• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any food you eat every day?

Fbh

I eat instant oatmeal + milk + either fruit or a mix of almonds, nuts almost every day for breakfast.

Which almost makes me sound healthy.....but then I also have a beer with dinner almost every day.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

steve austin cmt GIF by Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge

Fools idol

Banned
Pistachios, walnuts, cashews. Have always snacked on a combination of those 3 since I was a kid.. It's good for ya!

MaestroMike

Gold Member
steak lobster & caviar you peasants...also a slice of bread with some maple syrup on it, cocoa puffs, mountain dew & pepperoni hot pockets NOM NOM

I eat eggs everyday for breakfast but I seriously wish I could eat ice cream, gummy bears, steak, pasta, burgers every single day. There was a time though where I ate fries for lunch almost everyday

Last edited:
potato. i fucking love potato. i'd happily eat just potato for the rest of my life. i don't care how it's made or what it looks like...if there's potato in it then i'll have some of that.

i've already had some boiled potatos today and mashed some up. will be having more later. probably will have some chips (fries) for dinner too. tomorrow i'll have more potato. i've ran out of waffles, croquettes, and hashbrowns so will be buying more of them!

Star-Lord

I’m really struggling to see how some of the members eat the food every day they claim to. They must be a diabetic time bomb just waiting to go off.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I eat healthy but very monotonously. For your gut health variation is really good but meh I cba.

Every morning I have Greek yoghurt, blue berries, almonds, banana, oatmeal and honey.

Doesn’t necessarily mean anything. If you eat certain foods everyday, doesn’t mean it’s any healthier for you. If I have two rashers of bacon a day, seven days a week, it’s still going to fuck me up in the long run.
What’s a rasher?

anyways, it really does mean something. Study how macros work. If I hit my daily macros and pay attention to my calories in vs out, I can eat ice cream every day without issue. I’m in my late 30s and have been doing this for a long, long time and am in peak health.

Edit: also, bacon isn’t inherently unhealthy. Tons of extremely fit and healthy people eat a shit load of bacon on their keto diet. It’s actually pretty common.

Last edited:
I eat ice cream every day.

I always make sure to have ice cream in the freezer. I eat mostly high end fancy hipster expensive ice cream (Jeni’s, salt & straw, wanderlust, etc.) so it adds up. I can’t imagine life without it though.

I worked with a guy once who ate the same lunch every day. Turkey sandwich with Swiss cheese.

do you eat anything every day?

Do you actually go to Salt & Straw to buy the ice cream? What do you get if you can only get ice cream at a supermarket?

Do you actually go to Salt & Straw to buy the ice cream? What do you get if you can only get ice cream at a supermarket?
Yeah we have 2 salt & straws very close to where I live

The 3 I listed in the OP are all a short drive from me, but if I had to buy it from the supermarket, Jeni’s is sold at Ralph’s and I think Vons in the area. They don’t have the same variety of flavors at the supermarket but pretty much all the flavors are solid.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

I’m really struggling to see how some of the members eat the food every day they claim to. They must be a diabetic time bomb just waiting to go off.
I hope my Mcdonald's hamburgers (with no salt & pickles, might I add) isn't part of this group, lol.

Star-Lord

I hope my Mcdonald's hamburgers (with no salt & pickles, might I add) isn't part of this group, lol.
It was, but I wasn’t aware it was withhold salt and pickles. Still not overly healthy for you, mind, but I think I’m probably just jealous. I have a shit metabolism.

Vagswarm

It was, but I wasn’t aware it was withhold salt and pickles. Still not overly healthy for you, mind, but I think I’m probably just jealous. I have a shit metabolism.
Yep, I'm always asked to move up to the waiting line, lol. Their hamburgers aren't that bad and are only one of two recommended items by dieticians when eating there (egg mcmuffin is the other one).

I've had every test you could possibly have done and the only thing I have is borderline-high cholestrol. Had a kidney & heart scare, turned out to be nothing and every test came back normal. I also lost 8 pounds over the past couple of months by watching the caloric intake (no exercise).

Star-Lord

Yep, I'm always asked to move up to the waiting line, lol. Their hamburgers aren't that bad and are only one of two recommended items by dieticians when eating there (egg mcmuffin is the other one).

I've had every test you could possibly have done and the only thing I have is borderline-high cholestrol. Had a kidney & heart scare, turned out to be nothing and every test came back normal. I also lost 8 pounds over the past couple of months by watching the caloric intake (no exercise).
That’s good, man.

Again, I’m probably only whinging because I know if I are a hamburger every day, I’d have to work bloody hard to either maintain the weight or lose it altogether. My weight at the moment is 15 1/2 stone, which is roughly 217lb. Basically, I’m a fat cunt with a shit metabolism.

I really do want to lose weight, but the last few years have been rough, and I find comfort in food. I’ve considered getting a personal trainer at the local gym, but they can be costly. I’ve also considered doing a soup and water diet but, apparently, there’s no nutritional value to it and the weight will just pile on once I start eating again. Yay for uselessness.

Vagswarm

That’s good, man.

Again, I’m probably only whinging because I know if I are a hamburger every day, I’d have to work bloody hard to either maintain the weight or lose it altogether. My weight at the moment is 15 1/2 stone, which is roughly 217lb. Basically, I’m a fat cunt with a shit metabolism.

I really do want to lose weight, but the last few years have been rough, and I find comfort in food. I’ve considered getting a personal trainer at the local gym, but they can be costly. I’ve also considered doing a soup and water diet but, apparently, there’s no nutritional value to it and the weight will just pile on once I start eating again. Yay for uselessness.
From my understanding (and what the doc just recently told me), if you're looking to lose weight, it is almost all in how much you eat. Most articles will tell you the same thing. I never found improvement by just exercising, but did by just watching how much I eat. Notice that's how much, not what you eat. The "good" foods simply have less calories and fill you up quicker, so they obviously work better.

Star-Lord

From my understanding (and what the doc just recently told me), if you're looking to lose weight, it is almost all in how much you eat. Most articles will tell you the same thing. I never found improvement by just exercising, but did by just watching how much I eat. Notice that's how much, not what you eat. The "good" foods simply have less calories and fill you up quicker, so they obviously work better.
My problem is, when I start eating the high-calorie foods (crisps, sweets, pastries, etc) I find it hard to stop. In my mind, they’re the ‘good foods’ because they taste better, even though they add little-to-no nutritional value. I do eat fruit and veg, but not enough to make up for the shit I eat.

Vagswarm

My problem is, when I start eating the high-calorie foods (crisps, sweets, pastries, etc) I find it hard to stop. In my mind, they’re the ‘good foods’ because they taste better, even though they add little-to-no nutritional value. I do eat fruit and veg, but not enough to make up for the shit I eat.
Yes, this is normal. The problem is, those foods are essentially empty calories and addicting. Sugar is addicting. It's easy to binge snack on an entire bag of garbage in one sitting. I recommend looking at the nutritional values of these foods (especially) and keep it reasonable. You'll be surprised how much crap you're actually eating. Compare it to the daily recommended values posted on the web. I wouldn't even eat the stuff you mentioned -- they're usually loaded with fat & sugar. I eat chips sometimes, but not a whole bag in one day. I'll also do gummy bears once in a while.

Eat regular foods like chicken, salmon, and eggs with the vegetables (at least the first two, lol). Snack on fruits. I get bananas (full), and watermelon, cantaloupe and whatever the green melon is... at Festival, in the small cups.

That's basically what I eat. Nothing special, didn't go crazy with changes. And drink more water... I especially do this when dehydrated or not feeling the greatest (the two are related).

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

That's just basic biology. Sugar means energy and we evolved to love that, because we needed it. Now corporations just abuse that mechanic.

Daymos

Eggs, I used to eat cereal for breakfast but I found it often caused my blood sugar to drop about 2 hours later.

You have that huge boost of carbs plus your bodies natural glycogen sugar first thing in the morning and you start heading towards type 2 diabetes as the decades pass.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Eggs, I used to eat cereal for breakfast but I found it often caused my blood sugar to drop about 2 hours later.

You have that huge boost of carbs plus your bodies natural glycogen sugar first thing in the morning and you start heading towards type 2 diabetes as the decades pass.
Yup. I still have a brain tumor, and it seems like on rainy days I'm more susceptible to seizures (I'm guessing perhaps because of the change in air pressure), and though I typically do my breakfast bar and Lara bar on early work days, I've been thinking of switching over to doing my protein in the morning (and plain almonds) on rainy days. Maybe an Epic bar (it's like natural jerky) or three boiled eggs on those days. Normally, the breakfast bar gives me the energy for the high pace I need while "staging" product at 4am, and the Lara bar gives me the protein to sustain it until lunch. But...that sugar seems to trigger the seizures on those rainy days.

Last edited:

martinwinn

Neo Member
Well, there is this fruit called avocado that I eat everyday in breakfast. This fruit also holds powerful nutrients that help rid toxins in the liver and helps in liver detoxification. It is also rich in fiber which helps in fat loss and ultimately improves your blood circulation. You should also eat it.

Top Bottom