• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Is Trump going to win again?

rubik's dude

Jul 31, 2013
So I'm not much into politics, I only really see what I see on reddit and here. But from what it looks like, Bernie is down and out, and his supporters are mad and completely against Biden (could just be a vocal minority). With that said, it seems dems are split, with some voting for Bernie and others just going independent. So without a united front, it seems like Trump won't have much competition. Is that the case?

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
he should. sanders is a retard and bidens mind is in the 1940s.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
it's pretty much a sure thing with Biden as his opponent. i will be surprised if Biden lasts as the nominee until election day. Burisma is gonna bury him. him not doing jack shit for the American people when he was VP of Obama is gonna bury him.

Trump is going to be able to run FROM THE LEFT against old Big Banks Joe. Trump is actually suspending evictions and foreclosures during this crisis, while Obama/Biden let that shit happen and let millions of people get evicted and lose their houses all while bailing out the banks in '08. maybe Dems should have actually been on the side of "the common people" as they like to tell everyone.

amazingly, Trump will be able to run as the anti establishment candidate, even though he is the POTUS. solely because of the Dem's pick of Biden.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The vast majority of people have views that will be influenced by a lot of what happens between now and election day. Social media, Reddit and Twitter in particular, tends to highlight the extremists, a majority of that vocal crowd won't be swayed by anything, so their views shouldn't be taken as an accurate reflection of the country. Bernie supporters are learning this lesson the hard way, same way Hillary supporters (should have) learned it in 2016.

HE1NZ

Apr 9, 2019
Corona panic will be over by November and Trump will claim victory over the virus. Democrats might try some new dirty trick as usual, but otherwise seems like a landslide for Trump.

Reactions: Bigrx1

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
I think he will win, I think the dems blaming Trump for "not acting quickly enough" is going to backfire to.

Anecdotal but I've been seeing tons of people on my facebook who are normally apolitical questioning if this was worth shutting everything down for.

Reactions: Singular7

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
It's highly likely. Most reasonable people don't blame Trump for Covid-19, and they'll be willing to give some (read: a small amount) on the economy. Plus, incumbency is very powerful. Plus, poor old Biden is going to mangle his fucking thoughts and basically shit through his mouth, and I suspect that'll give people pause about changing leadership mid-crisis.

Reactions: Singular7

X-Fighter

Jan 10, 2020
I think he will win, I think the dems blaming Trump for "not acting quickly enough" is going to backfire to.

Anecdotal but I've been seeing tons of people on my facebook who are normally apolitical questioning if this was worth shutting everything down for.
That's the problem, right? If he shuts it down and there aren't too many casualties he actually did a good job, but people might say he overreacted. If he doesn't shut it down and a lot of people die, well...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
Against Joe "you know the thing" Biden? Probably yes.

Against Bernie? 50/50 ish , leaning towards not.

As it stands now, it's Trump's election to lose. Whether or not he does well at handling the current pandemic will also be a major factor. That's one hell of a monkey wrench that got thrown into the ring.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
we're all living in the most uncertain time-period of our lives but if I was a betting man I'd say no.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
I don't know, but the debates between Trump and Biden are going to be insane.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Trump wipes the floor with Biden.

Bernie vs Trump would be less even, since there might be a lot of Americans who say "Give me $10,000 a month now" to which Bernie would say "Yes".

Last edited:

gamerMan

Jun 10, 2014
toybuzz.org
It's a little early to say. With the massive socialized bailouts and stock market crash, the market is back where it started and America has doubled the deficit in 4 years.

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
It's highly likely. Most reasonable people don't blame Trump for Covid-19, and they'll be willing to give some (read: a small amount) on the economy. Plus, incumbency is very powerful. Plus, poor old Biden is going to mangle his fucking thoughts and basically shit through his mouth, and I suspect that'll give people pause about changing leadership mid-crisis.
I don't think so. Biden was coherent at the debate with Bernie Sanders. It would be foolish to underestimate him.

Reactions: gamerMan

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
there are a lot of factors in the air. there already were before this whole pandemic. now having to deal with this whole thing makes the Mueller Report feel like 10,000 years ago. there is really no where to tell what will happen.

Trump has been very good to his base, tho, which is going to factor in heavily. he delivered on the SC and many other GOP friendly policies. his strategy of calling the Dem's bluff works time and time again. Obama was terrible to his base. he got very little done that the left could be happy about other than media optics, which has come to supplant all other qualities in US elections. for this reason alone Trump will win. he knows the media game.

Biden is a loser. first of all he cannot perform. the evidence of that is vast. he is not inspiring. he is not funny. even people that hate Trump think he is hilarious. America loves a class clown. Biden has no stamina. he is too old for this shit. Trump can still drone on and on for over an hour without taking a sip of water. he will take a 15 minute side trip to talk about wrestlers during his first post-impeachment speech. he's a guy you want to have a burger with. he is basically the president from the arcade game Bad Dudes.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I don't think so. Biden was coherent at the debate with Bernie Sanders. It would be foolish to underestimate him.
He has sounded better the last couple of debates, but I think he’s barely hanging on to appear lucid. Trump’ll knock him off message and get under his skin, and that’s when I’m betting the gaffes will fly. I mean, wasn’t it just a week ago that Biden had the blowout with the union worker?

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
He has sounded better the last couple of debates, but I think he’s barely hanging on to appear lucid. Trump’ll knock him off message and get under his skin, and that’s when I’m betting the gaffes will fly. I mean, wasn’t it just a week ago that Biden had the blowout with the union worker?
I don't understand why he is more coherent all of a sudden. That's what's got me a little on edge. I don't like being caught off guard and that was definitely out of left field. A miracle of health or some special drug the government keeps for itself. Bah. My mind races trying to figure it out. Wrong about the dementia. That I'm fairly certain about. Will be very upset if he becomes stupid again with Trump. I mean, I hope he does so that he loses, but then it's back to wondering why and just what the hell is going on with Biden. It's frustrating.

I actually think that fight with the union worker helped him. Maybe not with unions, but I certainly had more respect for Biden afterwards. He stood up for himself. He lost. But he gets credit for not being a pussy. I mean, just look at that dude's beard.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I didn't like his chances before, but now that he has bungled the response to the COVID mess I like them even less.
He's responded better than Canada or any European countries.

What do you want, him to order the military to shoot anyone coofing outside and burn their bodies like China did?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowstar39

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
I think he scared a lot of republican moderates with his handling of the kung flu, and they are missing Obama right now

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
I don't understand why he is more coherent all of a sudden. That's what's got me a little on edge. I don't like being caught off guard and that was definitely out of left field. A miracle of health or some special drug the government keeps for itself. Bah. My mind races trying to figure it out. Wrong about the dementia. That I'm fairly certain about. Will be very upset if he becomes stupid again with Trump. I mean, I hope he does so that he loses, but then it's back to wondering why and just what the hell is going on with Biden. It's frustrating.

I actually think that fight with the union worker helped him. Maybe not with unions, but I certainly had more respect for Biden afterwards. He stood up for himself. He lost. But he gets credit for not being a pussy. I mean, just look at that dude's beard.
Who knows, remember when McCain ran against Obama he was heavily made fun of for possibly suffering dementia. He had moments where he seemed aloof and other times he seemed lucid.

I remember this because I specifically remember late night talk shows having sketches about McCain's aloof behavior during the debates.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
#FreeBrap

Maybe borrowed some of Trump’s stimulants

Gunztrix

Mar 14, 2012
I think his chances at the moment are the worst they have been throughout his whole term. And, depending on how bad the economy gets it will be pegged on him.

If we rebound and if the Dems do a bad job of proving how they can do better, then he has a high chance of re-election.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Who knows, remember when McCain ran against Obama he was heavily made fun of for possibly suffering dementia. He had moments where he seemed aloof and other times he seemed lucid.

I remember this because I specifically remember late night talk shows having sketches about McCain's aloof behavior during the debates.
McCain was eventually diagnosed with brain cancer and died. He ruined any credibility of the theory that the government has a secret cure for cancer. Much to this dismay of those who believed it. Haha.

But Biden? I have no idea. He was supposed to be demented and then all of a sudden he's better. I'm a man of science. I don't like the idea of Jesus interfering in our elections.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
McCain was eventually diagnosed with brain cancer and died. He ruined any credibility of the theory that the government has a secret cure for cancer. Much to this dismay of those who believed it. Haha.

But Biden? I have no idea. He was supposed to be demented and then all of a sudden he's better. I'm a man of science. I don't like the idea of Jesus interfering in our elections.
Biden did better because he wasn't on stage with 8 other people, and he was being handed softball questions

Reactions: Shadowstar39

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Biden did better because he wasn't on stage with 8 other people, and he was being handed softball questions
No. He's been on stage with just himself and starts talking to walls and shit among other things. We need a better explanation. Someone give me a differential.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Most likely. Biden is even worse policy-wise than Trump, the only new thing he'll bring to the White House is Alzheimer's.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

The point I was trying to make was despite all the stuff McCain was going through he still had moments of lucidity. So it shouldn't be that surprising that joe has them every now and then.
🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

Biden's medical history has been pretty well documented, he had a double aneurysm in his brain over 30 years ago. One on each side where they literally sawed the top of his skull open for brain surgery.