• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any reason why my hair on top(not the crown) got thin all of sudden?

Larlight

Any Gaf members have experience with this? I have thick hair that has stayed that way my entire life up until the past month where all of sudden the top of my head near the front and middle became thin in the past month. Only reason I found out was when I getting my routine haircut, my barber mentioned you're a little thin on the top so he wasn't sure if I wanted to get my usual short haircut with clippers. He never ever mentioned this before or 2nd guessed giving me the same haircut before so I know this started happening recently. I looked at photos I took of myself and they aren't the most direct pics of my head but I could tell in early June my head looked fine. The thinning started happening in mid June. I'm pretty sure thinning would be a slow process I noticed over time and not all of sudden. Could it be stress related? I have been a little stressed out from my workload the past month... If it is, is there anything to get it back to normal? Vitamins, foods, products that work?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Could be stress or some transient health condition, yea.

During a rough patch in my life my hair started thinning a noticeable amount. Even others noticed it. I was stressed and not getting much sleep. I made adjustments, started scheduling more vacation days and taking staycations and such to wind down. Reading more, even. After about a year my hair started growing thick again. It's now back to normal.

Whatever the case, good luck. If it comes down to it, I've heard good things about Propecia, though the side effects can be a doozy.

Sleepwalker

Go see a dermathologist asap if you care about not being bald. It could be external factors or you could be balding.

Theres no age or timeline for balding, it can happen at any point in your life and it can take a long time or be aggressive but if treated early youll be fine.

Larlight

Go see a dermathologist asap if you care about not being bald. It could be external factors or you could be balding.

Theres no age or timeline for balding, it can happen at any point in your life and it can take a long time or be aggressive but if treated early youll be fine.
When you say treated early, what exactly do you mean? Like I will continue to live my life normally again without hair loss?

Sleepwalker

When you say treated early, what exactly do you mean? Like I will continue to live my life normally again without hair loss?
Yeah, youll be able to minimize/stop your hair loss with treatment. The key is attacking it early. Once the hair is gone its mostly gone unless you go for things like transplants.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Did you have covid, I've seen reports it causes temporary hair loss, and given I have a few family members with hairloss after covid, it seems reasonable

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

Hairloss sucks. Outside of implants, there are few guarantees. There are some medications that MIGHT work. Even if it does you need to stay on it forever. Buzz it down short would be my suggestion if you aren't ready to shave it off. I'm not with mine.

Top Bottom