• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there supposed to be a Borderlands 4 or was 3 a one and done return?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Even though the Borderlands games don’t evolve much, I have to admit, something about them scratches an itch that not many other games can scratch. What Borderlands does well, it does really well, and it’s always fun to play regardless of the flaws.

September-October is the time of the year Borderlands comes out and I guess around this time of year I always find myself in the mood for new Borderlands.

I hope we get another in 2022 or 23.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’d be in day one for borderlands 4 but I’m not really feeling the tiny Tina spin-off based on what has been shown so far.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Never say never. We got FFVIIR, KH3, FFXV (for better or worse), Metroid Prime 4 and Dead Space are coming. Gaming is a magical land.

Trimesh

Banned
I have to admit that Borderlands 3 didn't do much for me - I found myself repeatedly comparing it negatively to Borderlands 2. I found the same level (or lack) of enthusiasm in my friends when trying to set up a multiplayer game, too.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
As people have mentioned, Tiny Tina's Wonderland is basically a Borderlands 4 - fully standalone. It takes place after the events of her Borderlands 2 DLC, so she's "Tiny" Tina again for this, and not the adult version we briefly saw in BL3.

It also has Andy Samberg, Will Arnett, and Wanda Sykes in it - if you care about that kind of thing.

b0uncyfr0

I think they've milked it enough at this point. 3 did nothing particularly good, esp compared to 2 and the spin-offs.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Borderlands 2 is one of the best games out there, especially thanks to its stupid humor and the villain, Jack. Borderlands 3 is fun, no doubt, nice atmosphere, incredible music by Jepser Kyd, Michael Mcann, etc. but the humor and writing was absolute dog shit, especially the villains. FEMALE POWER WHOOHOO WE YELL A LOT SO ITS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Tiny Tina was cringe af. I have no hope for that spin off shit but if the gameplay is fun and has coop, I'm in. We dont get that many these days.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Borderlands 2 is one of the best games out there, especially thanks to its stupid humor and the villain, Jack. Borderlands 3 is fun, no doubt, nice atmosphere, incredible music by Jepser Kyd, Michael Mcann, etc. but the humor and writing was absolute dog shit, especially the villains. FEMALE POWER WHOOHOO WE YELL A LOT SO ITS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Tiny Tina was cringe af. I have no hope for that spin off shit but if the gameplay is fun and has coop, I'm in. We dont get that many these days.

Not only were the villains visually uninspiring and generally boring overall, they didn't earn any of their victories. Just "we can suck the powers and life out of anyone weee", just so lazy. To think they sacrificed an interesting original character on those lame-ass bad guys.

As for Tina, it felt like the writers phoned her part in, possibly afraid to use the new grownup version too much knowing that Tiny Tina was getting her own standalone game. Just have her build another bomb, say some of her catch phrases, and then leave her behind quickly.

Shut0wen

People still play games made by Randy Pitchford? He's trash and always will be. So glad I stopped playing his crap.
Cant stand the bloke, crazy to think i used to think he was decent and just turned into a lying prick once colonial marines came out

TrebleShot

I have never played or gone near any Borderlands game, it looks like a Saturday morning cartoon level humour and action.

Gameplay looks like an offline MMO, but I have no idea, maybe id love them, are they similar to Fallout??

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Please don’t i can’t imagine how much worse they will make it.

3 did enough damage

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I have never played or gone near any Borderlands game, it looks like a Saturday morning cartoon level humour and action.

Gameplay looks like an offline MMO, but I have no idea, maybe id love them, are they similar to Fallout??

First person diablo. Thats it. Nothing mmo about it. No bs mtx none of that. Its a story-humor/gameplay focused game. 1 to 4 players max. You're missing out, especially if you have friends to play. The humor is mostly great in Borderlands 2 thanks to Jack. 1, 3 and pre-sequel are cringe.

Jack is an amazing villain and I'd recommend the 2nd game for him alone tbh.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
First person diablo. Thats it. Nothing mmo about it. No bs mtx none of that. Its a story-humor/gameplay focused game. 1 to 4 players max. You're missing out, especially if you have friends to play.

Playing the Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC with a few friends, after having completed the story and other DLC so we were prepared, is quite possibly my fondest gaming memory from last gen. It's up there with playing through Witcher 3 and inFAMOUS: Second Son.

SALMORE

the 3rd one was a step down in my opinion ( narrative and gameplay wise ) so i am fine if they the series took a break or a hiatus , i don't want another Just cause 4 / 3 situation

Skifi28

People still play games made by Randy Pitchford? He's trash and always will be. So glad I stopped playing his crap.
Sorry to say, but the probabilty of your favourite game being made by a scumbag is pretty high when it involves dozens if not hundreds of people. You should probably stop gaming, wearing clothes etc.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Borderlands was a solid FPS it’s bad compared to Half Life and Bioshock though.

Top Bottom