• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISRO Chandrayaan 2 Moon Landing LIVE / ISRO loses contact with lander minutes before scheduled landing

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

---

Scheduled to land today (0100 - 0200 IST) but may have crashed. Story is developing.

Wonderful to see space exploration taking more steps forward. God bless, India, and safe landings (hopefully).

Weilthain

Banned
At least they filmed the journey so we can see the earth slowly getting smaller as the craft travels to the moon.

And I’m sure they have some pictures or something from when they were orbiting the moon as well, can’t wait to see them.

As of now I’ve only seen cartoon representations of what they say was going on, but when the footage comes out, especially the globe in space footage, that will be so great.

im being sarcastic they didn’t film it who wants to see that stuff anyway am I right?

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
isn’t it weird that they didn’t have any video footage or picture from the journey?

I feel like I’m crazy for expecting them to film the earth or something. No one else think it’s totally strange?

Wouldn’t you stick some camera on there to film the view as you went round the earth slowly getting further and further away. Why wouldn’t you stick tons of cameras on there.

Why flat earth is even a debate is basically due to this kind of bullshit. They literally sent a space ship round the earth many times slowly making its way to the moon and THEY DIDINT FUCKING FILM IT and no one seems to care and it’s so strange.

Last edited:

John Day

isn’t it weird that they didn’t have any video footage or picture from the journey?

I feel like I’m crazy for expecting them to film the earth or something. No one else think it’s totally strange?

Wouldn’t you stick some camera on there to film the view as you went round the earth slowly getting further and further away. Why wouldn’t you stick tons of cameras on there.

Why flat earth is even a debate is basically due to this kind of bullshit. They literally sent a space ship round the earth many times slowly making its way to the moon and THEY DIDINT FUCKING FILM IT and no one seems to care and it’s so strange.

Although i would say we have a lot of video from other trips to ISS et al.... i agree, i wonder why they didn’t think of it (if they didn’t). Would have been awesome to see Earth from different distances and all.

But aside from that, i really hope India doesn’t give up on this. I know space is a HUGE investment for a country, but there is so much we can learn from every attempt.

Keep at it!

Weilthain

Banned
It’s like when Elon musk sent the roadster car into space.

The “You know it’s real because it looks so fake” moment.

The whole point was to test the falcon x rockets. They needed something really heavy so why not a car, they just needed something heavy.

The thing that bothers me is they filmed a video of the car still really close to low earth orbit. You see the earth taking up most of the shot since it’s still really close. And that’s the end of the video.

The car was supposed to go all the way to mars, but didn’t make it and apparently went to the sun.

My problem is that again, aww shucks we didn’t put a big enough battery to power the cameras so show the earth spinning in space. Just enough to record a little video while the car was really close to earth. But too bad.

There are so many opportunities to film the earth in ways that haven’t been done before, it really doesn’t add up to me.

They convinced everyone that India was landing stuff on the moon by sending a rocket into the sky, then everyone looked at a screen with numbers on it.

No video, no photos, no live stream, nothing. Everyone believes it’s real yet it’s just cartoons on the screen.

You bring up this fact and a sane person will have to admit that it is strange they don’t film or photo anything, considering the supposed Apollo missions and the lack of pictures of earth from space.

Unlucky India, keep it up and better luck next time.

It's good to see so many countries testing their rockets ready for the Mars race in the next few years.

Space race 2: Martian boogaloo

Ornlu

Banned

The whole point was to test the falcon x rockets. They needed something really heavy so why not a car, they just needed something heavy.

The thing that bothers me is they filmed a video of the car still really close to low earth orbit. You see the earth taking up most of the shot since it’s still really close. And that’s the end of the video.

The car was supposed to go all the way to mars, but didn’t make it and apparently went to the sun.

My problem is that again, aww shucks we didn’t put a big enough battery to power the cameras so show the earth spinning in space. Just enough to record a little video while the car was really close to earth. But too bad.

There are so many opportunities to film the earth in ways that haven’t been done before, it really doesn’t add up to me.

They convinced everyone that India was landing stuff on the moon by sending a rocket into the sky, then everyone looked at a screen with numbers on it.

No video, no photos, no live stream, nothing. Everyone believes it’s real yet it’s just cartoons on the screen.

You bring up this fact and a sane person will have to admit that it is strange they don’t film or photo anything, considering the supposed Apollo missions and the lack of pictures of earth from space.

I dunno, but the cameras used for all of the SpaceX launches have been pretty dope. Watching the rockets burst thru the cloud cover going up or coming down, etc.

Weilthain

Banned
I dunno, but the cameras used for all of the SpaceX launches have been pretty dope. Watching the rockets burst thru the cloud cover going up or coming down, etc.
it’s cool because there is video footage and crowds can actually see it happening in real life.

If it were just computer simulations on a tv screen like India and Israel’s “moon landings” people wouldn’t have cared for the spacex rockets either.

It’s the spectacle of seeing that rocket go up and come down. Glad they filmed that.

“Shall I film Earth floating through space?”

“ Nah”
“Not even just stick a go pro on there?”
“I said no.”
“But..”
“No cameras”
“...”

#Phonepunk#

Banned
there is already plenty of footage of earth shot from space. if that isn't already convincing enough for you, not sure why more footage shot from space would be. The Blue Marble was taken in 1972. Pale Blue Dot was taken in 1990. there is already 40+ years of footage of the earth from space. a go pro isn't going to change things.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member

What the hell are you even on about? I studied the US space program for a good two years in college and wrote my capstone piece on it. If you want photos and video from space, it's definitely out there.

Just watch this if you think it's fake:

Weilthain

Banned
That is a shill saying the same shilly bullshit they all say.

This is a good documentary but it’s in Italian with subtitles in parts.

I have the English version I believe it will be on YouTube soonish but it’s available to buy if you don’t want to wait.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

This is a good documentary but it’s in Italian with subtitles in parts.

I have the English version I believe it will be on YouTube soonish but it’s available to buy if you don’t want to wait.

lol ok. You don't even begin to address any of the technical aspects of it, just reply calling the dude a shill and with a 3 hour video in Italian. Bruh I guarantee I've put more effort into studying this than you. I've read over a dozen books about it, watched just as many documentaries, I've pulled contemporary news articles from the time, I've interviewed former astronauts, I've traveled to see the primitive computers and rockets used in person. If you had put in half the effort and research I put into the subject and came away thinking it was all fake, I'd call you an idiot.

Weilthain

Banned
lol ok. You don't even begin to address any of the technical aspects of it, just reply calling the dude a shill and with a 3 hour video in Italian. Bruh I guarantee I've put more effort into studying this than you. I've read over a dozen books about it, watched just as many documentaries, I've pulled contemporary news articles from the time, I've interviewed former astronauts, I've traveled to see the primitive computers and rockets used in person. If you had put in half the effort and research I put into the subject and came away thinking it was all fake, I'd call you an idiot.
So...don’t film in space?

I’m aware of all the points he brings up, yet I still think it’s a load of shite.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
i posted a 3 hour long documentary full of reasons I’m sure you are aware of

I’m unaware of anything that makes the entire space program and moon landing being a hoax remotely plausible. If you can’t synthesize anything into a reasonable summary, then I don’t think you actually are aware of anything either.

In plain terms this other guy explains why it’s ridiculous in about ten minutes, and he’s just as cynical/skeptical of the US government as anyone else. So why is his point that it would’ve been technologically impossible to fake at the time “shite?”

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Still better than 80% of the countries out there, I know India is dinged up but hell what space agency is 100% of the time on rocket launches?

Weilthain

Banned
I’m unaware of anything that makes the entire space program and moon landing being a hoax remotely m If you can’t synthesize anything into a reasonable summary, then I don’t think you actually are aware of anything either.

In plain terms this other guy explains why it’s ridiculous in about ten minutes, and he’s just as cynical/skeptical of the US government as anyone else. So why is his point that it would’ve been technologically impossible to fake at the time “shite?”
I’m not going to try to
I’m unaware of anything that makes the entire space program and moon landing being a hoax remotely plausible. If you can’t synthesize anything into a reasonable summary, then I don’t think you actually are aware of anything either.

I posted a 3 hour documentary about it that explains in maybe too much detail what I believe, if anyone cares to look into it. The information is all out there but I like this documentary as it covers all the bases in a really complete package.

Sadly, it looks like their lander crashed:

India's Chandrayaan-2 orbiter circling the moon has spotted the country's lost Vikram lander on the lunar surface, but there is still no signal from the lander, according to Indian media reports. K Sivan, chief of the Indian Space Research Organisation, said today (Sept. 8) that the Vikram lander was located by Chandrayaan-2 and efforts to restore contact the probe will continue for at least 14 days, according to a Times of India report.

Unfortunately, our resident flat-earther was banned a while ago, but it's nice to see crazy moon hoaxers taking up the reins. /s

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’m not going to try to

I posted a 3 hour documentary about it that explains in maybe too much detail what I believe, if anyone cares to look into it. The information is all out there but I like this documentary as it covers all the bases in a really complete package.

But you can't or won't say why you think this other video is shite. See, I'd be happy to debate any of the particulars if you could actually raise them, but posting a 3 hour video and saying "it's all out there" is about as helpful as taking a shit in the middle of the room then walking away.

Weilthain

Banned
But you can't or won't say why you think this other video is shite. See, I'd be happy to debate any of the particulars if you could actually raise them, but posting a 3 hour video and saying "it's all out there" is about as helpful as taking a shit in the middle of the room then walking away.
I don’t want to debate you about the moon landings.

I was pointing out how ridiculous it is not to film such fantastic space missions such as india and isreals moon missions.

you aren’t addressing my points.

I’m not asking you to though so don’t feel like I’m asking you to do anything.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I don’t want to debate you about the moon landings.

I was pointing out how ridiculous it is not to film such fantastic space missions such as india and isreals moon missions.

you aren’t addressing my points.

I’m not asking you to though so don’t feel like I’m asking you to do anything.

Go to 38 seconds:

What are your acceptance criteria for photographic evidence?

What about a full video stream of the shuttle going into orbit?

?

So what're you actually saying here? That this is all fake or are you "just asking questions?"

Weilthain

Banned
Go to 38 seconds:

What are your acceptance criteria for photographic evidence?

What about a full video stream of the shuttle going into orbit?

?

So what're you actually saying here? That this is all fake or are you "just asking questions?"

The first video of the Israel moon mission. That’s not quite enough for me, call me crazy I know, but that’s not enough for me.

The second video, that is low earth orbit. We are talking about going to the moon.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The first video of the Israel moon mission. That’s not quite enough for me, call me crazy I know, but that’s not enough for me.

The second video, that is low earth orbit. We are taking about going to the moon.

I understand the difference between LEO and going to the moon and beyond. Can you explain to me why leaving LEO is such a questionable possibility given the points raised about how technologically impossible it would've been to fake at the time? My question to you is where does the fakery start, and why it seems to be so hard to go to the moon or beyond when we so clearly have done so. You realize the Russians landed probes on Venus? Are the Voyager probes make believe? The Mars rovers? Is there just some giant but secret VFX industry in place custom made to persuade us all that these things are real for some reason?

It's silly nonsense dude. If you believe we can launch a space shuttle and a space station into orbit, it's not at all a stretch that a bigger rocket or a lesser payload could get outside of Earth's orbit.

Weilthain

Banned
I understand the difference between LEO and going to the moon and beyond. Can you explain to me why leaving LEO is such a questionable possibility given the points raised about how technologically impossible it would've been to fake at the time? My question to you is where does the fakery start, and why it seems to be so hard to go to the moon or beyond when we so clearly have done so. You realize the Russians landed probes on Venus? Are the Voyager probes make believe? The Mars rovers? Is there just some giant but secret VFX industry in place custom made to persuade us all that these things are real for some reason?

It's silly nonsense dude. If you believe we can launch a space shuttle and a space station into orbit, it's not at all a stretch that a bigger rocket or a lesser payload could get outside of Earth's orbit.
I’m wondering why they didn’t film the rocket go to the moon.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
But what is your opinion about that though?

It’s my opinion that people like to shit up discussions by asking loaded questions and usually seem to also have an inability to take a stance and actually assert something (like “this is fake because x y or z”), as you’ve demonstrated here. It’s is an obnoxious tactic used by people who don’t know what they’re talking about but want to feel like they do, or have some special knowledge. Calling the guy I posted a shill and not addressing any points raised doesn’t further the debate or expand anyone’s knowledge, it’s basically the same thing as trolling.

Weilthain

Banned
It’s my opinion that people like to shit up discussions by asking loaded questions and usually seem to also have an inability to take a stance and actually assert something (like “this is fake because x y or z”), as you’ve demonstrated here. It’s is an obnoxious tactic used by people who don’t know what they’re talking about but want to feel like they do, or have some special knowledge. Calling the guy I posted a shill and not addressing any points raised doesn’t further the debate or expand anyone’s knowledge, it’s basically the same thing as trolling.
You bombarded me with demands to “synthesize” “summerys” about the things you brought up or else I shouldn’t speak about such matters.

They sent a space ship to the moon and didn’t film it with video cameras. I have my suspicions...

Top Bottom