• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OokieSpookie said:
The worst part is that McMahon is such a flaw that he will not drop the storyline.
They will treat this as a "time out" Raw that happens outside of the story type thing where it doesn't count

I gurantee you that angle is over. Vince is not that much of a bastard. He is a bastard, but not that much of one. Though Vince's angle was not only for WWE, it was for USA Network as a whole to introduce Steve-O's new show. They are going to have to do some massive re-writing, but no way that angle continues.

For the Canucks, Vince stood in an empty arena in the middle of the ring and explained what happened to Chris and said that this was supposed to be a night of his fake memorial, but tonight they will pay tribute to Chris instead. Then they played a tribute video. Vince extended his sympthies to Chris' family a few times in his speech. Vince looked very, very sad.

BTW, none of you people better not turn this thread into a platform as to why WWE sucks. This is about Benoit, not a referendum on WWE.

Tamanon

Banned
Onix said:
Didn't realize it was 8.

Glad Vince showed up ... what did he say?!?

Basically explained why the entire arena was empty and that instead of a storyline about his supposed death that tonight would be about Chris Benoit, one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live. It was pretty emotional for Vince.

Damn. I flipped over late. What did he say?

I cant fully remember but something like:

Tonight was supposed to a show with a storyline in memory of the demise of my charcter Mr McMahon but in real life chris benot was found dead with his wife and son... tonight we will pay our respects to him

dskillzhtown said:
For the Canucks, Vince stood in an empty arena in the middle of the ring and explained what happened to Chris and said that this was supposed to be a night of his fake memorial, but tonight they will pay tribute to Chris instead. Then they played a tribute video. Vince extended his sympthies to Chris' family a few times in his speech. Vince looked very, very sad.

Damn. hopefully it's youtubed soon.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
vas_a_morir said:
I'm waiting for a reputable news source to take it.

Local news sources wouldn't run with the story if it was fake. It's real dude.

OmniGamer

Good Lord...all of the people I was into growing up and up until I stopped watching in the late 90s seem to be dropping like flies. :-(

Speevy

Banned
My God.

:(

There are so many drug-related heart attacks associated with pro wrestling, but what happened here?

He was my favorite wrestler ever.

Grecco

Chris was always one of my favorites. Arguably one of the best in ring talents ever. I actually got to meet him in a autograph signing when WWE came to PR for the first NYR and i got the pleasure of seing him live in action. In a House show, and at New Years Revolution. He will be trully missed. What a sad day.

Tamanon said:
Basically explained why the entire arena was empty and that instead of a storyline about his supposed death that tonight would be about Chris Benoit, one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live. It was pretty emotional for Vince.

I probably have not paid full attention to wrestling in a while. I did a lot when I lived at home and my bro and I would go practice wrestling moves on the trampoline... watching whatever was on that night if it was airing.

I never cheered for Benoit, cause he was always the heel for me. No matter his story line, he had a mug that I always visioned as taking down a carriage full of babies with a tommy gun. I never really meant it though... it was just fun to take favorites or anti-favorites.

Out of it all, I always recognized that he was one hell of a wrestler... regardless of my thoughts. While it won't affect my day to day living, it does make me sad to know that his talent is gone and I'll have one less guy to cheer against when my bro and I get together to watch wrestling again.

And thanks to Vince for what he did tonight.

JdFoX187

Banned
Speevy said:
My God.

:(

There are so many drug-related heart attacks associated with pro wrestling, but what happened here?

He was my favorite wrestler ever.
It wasn't drug related. Something happened. I'm thinking it was either a triple murder or murder/suicide. I'm not going to make any assumptions based on the little knowledge we have. But with his son and wife dead, I find it nearly impossible that his death was simply from a drug overdose.

Speevy

Banned
It wasn't drug related. Something happened. I'm thinking it was either a triple murder or murder/suicide. I'm not going to make any assumptions based on the little knowledge we have. But with his son and wife dead, I find it nearly impossible that his death was simply from a drug overdose.

From the info available, it sounds like Benoit returned home after hearing about an intruder or unwelcome guest, then was killed himself.

LakeEarth

The family was puking blood. Would that happen with some sort of gas leak? I can't imagine food poisoning cause that wouldn't explain Benoit's death. Makes me think something in the house's air.

