have to install the full game on the internal drive for either version. The only difference is if you want to have the PS5 version on the disc or not. You'll have to download the updated separately for the PS4 disc, and in the distant future when the servers are down for that you'll be stuck forever with the PS4 version. If you don't care about that, then it doesn't matter and either version is fine

RAIDEN1

Apparently this is the first instance that a game looks better on the Xbox, some are saying Hitman looks better on the Xbox SX than PS5....

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If anything you gain a little bit by having a PS4 version. If for whatever reason you want to give it to someone to borrow they dont need a PS5 to play it, but also if they do they would get a free upgrade. Just a few more options but they will be practically non existent to most owners.

Moogle11

Banned
Apparently this is the first instance that a game looks better on the Xbox, some are saying Hitman looks better on the Xbox SX than PS5....
Cyberpunk did as well, though that was just a better BC version since not a native PS5/XSX version. But it did look way better (especially in quality mode) and crashed way less. Two crashes on 64+ hours for me vs a friend who had 50+ crashes on PS5.

Aenima

The only benefit is if u buy a physical PS5 game the game will install fron the disk to the hard drive, if its a PS4 game it will need to download the digital version of the game.

Is still better to own the PS4 version as u can play it on both consoles.

Cravis

bcMjKbw.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
So I just scored a PS5 and I currently have the PS4 version of Hitman 3 shipping to me. Is there any benefit to exchanging the PS4 copy for the PS5? The only thing I can think is maybe there is less data that needs to be stored on the HDD if you have the disc version but I am not sure thats true?
Same data will be stored on SSD.
And it will have both versions of on the disc... the PS4 for VR play and the PS5 version.

Yu need the disc on tray to play both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom