• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

"I am in Corpus Christi Texas where RAW was supposed to air and its been cancelled.

Everyone is leaving the American Bank Center right now."

That'd certainly be something, if true.

v1c

I've been a benoit fan since his pin falls count anywhere match with kevin sullivan back in WcW. Then him joining the four horsemen...winning the wwe title...etc. Vince better come out before the show starts to get all the boos out of the way. Explain it to the crowd ahead of time THEN come on the air and explain the situation to the viewers. Say you faked your own death and due to benoits passing you feel horrible and dedicate the whole show to his memory.

In the dream wrestling world maybe Hart vs Angle to close the show......I would settle for...I dont even know...maybe Flair vs. someone

Fatalah

I've got it! Maybe since Vince's "memorial" tonight will have to be shared, Vince McMahon will pop out and be all pissed about it. At which point, all the wrestlers admit to faking Benoit's death to piss him off.

I'm really trying to not believe this :(

This is what Bob Ryder is reporting:

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & family
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating

Sounds really bad.

I haven't been this shocked to hear of a death of one of my favorite stars since Stevie Ray Vaughn's helicopter went down.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
v1c said:
I've been a benoit fan since his pin falls count anywhere match with kevin sullivan back in WcW. Then him joining the four horsemen...winning the wwe title...etc. Vince better come out before the show starts to get all the boos out of the way. Explain it to the crowd ahead of time THEN come on the air and explain the situation to the viewers. Say you faked your own death and due to benoits passing you feel horrible and dedicate the whole show to his memory.

In the dream wrestling world maybe Hart vs Angle to close the show......I would settle for...I dont even know...maybe Flair vs. someone

Apparantly Raw is canceled

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
GaimeGuy said:
Eddie_Benoit-Champions.jpg

RIP

Some tell me what Wrestlemania that was?
I need to go & buy the DVD

It would be nice if Malenko had a match tonight to close the show, but the odds of that happening are astronomical. I'm still pretty shocked. I was just watching Hart vs Benoit last night thinking how awesome its going to be to have Benoit be a champ again on ECW. :(

wwe.com said:
Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Still up on the "Benoit Found Dead" page, I highly doubt they will cancel Raw.

edit: guess it is cancelled, sorta.

Ronabo

bjork said:
"I am in Corpus Christi Texas where RAW was supposed to air and its been cancelled.

Everyone is leaving the American Bank Center right now."

That'd certainly be something, if true.

I just called an got confirmation it was cancelled.

:(

this is real folks.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
When I first found out about Eddie (from this board), shit hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm just in shock right now.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Ronabo said:
I just called an got confirmation it was cancelled.

:(

this is real folks.

Yeah, I'm guessing it will be a clip show, probably with some testimonials if any of the guys are even up for that kind of thing yet =/

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
jobber said:
When I first found out about Eddie (from this board), shit hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm just in shock right now.
Oh, I forgot that Eddie died too :(

newsguy

So he went home cause his wife and child were "vomiting blood." He was fine, so if they died did he kill himself? Details in this story are going to be sad.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
newsguy said:
So he went home cause his wife and child were "vomiting blood." He was fine, so if they died did he kill himself? Details in this story are going to be sad.

Has to be some kind of murder, murder/suicide or carbon monoxide

pilonv1

I haven't read this thread but anyone making fun of it should be permabanned instantly.

RIP Benoit family, and best wishes to anyone who's been touched by their lives.

Striker

OokieSpookie said:
Two deaths since this bullshit McMahon crap story.
Sherri was sad but this is just ****ed up and they BETTER do more than just a stupid picture somewhere in the second hour.
This is really sad.
Actually, I hope they ignore the whole Vince McMahon BS tonight and focus on Benoit.

Very, very saddening to hear... :( :(

Triumph

Banned
ManaByte said:
Since this IS real. The Vince storyline had better be over and he better show his face.
It looks like they're taking the insane step of CANCELING the live show and will just show Benoit clips for 3 hours tonight. I understand that this happened suddenly, but I think there has to be a public tribute by the company to this man, and I would hope that the stupid McMahon story line would be dropped.

Prine

Banned
oh no :(

What, so Vince used his death as an angle before this? Is this how bad wrestling has become? Faking deaths.

Back to Benoit...

Bye byet.. ****ing tragic loss to wrestling

Triumph Dolomite 1300cc said:
It looks like they're taking the insane step of CANCELING the live show and will just show Benoit clips for 3 hours tonight. I understand that this happened suddenly, but I think there has to be a public tribute by the company to this man, and I would hope that the stupid McMahon story line would be dropped.

There will be
I don't think anyone in the company would be able to go in front of a camera so soon after :(

Lost Fragment said:
Ah. Sorry. I missed that somehow in between F5ing.

No problem. I just noticed for the first time that I didn't put a link under the story; something I'd never do if I was able to think totally clearly.

I'm getting drunk tonight.

bjork

Triumph Dolomite 1300cc said:
I understand that this happened suddenly, but I think there has to be a public tribute by the company to this man, and I would hope that the stupid McMahon story line would be dropped.

I'd expect at least a 10-bell salute on SD if the taping really is cancelled tonight, but if past history has shown anything, Vince won't drop the storyline. I can only recall them scrapping Hassan due to insane pressure from UPN, but other than that, are there any other cases? Vince will forego good taste to ensure ratings and/or profits if he thinks that's what it'll take.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
newsguy said:

That is what I was thinking when I read that. But I know it is natural to come up with a cause, but it is too early until we get the details. I mean, if they were sick, they should have gone to a hospital, not wait for him to come home from Texas.

laserbeam

Banned
Tragic thing to happen :(

Sounds like some really suspicious events surrounding it. Entire family throwing up blood screams foul play by someone.

Talk about messed up timing. Isn't tonight when they are suppose to do the whole fake death memorial for the Vince Mcmahon subplot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom