• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Valorant coming to Xbox Game Pass or only PC/Mobile?

Karmic Raze

I watched a good bit of the Xbox/Bethesda Showcase and I was confused on whether or not Valorant was just coming to PC and Mobile or if it’s also coming to Xbox too? Can someone clarify this for me?

Banned
I watched a good bit of the Xbox/Bethesda Showcase and I was confused on whether or not Valorant was just coming to PC and Mobile or if it’s also coming to Xbox too? Can someone clarify this for me?

all they are doing is give gamepass members some free stuff, like unlocking all characters in the games etc.
no port of anything

all they are doing is give gamepass members some free stuff, like unlocking all characters in the games etc.
no port of anything
Pretty sure that’s not accurate. I could be wrong but I believe LoL, Valorant, etc are coming to the Xbox

Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Edit: actually I think I am wrong

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
In the showcase they say right before the Riot people come on that it's for PC and mobile. Hopefully the below video is linked to the proper timeframe:

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
It'd need to be toned down ALOT to work on a console, it's all about precision aiming.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
These are almost certainly PC and Cloud Gamepass perks.
I dont think this has anything to do the Xbox Gamepass.

Could be wrong and they announced the console ports subtly, but me thinks its PC/Cloud Gamepass.
PC Gamepass players have been asking for stuff for a while, so its good to see MS hasnt forgotten us.

DukeNukem00

Banned
there's no issue with precision aiming on a controller if the controls are good. and no you don't need aim assist either.

You think this is the case because you don't know what really goes into making these games. Console games dont only have aim assist for aim, they have numerous, multiple layers of different types of assists just for aiming. Snapping your reticle to target, slowing the aiming movement when you reach a certain radius of an enemy, pulling the bullet towards the enemy when you actually fired at the air and three feet above the enemy.

You have code that interprets the movement you make, so your character doesnt actually move 1:1 where you moved it, but where you wanted it to move. Acceleration for movement so you dont overshoot and can frame enemies or pick up objects. Magnetism for cover or other actions.

Controllers are so inept horseshit, that they require assists top to bottom. The fact that you think YOU are the one doing the actions when you play a console game is cute and a sign the devs are good at their jobs. If a game would be completely naked of any assists, you could not enter a straight door without hitting the walls three times.

Valorant or LOL will never exist on consoles, and it should be clear to anyone playing just 5 minutes of each.

Last edited:

Banned
You think this is the case because you don't know what really goes into making these games. Console games dont only have aim assist for aim, they have numerous, multiple layers of different types of assists just for aiming. Snapping your reticle to target, slowing the aiming movement when you reach a certain radius of an enemy, pulling the bullet towards the enemy when you actually fired at the air and three feet above the enemy.

well you are wrong. the only games on the market that have bullet magnetism are Halo and Destiny (both have terrible analog aiming for modern standards as well so they need it)

the only game on the market that had aim snapping was Fortnite, because the aiming on controller was so badly done that they had to implement it in order fot it to be playable. they since improved the aiming and removed the aim snap.

reticle slowing and following is the only method used by any modern game (outside of Halo and Destiny)
and these do not affect recoil either usually (it doesn't affect recoil in Apex Legends for example, not sure about CoD)

the aim assist in these games is not really needed. in mid range to long range battles it basically has no real effect, if often actually worsens your aim because most modern shooters like that have bullet physics and you have to lead your shots and almost never actually directly aim at your opponent.
it's only in close range battles where it helps with following your enemy in quick motions.

if that last thing wasn't such an advantage in apex I would have turned off aim assist a long time ago actually. (just feels way better to play that way)

so the only real advantage it has in apex is when a close range enemy is moving quickly around you, something that doesn't really happen in Valorant as your bullet spread will go nuts if you don't stand still.
so in Valorant it's all about recoil control, which as I said above is usually also not assisted at all on console shooters, and about who locks on to the other guy fastest.

Last edited:

reksveks

Coming to the MS store on PC and then Xcloud for the mobile games.

I do wonder when the riot fighting game is out and if its out on console?