Watching this makes me remember some of the awesome angle benoit (and angle guerrero) matches. Now to think they are all gone from the wwe.

JdFoX187

Banned
Speevy said:
From the info available, it sounds like Benoit returned home after hearing about an intruder or unwelcome guest, then was killed himself.
That wikipedia article posted above said he wasn't shot to death. But then again, Wikipedia is still unreliable. I can't think of a reason things are so quiet on it. Usually, the officials will release the details of the death unless it's some kind of suicide.

cvxfreak

Oh man, this is terrible, for everyone involved. :(

He wasn't a favorite of mine, but I could understand and respect why he was loved so much.

RIP.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
WHAT THE ****!!!

I only saw this thread because it showed up as the latest thread on the main board where all boards are linked...

Oh my God... I was just about to head to bed right now... I haven't watched wrestling in months since it's hard enough as is to watch it in Europe, and I haven't had the time to catch up, and to now hear about this? AND his family? I seriously feel like crap right now...

I felt like crap for ages about Eddie, and now Benoit? **** man...

I got an exam tomorrow, but damnit, I have to see this show when I get up...

R.I.P. Benoit and family - what the hell could've caused this all?

JavyOO7

I stopped watching wrestling years ago.

But I watched Chris wrestle in WCW. It was a pleasure to see him perform night in and night out. I'm shocked.

RIP.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday night, but was a no-show due to a "family emergency," the WWE said during the broadcast.

That sucks.

vas_a_morir said:
I'm waiting for a reputable news source to take it.

Allow me to explain this post. I posted that at 8:04. When I went to reply to the thread, the last comment on screen (I didn't refresh, apparently) was about the French pronunciation of Benoit. I don't watch wrestling, and I am following the story out of morbid curiosity/boredom, solely on GAF. So, when I posted, it was a minute or two after Vince McMahon appeared on TV. I didn't care to edit it, because I didn't think there would be so many people quoting me saying "Are you stupid/retarded?" However, if I was stupid/retarded, I would have surely been watching wrestling at the time, and would not have posted that. So, I hope that explains it.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
JdFoX187 said:
That wikipedia article posted above said he wasn't shot to death. But then again, Wikipedia is still unreliable. I can't think of a reason things are so quiet on it. Usually, the officials will release the details of the death unless it's some kind of suicide.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, none of the bodies had gun shot wounds.

Very doubtful it was any type of murder/suicide.

This is exactly why you don't do a ****ing tasteless death storyline WWE. This is why.

Now while most wreslting fans can tell what is storyline and what isn't - looking at the first people who who came in who don't watch wrestling bashing this as fake can't tell the difference. WWE's storylines and bad taste have degenerated down to the point where the average Joe thinks a real death is a joke.

I'm going to miss Benoit on the screen, and I'm sad this happened. He was a true professional, and will be missed. It sounds like some kind of fast spreading illness or environmental thing caused it to happen ... why wasn't 911 called?

RIP Benoit - always be remembered.

Everything is really classy. Nice show so far. Even Bradshaw who is normally annoying comes across well with the stuff he said.

Is it wrong that I still find Cena annoying?

He said all the right things at least.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hollywood_mIRC said:
This is exactly why you don't do a ****ing tasteless death storyline WWE. This is why.

Now while most wreslting fans can tell what is storyline and what isn't - looking at the first people who who came in who don't watch wrestling bashing this as fake can't tell the difference. WWE's storylines and bad taste have degenerated down to the point where the average Joe thinks a real death is a joke.

I'm going to miss Benoit on the screen, and I'm sad this happened. He was a true professional, and will be missed. It sounds like some kind of fast spreading illness or environmental thing caused it to happen ... why wasn't 911 called?

RIP Benoit - always be remembered.

Let's not turn this into a 'let's bash the Vince angle' thread. Not the time or the place.

I'm just responding to the early replies in the thread. People coming in who don't even watch wrestling laughing this off - its partly WWE's fault, but anyone with common sense knows the difference.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hope all his matches show up on Youtube or something soon. I want to buy his DVD, but there are so few matches and his career is so storied...

I remember the great Rock/Benoit and Angle/Benoit storylines. :(

GCQuinton

Damn, this match is giving me flashbacks of Eddie's last match against Kennedy. Both of their last matches were against (at the time at least for Kennedy) legit up and comers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom