• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
AP is on it.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/sports/17417593.htm

Wrestler Chris Benoit, wife and child found dead
Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain Monday at their Fayette County home, authorities said.

Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house near White Water Country Club.

Pope said the deaths were being investigated as homicides, but said the cause of death awaits autopsy results on Tuesday.

He would not say how the bodies were discovered, or who found them.

The World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Website that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and son, who was named Daniel, were found dead but also had no other details.

USD

I check OT every once in a while like I usually do to find out that Christ Benoit and his family dead. Damn. He was an awesome wrestler.

RIP

fallout

Hollywood_mIRC said:
This is exactly why you don't do a ****ing tasteless death storyline WWE. This is why.

Now while most wreslting fans can tell what is storyline and what isn't - looking at the first people who who came in who don't watch wrestling bashing this as fake can't tell the difference. WWE's storylines and bad taste have degenerated down to the point where the average Joe thinks a real death is a joke.
It still would have been scrutinized. Someone even thought that maybe the site had been hacked.

I really wish I wasn't at work right now. I want to watch this. :(

Snaku

Banned
Anybody have a link to a video of Edge & Christian singing Benoit's theme on kazoos? I think that'd make me feel a little better, and put a smile on my face. Raw is really depressing me right now.

Snaku said:
Anybody have a link to a video of Edge & Christian singing Benoit's theme on kazoos? I think that'd make me feel a little better, and put a smile on my face. Raw is really depressing me right now.

I was looking for that earlier, the lyrics always used to pop into my head when Chris' music played :(

Kreed

Horrible news. Even his wife and child died? :( I haven't watched Wrestling in a couple of years but Chris Benoit was always one of my favorites along with Eddie. I really wish this was just part of some story line.

R.I.P.

Oh God, thats, horrible, oh my God. :(

He was one of my most favorite wrestlers since I was a youngster, I'm seriously really shattered I can't believe it. :(

;( ;( What the hell happened, how does a whole family die? If it was foul play I hope they get the f**kers. :(

I dunno what else to think, we'll miss you..... in an age of guys who got by just on out of the ring talent you shined as one of the few who could do your talking in the ring.

Raw is on Fridays here, I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle watching it, I will though.

You winning the title you so deserved for years and years at WM20 is one of my most favorite moments ever, you were a true legend.

RIP Benoit. :'(

Benoit-Eddie_Champions.jpg

Shouta

Man, this is terrible. I was always a big Benoit fan growing up. I haven't watched wrestling in years but I will tonight for him.

Raistlin

woah ... they just re-showed the McMahon speech.

I've never seen him serious like that before. He directly referred to his own faked death as 'his character's' ... and directly called Chris's peers 'performers'.

He was about to cry at the end.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Darko said:
havent watched wrestling in years but he was always one of my favorites, i hope tog god this isnt part of some ****ing storyline

I do, because then it means he's not ****ING DEAD.

mollipen

Onix said:
I've never seen him serious like that before. He directly referred to his own faked death as 'his character's' ... and directly called Chris's peers 'performers'.

He was about to cry at the end.

Yeah, something about what Vince said... man. Really hard to watch.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Whoa, 3 of the 4 people involved in this match are no longer with us. Benoit, Woman, Miss Elizabeth. :(

Barrage

Vince did the right thing tonight. No question.

Man, Eddie's death shocked me, I feel a hole in my gut. I feel terrible. This is so tragic. His son, his wife...god man, I don't know if I can handle watching this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
alr1ghtstart said:
Whoa, 3 of the 4 people involved in this match are no longer with us. Benoit, Woman, Miss Elizabeth. :(

Yea, I noted this and it added to the depression I am feeling now.

Zen

Banned
I'm in Canada and couldn't find Raw in the listings anywhere... Calgary Alberta to be percise.

Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers back when I use to watch it...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Grecco said:
Theres no year limit for the WWE hall of fame right? They could induct Chris next year?
I think it's fairly safe to say he WILL be inducted next year, likely as the first inductee announced for it.

Striker

Grecco said:
Theres no year limit for the WWE hall of fame right? They could induct Chris next year?
No limits. Remember King and JR are already in it.

Eddie was put in immediately as well.

Benoit is a damn shoe-in. RIP

Raistlin

shidoshi said:
Yeah, something about what Vince said... man. Really hard to watch.

You can tell he must have really been friends with him.

I've never heard Vince really waiver on the entire 'real sport' versus entertainment thing before. He really put it into perspective in just a few sentences.

This is quite hard to watch :(

bjork

Big credit to Vince for actually breaking character and doing the right thing. That was cool of him to do, instead of trotting someone else out so he could remain off-camera for sake of a storyline.

unomas

Banned
Vince did the right thing in his speech and I'm sure all the fans appreciate the sincerity. I'm glad were getting a Benoit Malenko match, it makes you appreciate his wrestling ability and memory that much more. I'm sure they have a few other great matches lined up.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I've never even heard of the guy before, but damn, that's gotta be one of the more tragic celebrity deaths I've ever read about. To just find a whole family dead like that in their house......that's bizarre.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
They shouldn't have a three-hour tribute to him until there's zero doubt that he killed his family.

You got that backwards...you shouldn't say something like this about the deceased unless there's zero doubt that he did, moran.

I haven't watched Raw in about 2 years but I'd give anything to be able to now. I wish I still had Sky Sports. There's no easy way of seeing a stream is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom