• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Tokyo Crash Mobs the most morally fucked up game Nintendo has ever published?

In Tokyo Crash Mobs, half the game involves this Asian girl named Grace KILLING pedestrians (or "scenesters") just so she can be first in line to whatever exclusive event thing she's attending. We all know Nintendo is no stranger to social commentaries on the dangers of consumerism, but this is fucking pandemonium guys!

ouc6uJb.jpg

Granted, Savannah's part of the game actually has her trying to stop the scenesters from pressing a button which would eject her into outer space (Apparently it's a personal problem.), but...some might say she's enjoying her methods of self-defense a little too much. Especially with all the bowling balls, bombs, and UFO abductions.

zsh9wXo.jpg

EMholmF.jpg

(Does any other Nintendo-published game reach Tokyo Crash Mobs levels of drastic uncouthness?!)

Discuss.

Eusis

Well, Mario's all about jumping on and throwing turtles, while Donkey Kong has you throw a gorilla down multiple stories. Pokemon's about stuffing wild animals into tiny balls just so you can order them to beat up other animals, whether wild or raised by other people.

This uses images of real people though, so I guess that's something.

epmode

It's not really the same thing but I really loved how Nintendo attacked the craziest Zelda fans with Tingle. Seemed really out of character for them.

cj_iwakura

The only thing I can think of is Eternal Darkness, which I doubt compares.

Killer7's a Gamecube exclusive
unless you live in a dream world where some idiot made a PS2 version
, and
you see a child's head thrown into her father's lap before his head gets blown off.

Richie

You see how Samus' character is handled on Metroid: Other M, plus the way Adam is supposed to be sympathetic by being a huge asshole, and it's hard to think the story was conceived and approved for release at fricking Nintendo.

Killing people? Man, you are just seeing it wrong.

She's just helping people discover people dressed in the same color by grouping them together. They are so thrill by this, they jump out of line!

It's a game of helping people find friendship by color.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game is awesome, they finally managed to stop Zuma boring me to death. :D

FUN FACT: The devs behind this game (Mitchell) are the ones who originally designed Puzzloop/Magnetica, a.k.a the game that "inspired" Popcap's Zuma.

NOT-SO-FUN FACT: Tokyo Crash Mobs was (allegedly) Mitchell's last game; they've since closed shop, according to someone who claims to be close to the company. I guess Popcap finally choked 'em to death.

FUN FACT: The devs behind this game (Mitchell) are the ones who originally designed Puzzloop/Magnetica, a.k.a the game that "inspired" Popcap's Zuma.

NOT-SO-FUN FACT: Tokyo Crash Mobs was (allegedly) Mitchell's last game; they've since closed shop, according to someone who claims to be close to the company. I guess Popcap finally choked 'em to death.

Yeah, I know they were the brains behind the whole game concept, and I know they're shut now. It's a sad story. :(

Despera

Banned
Don't know why, but I read the OP like it was a viral marketing piece.

Let me guess, you really liked the game a lot, didn't you? :p

Platy

No reference to Punch Out's offensive stereotypes ? =P

Blast Corps ?
City destruction and nuclear holocaust !

Geist ?
polthergeist, ghosts and flying objects !

Captain Rainbow ?
Crazy pasts, dildos and dark secrets !

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin ?
Destruction, death and war !

Neiteio

Zelda blatantly positions two blonde Aryans against a diabolical Jew/Irish hybrid, in pursuit of the power called the Third Reich a.k.a. Triforce.

Yeah, I know they were the brains behind the whole game concept, and I know they're shut now. It's a sad story. :(

Crap :/ It seems Nintendo was their only major client when it came to game development, at least outwardly. I have a feeling this is more a CING situation than anything, but I hope that Nintendo may have helped get some employees in SPD or something :<

GhaleonQ

Aw, didn't know Mitchell was over. Osman and the Pang series are classics.

*sad face* I was worried after Magical Michael and their transition to dull-looking mobile games. That's 1 more classic developer down, I suppose.

It's not really the same thing but I really loved how Nintendo attacked the craziest Zelda fans with Tingle. Seemed really out of character for them.

I wouldn't really characterize Tingle as an attack on Zelda fanboys. He's more a take on hopelessly single Japanese salarymen (just in the Zelda universe).

Fox Mulder

Well, Mario's all about jumping on and throwing turtles, while Donkey Kong has you throw a gorilla down multiple stories. Pokemon's about stuffing wild animals into tiny balls just so you can order them to beat up other animals, whether wild or raised by other people.

This uses images of real people though, so I guess that's something.

I was playing NSMBU and someone asked me why I was killing the happy, dancing turtles. Mario is a monster.

antitrop

I was playing NSMBU and someone asked me why I was killing the happy, dancing turtles. Mario is a monster.
Honestly, they're not even enemies. When Mario dies its from his own clumsiness of running into them. Mario is a sadist and a murderer.

Honestly, they're not even enemies. When Mario dies its from his own clumsiness of running into them. Mario is a sadist and a murderer.
I never make Mario jump on turtles because their shells always kill me somehow. But their Smash Bros trophy says they aren't even aware of the outside world when in their shells.

Top Bottom