• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there anyway to save the trilogy now? (Star Wars)

pramod

Banned
I'm trying to think of possibilities of how JJ can save this dumpster fire with Ep. 9 but nothing much comes to mind.

Maybe they can bring Luke back and make him totally wreck some shit but that seems highly unlikely.

Maybe they can give us a satisfying conclusion to Poe's arc but honestly I have lost interest in all these new characters except Kylo. I dont even know why Finn is in the trilogy at all. It just seems too late to fix all that has been broken.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Also typically in trilogies you introduce new interesting characters that you can build upon in part 3. But the Last Jedi didnt even bother to do that (no Rose doesnt count). Now they have to resort to bringing back Lando just to make things interesting...it feels more like desperation to me.

shira

No.

They had a story with Leia.
Lando is a very frail old man.

The best they can do is have some kind of legacy ending fan service.
[good guys win]

shira

Maybe they can give us a satisfying conclusion to Poe's arc but honestly I have lost interest in all these new characters except Kylo. I dont even know why Finn is in the trilogy at all. It just seems too late to fix all that has been broken.
They ruined Poe and Finn.
They were bro's in the first one.
Then this fucking Rose storyline appears and Poe is a super meathead.

They can double down and turn it into a Rose and Finn love letter to go with the Rey and Kylo forbidden relationship.
I don't know. It's a complete mess without Leia not being the heroine and her completing the final arc.

I'm trying to think of possibilities of how JJ can save this dumpster fire with Ep. 9 but nothing much comes to mind.

Maybe they can bring Luke back and make him totally wreck some shit but that seems highly unlikely.

The fact that you think the only way to "fix" the triology is by having Luke come back and "totally wreck some shit" means your opinion isn't worth considering.

The Disney Star Wars films have been so much better than what Lucas did with the prequels it's unbelievable. I really think that if it weren't for its politics TLJ would be near universally considered the best film of the series.

kunonabi

The fact that you think the only way to "fix" the triology is by having Luke come back and "totally wreck some shit" means your opinion isn't worth considering.

The Disney Star Wars films have been so much better than what Lucas did with the prequels it's unbelievable. I really think that if it weren't for its politics TLJ would be near universally considered the best film of the series.

Politics was the least of TLJ's problems.

There is nothing J.J. can do to make this a coherent trilogy. I'm sure he can make a huge crowd pleaser that doesnt hold up under rewatches like usual but that's it.

shira

Mark Hamil is listed in 9's cast. . .
So there might be a force ghost reunion fight or some shit

gioGAF

Wow, so much wrong with this. There is nothing wrong with Luke wrecking shit, it would be fan service, you know, something that doesn't really exist in TLJ. I'm not saying that would fix things, but it is better than what we got, Luke does nothing, the end.

Your other point is also not very good. In fact, I feel exactly the opposite. The Disney Star Wars films have given me a new appreciation for the prequels, which were generally quite mediocre in my opinion. Now, while still being mediocre, I can at least appreciate some of the cringey stuff for its unintended comedy (Jar Jar, anything that came out of young Anakin's mouth, older Anakin's sweet moves on Padme and most of his lines in general, etc.). The prequels, while a mess especially when it pertains to dialogue and weird performances due to the overuse of CGI which led to actors doing many scenes by themselves, still felt like they had some measure of creativity and a coherent vision for the trilogy.

While I did enjoy TFA and Rogue One, TLJ was a complete disaster EVEN if you don't take into account the "politics". It is about a slow speed chase justified by ridiculous plot contrivances (we can't destroy the Rebels because, we can't get in front of them or surround them because, we can't damage them because even though 3 small fighters just blew up their CONTROL BRIDGE, the list goes on and on). Then you have the same stupid shit on the Rebel's side (we all have to sit here and run out of fuel because, we can't send all ships in different directions because, we will wait to run out of fuel and helplessly float backwards and die AND not employ the light speed trick until we only have ONE ship left because, we can't evacuate using small transports because EVEN THOUGH Finn and Rose go on a F'n ROUND-TRIP Vegas Vacation right in the middle of the whole thing UNDETECTED, we don't have a single competent Hacker in the entire Rebel fleet because, we will send a low level dock worker to help with the BIG mission because, I won't tell you the plan now even though in order to carry it out I would have to inform everyone on board because, blah blah blah).

TLJ is garbage, no matter how you look at it. Replacing so-called predictable plot points with nothing is not subversion or note-worthy, it is just stupid and boring. It focuses on dumb things and fails at delivering any sort of stakes. After Kylo kills Snoke, how could anyone feel any tension when the MAIN characters battle it out with NAMELESS RED DUDES, what are the chances one of our protagonists are going to be in any real danger here. That fight while visually entertaining, is completely worthless just like TLJ.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Hopefully they can find a way to make Rey an interesting character again.
Giving Finn a bigger role would also be appreciated.

I'm also still interested in seeing what happens to Kylo Renn as he's been the most interesting part of the trilogy so far.

Lanrutcon

I really think that if it weren't for its politics TLJ would be near universally considered the best film of the series.

The plot holes, the wasted potential, the terrible writing, the myriad of bad decisions, the crude decimation of the the old cast...all of these things remain, whether you punctuate them with the obvious political agenda or not. I'm sure without the politics the movie would have been better received, but near universally? You underestimate the state that movie left the bed in.

NahaNago

I think the best bet would be to set it a few years in the future where both kylo and rey have become force masters and then have them duke it out in an epic battle. Rose and Finn have kids and poe is now leading a large squad.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I really think that if it weren't for its politics TLJ would be near universally considered the best film of the series.

That's so wrong that I don't even know where to begin. Politics wasn't why TLJ was so hated by so many. It's because it was an incoherent and mostly pointless movie filled with scenes and characters that added absolutely nothing to the story whilst either undoing or wasting a lot of what was set up in the previous installment in efforts to try and be "subversive". And you think if it wasn't for admiral hairdo and some proletariat bashing it would be universally considered better than The Empire Strikes Back? Woof.

Last edited:

plushyp

Rian Johnson is a blight on Star Wars. I hope Disney comes to its senses and boots this incompetent and petty buffoon off the upcoming trilogy. I'm not a fan of the series but really feel for the SW lovers who came out with a "wtf is this garbage" feeling after watching The Last Jederp.

Solo was a LOT of things. "Good" wasn't one of them.
giphy.gif

pel1300

Retcon the hell out of The Last Gallon.

Fuck that movie. Fuck Rian Johnson and his selfish narcissism.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the way they did it, they just fucked it up. only way to fix things is to go back in time and write a three arc trilogy from the start. as it is, i don't care for the new characters. they don't have their own story, it's just a weak pseudo meta soft reboot of the OT. the old characters have been ruined, purposefully doled out to ensure ticket sales, through cynical positioning like marketing TFA with Luke's voice in the trailer and only having him show up at the end. the ST is 100% about marketing the brand.

i don't care for Kylo's redemption, dude was way worse than Vader and killed far more people by this point, i don't care for Poe, we still know nothing about him past "he's the best at being a rebel", we still know nothing about Rey past "she's the best at being a jedi", we still know nothing about Finn past "he's a coward who needs to prove himself despite continuously putting himself in harm's way to do the right thing". the movies themselves have nothing to offer except empty platitudes, while the "heroes" turn on one another and commit suicide. somehow when Leia's ship is blow up, she is sucked into space, but when Holdo lightspeeds into the dreadnaut, Finn, Rose, and Rey all survive, despite being on board, while all the bad guys around them conveniently die. they all escape off screen because the movie is actually shit at storytelling.

the movies have a weird fascist appreciation for the Heroic Sacrifice that wasn't there before. individual lives and stories are inconsequential, glory is achieved by sacrificing yourself for the right ideology. note how outside of Rey we don't know where any of the new characters are from. it doesn't matter. the rebels are just like the empire at this point (they even stop deserter's from trying to escape).

saddest thing is how little new they brought to the story. the worlds are all boring as fuck. there are only a handful of new characters. the OT was crawling with life, you wanted every single alien in the background as an action figure, now, it's so very, very dull. tbh SW was probably doomed no matter what plot they wrote, there is a tremendous lack of imagination all around.

Last edited:

Sapiens

With Jj you’re getting a rotj remake, which in itself is a new hope remake. Buckle up for disappointment.

Why people were excited for him, I’ll neber understand.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I enjoy both sequels individually as movies of their own, but not as part of a trilogy.

Lucasfilm not having a basic story outline for directors to follow was a huge mistake, and now we're stuck with a first movie without good ideas on its own except for whatever promises that were ultimately ignored/ scrapped, and a second movie that was this close to taking the franchise into a new, unpredictable direction with Reylo throne scene before reverting back to the most generic SW story scenario possible.

All the while, classic characters did not have the impact that fans hoped for, the conflict reset introducted by TFA continues to make no sense (people were hoping that Snoke's backstory would explain why the entire original trilogy was made pointless - but nope), it's too late to introduce Knights of Ren in any kind of satisfying way without rushing them out or using them as bait for the next trilogy, and we have a ruling empire vs underdog rebels story repeated, without the hooks nor the charm of the original one.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I've loved the first two movies, so it doesn't really need saving for me. Just needs to satisfactorily wrap up the Rey/Kylo arc for me to be happy. If the explain more of Snoke and where he came from, great. If not, that can be left for novels or comics and I'd also be fine with it.

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to entertainment though and seem to love most things the internet hates (TLJ, The Walking Dead etc.) so don't mind me I guess.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Time Travel. Thats how you fix it. the next film will have Rey and crew flying at light speed around a star, saving some whales AND resetting the timeline, all to setup Episode X: A New New Hope.

n5Wg8Y.gif

Last edited:
I said no yesterday. I stand by that. But I felt I should explain the issues. Here goes.

The Last Jedi (TLJ) is bad. Very bad. Even if you personally like it, its still incredibly bad. Because not only is The Last Jedi bad, but it made The Force Awakens (TFA)worse. Thats bad folks.

We Star Wars fans are every invested. 100% truth fact. But we also get a bad reputation from the outside because they aren't following along with whats being said and only see the headlines. Truth is Star Wars fans take a lot to be pushed to insanity. We even got hate from Disney Star Wars saying we are basically sexist bigots namely because of Rey hate.

But if it was about Rey being a women, then why didn't we hate her after TFA? The writing flaws for her character were very much front and center in TFA. But we took those lemons and tried to make Lemonade. After TLJ we got "you are just man babies " from Disney. But after TFA we got "your Snoke theory sucks lol".

And that's because while we recognized the Rey issues, we thought we would get explanations in TLJ... we didn't. So for 2 years, we Star Wars fans waited for TLJ to answer these issues. Waiting 2 years doesn't seem like something raging man babies do idk.

TLJ comes out and in combination with TFA, goes on to break all the established rules of the Star Wars universe.

Maybe Rey is the Daughter or Grand Daughter of someone important in Star Wars was the response to why was Rey so OP. That was the big one. The rules were well established going back to The Empire Strikes Back (ESB) and TFA and TLJ said nah fuck em'.

Of course there were all kinds of theories. Maybe Snoke helped her. Maybe it was Luke. Maybe she is Star Wars Jesus like Anakin. Not because a women was doing so much, but because established rules of the Lore says you can't just do that.

All in all, it just didn't seem like much care was given in the writing of these films.

But we waited 2 years for the answers to these questions and we get
1) Rey ain't no one. Well ok but how do you explain the rule breaking of OP Rey?
2) The force is making her. The force is pushing her along cause balance.

Well the force was hella unbalanced at the start of The Phantom Menace (TPM) the start of the Skywalker Saga. There were hundreds of Jedi and 2 Sith. *checks lore* The force didn't do anything to speed along the Sith and teach them.

Rules people. Talking about the fucking rules of the Lore.

So TFA was a rehash of the Original Trilogy (OT) with some new stuff. And within that new stuff, just enough mystery to keep us hella invested and waiting for 2 years.

Then TLJ comes out. And takes a massive dirty shit on all the mystery from TFA.
1) Rey no one and it's the force making her OP (again rules broken)
2. Snoke no one... and he doesn't matter one bit
3. Kylo is a giant weak bitch (which why is the force making Rey so OP to match Kylo when Kylo isn't OP :goog_unsure:

So to end even though I could go on longer, Episode 9 can be 100% awesome, but it can't make TLJ anything other than a steaming pile of pooh. And so the entire Trilogy can not be good when at best 1/3 is total shit.

cryptoadam

Banned
Probably not but I think JJ will do his best to undo the crap RJ did. They have to essentially retcon all of TLJ, maybe say it was just a space dram after Leia used her force powers to fly and breath in space.

The big set up for the next movie is what will happen with Finn and Rose. Everything else was taken care of. Rey is no one, Kylo is supreme leader for some unknown reason. Snoke is dead and gone. Luke is dead and the reason why R2 had a map was because of nothing. Han is dead. Poe is a stupid idiot that should just listen to women.

So whats left in EP 9? Rey and Kylo will fight for the 3rd time big deal. Let me guess another planet sized killing machine that the FO without Snoke will somehow find the money to build? Or the good guys will beat the bad guys like it always happens in every movie. Who even cares, I don't even know who/what/why the FO is still around and has any money or power.

I expect EP 9 to go full on nostalgia to try and bring in whatever fans they may still have left. Everyone will make an appearance. Lando, Bobba, Darth Vader, Emporer, Hans Ghost, Leias Ghost, Lukes Ghost, balls on face guy, heck bring in Bea Arthur and Art Carny from the holiday special and the Ewoks too.

BANGS

Banned
The best they can do is either clean up the mess and have a coherent yet boring story, or just go all in for a transformers level bullshit blockbuster with lots of lazers and zero brain cells... those are the only two options I can think of but I have a feeling they'll do neither...

pramod

Banned
After Kylo kills Snoke, how could anyone feel any tension when the MAIN characters battle it out with NAMELESS RED DUDES, what are the chances one of our protagonists are going to be in any real danger here. That fight while visually entertaining, is completely worthless just like TLJ.

That's so true. How did the people who wrote and directed these scenes even graduate film school? Are they all hacks?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
recently i saw TFA again so i could watch the Rifftrax. funny enough, the entire crawl of the first movie is about the importance of Luke Skywalker. like, it is hammered at repeatedly how important he is. then the entire movie is based on finding him. it really is the only setup for the entire sequel trilogy.

then they had the gall to say "Oh you wanted Luke to save everyone? You fanboy", it's hilarious. wow they subverted expectations they themselves set up.

ditto for the Rey flashbacks. we sit through several flashbacks telling us how important her family is. not to the Star Wars SagaTM but to her. then the next film is "Lol you dumb fanboys".

tbh fuck this series

I have an honest question, and don’t spare my feelings:

Does liking TLJ make me a bad SW fan? Or does it make me a casual SW fan? Or
Both ?

I don’t even want to try to convince people it’s good. I completely understand the critiques and even agree with a number of them, I just can’t help but really enjoy the movie. Have watched it probably 7 times so far. I think it has a couple of the coolest individual scenes/moments in the series’ history.

Again, I don’t think any of you are wrong, I understand and partially agree with your assessments of it. Clearly is a flawed film in numerous ways.

I just almost feel weird sometimes that I like it so much when so many more dedicated SW fans can’t stand it.

My prediction is that JJ is gonna go super safe and super fan service trying to salvage as much as he can, and tone down the themes that TLJ went for. I could see a reverse course on Rey’s lineage and other tweaks here and there.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned

Both ?

I don’t even want to try to convince people it’s good. I completely understand the critiques and even agree with a number of them, I just can’t help but really enjoy the movie. Have watched it probably 7 times so far. I think it has a couple of the coolest individual scenes/moments in the series’ history.

Again, I don’t think any of you are wrong, I understand and partially agree with your assessments of it. Clearly is a flawed film in numerous ways.

I just almost feel weird sometimes that I like it so much when so many more dedicated SW fans can’t stand it.

My prediction is that JJ is gonna go super safe and super fan service trying to salvage as much as he can, and tone down the themes that TLJ went for. I could see a reverse course on Rey’s lineage and other tweaks here and there.
It makes you a fan, nothing more nothing less. I too enjoy the movie, but that's because I can just shut my brain off and enjoy the lasers and shit. Same way I enjoy the prequels...

royox

Both ?

I'm also an "original Star Wars" fan and I love TLJ. Yeah it has some flaws like everything involving Rose but the rest is a lot of new stuff never seen in the saga. When I go to the cinema I want to be surprised and I don't like predictable movies. TLJ was the opposing of predictable lol.

Interfectum

I don't think there is any saving the current trilogy. I started out messy with TFA but it had potential to improve over the next two movies. Then TLJ happened. I'm honestly just waiting to see how bad Episode IX is, I really don't care about the series anymore.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

That’s basically what they did with rogue one but with Vader and movie watchers loved it

Gander

Banned
I can't even go by the The Last Jedi on Netflix without frowning. I've never disliked a movie so much.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Both ?

Don't get caught up in an identity crisis. If you like SW stuff, you're a fan. The gatekeeping that fandom can often encourage is obnoxious.

As to the bolded - is that the only thing you liked about TLJ? Cool scenes. I agree, it has cool scenes, but a movie needs more than that for me to think that it's good. Plot, characters, arcs, storytelling, structure, etc all need to be pretty solid.

I think Phantom Menace has one of the coolest light saber battles, and a couple of other cool scenes, but that's not enough for me to think it's a good movie. I salute Lucas for his effort though.

gatti-man

I said no yesterday. I stand by that. But I felt I should explain the issues. Here goes.

The Last Jedi (TLJ) is bad. Very bad. Even if you personally like it, its still incredibly bad. Because not only is The Last Jedi bad, but it made The Force Awakens (TFA)worse. Thats bad folks.

We Star Wars fans are every invested. 100% truth fact. But we also get a bad reputation from the outside because they aren't following along with whats being said and only see the headlines. Truth is Star Wars fans take a lot to be pushed to insanity. We even got hate from Disney Star Wars saying we are basically sexist bigots namely because of Rey hate.

But if it was about Rey being a women, then why didn't we hate her after TFA? The writing flaws for her character were very much front and center in TFA. But we took those lemons and tried to make Lemonade. After TLJ we got "you are just man babies " from Disney. But after TFA we got "your Snoke theory sucks lol".

And that's because while we recognized the Rey issues, we thought we would get explanations in TLJ... we didn't. So for 2 years, we Star Wars fans waited for TLJ to answer these issues. Waiting 2 years doesn't seem like something raging man babies do idk.

TLJ comes out and in combination with TFA, goes on to break all the established rules of the Star Wars universe.

Maybe Rey is the Daughter or Grand Daughter of someone important in Star Wars was the response to why was Rey so OP. That was the big one. The rules were well established going back to The Empire Strikes Back (ESB) and TFA and TLJ said nah fuck em'.

Of course there were all kinds of theories. Maybe Snoke helped her. Maybe it was Luke. Maybe she is Star Wars Jesus like Anakin. Not because a women was doing so much, but because established rules of the Lore says you can't just do that.

All in all, it just didn't seem like much care was given in the writing of these films.

But we waited 2 years for the answers to these questions and we get
1) Rey ain't no one. Well ok but how do you explain the rule breaking of OP Rey?
2) The force is making her. The force is pushing her along cause balance.

Well the force was hella unbalanced at the start of The Phantom Menace (TPM) the start of the Skywalker Saga. There were hundreds of Jedi and 2 Sith. *checks lore* The force didn't do anything to speed along the Sith and teach them.

Rules people. Talking about the fucking rules of the Lore.

So TFA was a rehash of the Original Trilogy (OT) with some new stuff. And within that new stuff, just enough mystery to keep us hella invested and waiting for 2 years.

Then TLJ comes out. And takes a massive dirty shit on all the mystery from TFA.
1) Rey no one and it's the force making her OP (again rules broken)
2. Snoke no one... and he doesn't matter one bit
3. Kylo is a giant weak bitch (which why is the force making Rey so OP to match Kylo when Kylo isn't OP :goog_unsure:

So to end even though I could go on longer, Episode 9 can be 100% awesome, but it can't make TLJ anything other than a steaming pile of pooh. And so the entire Trilogy can not be good when at best 1/3 is total shit.
If you think solo is good and TLJ is bad I think your taste in movies is highly debatable. Solo has a far lower aggregate score than TLJ. It’s a story no one even cared to know and this is coming from a huge Star Wars fan.

Also anyone that says the last Jedi is political is just ignore worthy. It is not.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Yes. There is hope.

The biggest problem I had with 8 is that when I left the theater, I had no desire to see another Star Wars movie. I skipped Solo not because of what other people thought, it was because I was not yet ready to dive back in to that world. I love Star Wars movies, all three prequels so not wanting to see another film feels so dishonest to myself.

Time will heel this. It will be over a year since VIII before the hype for 9 begins and once we get a title (A New Order) and a teaser, we may start to believe again.

However, if we though logic to the wind. The very first thing I would do if I were Disney would be to bring in George Lucas as a consultant. I liked VII, LOVED RO, hated VIII and I have yet to finish SOLO but all these movies feel like they are missing a touch of magic that GL imparted in all his films.

Second I would greenlight another Star Wars movie in this current canon and time
. Either Episode X or another Star Wars Story. We can't erase VIII but we can flesh out some more of the story that just dangles there.

If you think solo is good and TLJ is bad I think your taste in movies is highly debatable. Solo has a far lower aggregate score than TLJ. It’s a story no one even cared to know and this is coming from a huge Star Wars fan.

Also anyone that says the last Jedi is political is just ignore worthy. It is not.
Solo wasn’t a movie anyone wanted. But as a movie it was fun, had good actors, had cool moments. Got to love Danny Glover as Lando. It was definitely a cash grab. But fun.

I never said anything about TLJ being political did I?

TLJ wasn’t fun. Nothing happened at all other than shitting on Lore and expectations.

Absolutely they can unfuck star wars.
First, get back to the spirit of star wars, which TFA at least had, albeit a pale caricature depending on what side you fall on.
TLJ went so purposefully off the rails and was a disaster barely recognizable as star wars.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus

I think if Solo was coming out this Christmas instead of 5 months after The Last Jedi it would have been better received. It was a text book example of "too soon"

Don't get caught up in an identity crisis. If you like SW stuff, you're a fan. The gatekeeping that fandom can often encourage is obnoxious.

As to the bolded - is that the only thing you liked about TLJ? Cool scenes. I agree, it has cool scenes, but a movie needs more than that for me to think that it's good. Plot, characters, arcs, storytelling, structure, etc all need to be pretty solid.

I think Phantom Menace has one of the coolest light saber battles, and a couple of other cool scenes, but that's not enough for me to think it's a good movie. I salute Lucas for his effort though.

Yeah, I’m with you on Phantom Menace.

What I like about TLJ:

A couple profoundly cool scenes (Rey in the pit, Holdo lightspeed, throne room team up fight)
BB-8
The handling of what happened with Luke and Young Kylo
Luke and Kylo’s confrontation (I’m not saying this is what it should have been, but I enjoy it for what it is)
Luke and Leia’s goodbye. I guess this is just another scene.

So when I look at this list it’s a handful of really well done scenes imo and a lot of filler I’m between, which was disappointing (the filler, Canto Bight especially).

As far as the real issues, regarding decision making with the writing, I mean yeah, some odd choices. I can’t sit here and criticize too much because I’ve never written anything significant in my life so I don’t know the first thing about putting together a script like this. I definitely understand the disappointment in what they did with a number of characters.

cryptoadam

Banned
recently i saw TFA again so i could watch the Rifftrax. funny enough, the entire crawl of the first movie is about the importance of Luke Skywalker. like, it is hammered at repeatedly how important he is. then the entire movie is based on finding him. it really is the only setup for the entire sequel trilogy.

then they had the gall to say "Oh you wanted Luke to save everyone? You fanboy", it's hilarious. wow they subverted expectations they themselves set up.

ditto for the Rey flashbacks. we sit through several flashbacks telling us how important her family is. not to the Star Wars SagaTM but to her. then the next film is "Lol you dumb fanboys".

tbh fuck this series

RJ and KK must hate JJ or something because they decided to take a giant shit on what he was trying to set up in TFA. Its like they said Fuck JJ and his myster boxes were going to just drop everything to show him and those Star Wars fans, no here are some MOAR women in your movie.

You forget to mention Snoke. Remember in TFA he was some giant hologram for some reason. Was he really tiny or super big? Was his face all scared and messed up? Where is he from, is he some former Star Wars character? Then we learn nothing about Snoke and he is killed off after what 10 minutes total of screen time if that in TLJ.

The Luke thing has to be the biggest fuck you though. Like the entire point almost of TFA was to get the map from BB-8 and find Luke. Why did anyone care about the stupid map BB-8 had? Kylo even destroyed a whole village for that stupid map. If Luke was just going to be a pussy bitch well then the First Order could of dumped BB-8 in the trash and just moved on. Was it ever said why the First Order wanted a map to find Luke? Did they want to kill him or force him to train other Jedi?

Clearly JJ wanted Luke to do something really important, but RJ decided it would be better to tell fanboys to fuck off and subvert our expectations by having Luke be a total pussy jackass.

Top Bottom