• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any way to watch the Olympics without ads?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Olympic season coming up. I'm always excited then immediately click off once the deluge of ads start rolling in.

Is there a streaming service out there I can pay money to and just watch the fuckin games? I don't even care if it's like... dead air / no commentary while commercials are supposed to be playing.

Looks like Peacock has a thing? They also have an ad-free thing but it's only for certain on-demand stuff? Anyone know if this is possible, or am I skipping over yet another Olympics because I can't tolerate the constant interruptions?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When I watch streams, most of them are someone capturing a tv feed with ads. But every once in a while it'll be some vanilla version with zero ads and dead time during obvious TV breaks.

One good thing about these feeds (they seem few and random) is during intermissions. Instead of showing ads and analysts, they'll show the NBA half time show as a cameraman is still working recording it for whatever purpose. So you'll see that which is cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think Peacock is the only way.
Their premium plus plan says this:

*Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events and a few shows and movies).

I'm assuming that means the Olympics will still have ads? Or am I wrong?

I love the olympics for some reason and almost always look forward to them especially when the host country is somewhere I would actually want to check out. I want to see shit like table tennis, badminton, and breakdancing (in 2024) but they never play any of that at a reasonable hour or at all in America.

Ballthyrm

BBC is your best bet. Not sure how easy it is to watch the BBC from outside the UK, or if BBC coverage outside the UK is add free like it is here.
It really depends if OP want coverage of the Americans Athletes or not.
The canadian Coverage is also pretty decent but just as the BBC will tend to cover the UK Athletes, CBC will cover Canadians ones.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
This would be a problem if we could just get some super bowl caliber effort into the ads.

Monokrom

Here in Sweden, we have to switch channels alot. Discoverys channels in Kanal 5, Kanal 9, Kanal 11, Eurosport, Eurosport 2 als the streamingplattform Discovery+.

I miss the80's when everything was monopolized.

420bits

If you are in America world, our television is built on commercials.

Fixed it for you.,

I don't watch linear TV anymore and havnt for years because its just ads.

But here is a wild fucking thing, when i grew up (born in 1980s) There was ZERO commercials in shows that were considered "short". like The Simpsons for example.

So imagine watching an entire Simpsons ep without a fucking Gillette commercial, sounds pretty neat right?
Now imagine watching 2 episodes back to back without a commercial break in between? ON FUCKING TV.

Top Bottom