DukeNukem00

Banned
well you are wrong. the only games on the market that have bullet magnetism are Halo and Destiny (both have terrible analog aiming for modern standards as well so they need it)

the only game on the market that had aim snapping was Fortnite, because the aiming on controller was so badly done that they had to implement it in order fot it to be playable. they since improved the aiming and removed the aim snap.

reticle slowing and following is the only method used by any modern game (outside of Halo and Destiny)
and these do not affect recoil either usually (it doesn't affect recoil in Apex Legends for example, not sure about CoD)

the aim assist in these games is not really needed. in mid range to long range battles it basically has no real effect, if often actually worsens your aim because most modern shooters like that have bullet physics and you have to lead your shots and almost never actually directly aim at your opponent.
it's only in close range battles where it helps with following your enemy in quick motions.

if that last thing wasn't such an advantage in apex I would have turned off aim assist a long time ago actually. (just feels way better to play that way)

so the only real advantage it has in apex is when a close range enemy is moving quickly around you, something that doesn't really happen in Valorant as your bullet spread will go nuts if you don't stand still.

Dude, trust me, they all do. Like i said, you would not be able to properly enter a door if a game had nothing. I have no idea where you got the impression that like 5 games on the market have assists, lol. They all do, for one thing or another. Not only that, but the gameplay is designed differently than a pure PC game, enemies behave a certain way, the weapons are tweaked a certain way.

A controller is about the worse possible tool to play games. There is nothing that a pad does well. How you track enemies, how you can turn, how you can react, the small numbers of buttons. Modern gaming is a sequence of compromises and assists. Like i said, the reason that you have the illusion that YOU are good at pad games is because of how advanced and subtle all the assists have become over the years. Its not actually you that is doing what you think youre doing in games.

Just take an older game on steam with no pad support and force some kind of controller emulation then try and see how every action feels like when you dont have assits for anything. You would struggle to frame a piece of ammo off the floor to pickup. You would constantly overshoot. You will have trouble framing a door and not hit the walls on your way through it. When you would try to aim at enemies the target will fly all over the place because you would not have acceleration and magnetism.

Banned
Dude, trust me, they all do.

I'm not reading beyond that because you are wrong and have clearly no idea what you are talking about.

we, as in the Apex community, know to the minutest of minute details how aim assist works in the game. and CoD and most other shooters out there have very similar systems, that includes Titanfall 1/2 and stuff like Rainbow Six Siege.

there is no aim snap, there is no bullet magnetism. the only assist these games have is that the aim slows down near enemies and it follows them a bit (only if your right stick detects an input)

in Apex aim assist is a highly debated subject and we know literally every value used and discussion around these values are always coming up.
I know in CoD that also happened to a lesser degree I think, and that's why I know that aim assist works almost the same there too.

the main debate is around if Console players should have the reduced PC assist values when they team up with a PC player (in which case they will play on PC servers)
as aim assist on PC has different values than on Console, that is mainly done due to the bad Framerates the base last gen systems had.
but you can set your aim assist to PC mode on console as well (or turn it off completely)

so don't even try to tell me how aim assist works in modern games. I play most of them and have a general knowledge on how all of them work to a degree (not as in depth as in my main game Apex but still the basics I know)

and I skimmed through the rest of your comment to see what you said after the demonstrably ignorant first sentence, and I'll just say this...
there are Apex Legends players on PC that played months on end without aim assist as an experiment and they did just fine. and I'm talking high level ranked players (master rank+)

a game with good aim controls and lots of customisation works absolutely fine without aim assist even in fast paced shooters

Last edited:

hlm666

so whats the big deal about it coming to gamepass? isnt it already free on pc?
There's 180 million mau LoL players (not sure what the Valorant and Mobile game numbers are). MS are trying to to get some of that action, just think how much it would boost gamepass subs if they manage to get 3 or 4 percent of them to sub to unlock all the heroes. It could boost GP by 20% with such a small fraction of their audience.

Banned
jesus christ almighty

indeed...

but just to home it in, here's Genburten (streamer) playing on controller
the targets he is aiming at have ZERO aim assist applied to them btw. they are not seen by the game as enemies

this is what a game looks like when it has good controller aiming and decent customization for said aiming. no aim assist needed for accurate aiming, just a bit of practice, just like on a mouse

you wouldn't be able to do this in Halo Infinite of course because it has shit controller aiming... and they refuse to fix it too, which is hilarious even tho people told them it's shit since the beta. they rely on the most over the top aim assist in existence to mitigate the shitty PS2 era aiming

Last edited:

elliot5

You link your MS account to your Riot account as a game pass sub (any sub, doesn't need to be ultimate or pc). This integration will happen in the winter. Then you get access to all the agents/champions/other perks on the PC games or mobiles games.

Valorant and Wild Rift are expected to come to console eventually based on their past talks and hirings, but this isn't necessarily related.

Last edited:
Top Bottom