• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Appears Chuck Wendig Was Fired From Marvel [Star Wars]

MilkyJoe

This is the kind of shit i disagree with. I know it feels "right" that an asshole like him get the boot for what he said on twitter but he didn't broke the law nor he was actually in any position where he was talking directly to consumers.

If you don't like what someone is saying, go to court. Your personal feeling shouldn't be factor if someone can work or not. What someone says on their private twitter or whatever it should be their private thing.

Unfortunately shitty trend started by radical left only gets claps from other side of isle where they should be the one defending free speech. I can see why that is but i won't support such garbage whatever it goes left or right.

Unfortunately he's a representative of his employer and if acting up casts said employer in a bad light, then they are right to give him the bag, it's bad for their business to have him acting up.

Get woke, go broke, it's not just a meme.

Shouldn't everyone, regardless of party, be defending free speech?
If he was being systematically deplatformed like Alex Jones, I'd defend him. If he was fired for just sharing his political views (unless they involved genocide, of course), I'd defend him. Being fired for Twitter rants while publicly representing your employer, though? Sorry. That's on him.

Last edited:
Shouldn't everyone, regardless of party, be defending free speech?

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have the right to say what he did. But, in turn, the people he offends have a right to voice their displeasure when he speaks out in a boorish way. And I am sure that played a role in his dismissal.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Representing employer ?
Did he said that on MarvelCon or to interviewer in press ?

It's not like he said it to a buddy of his on the porch while having a beer. You represent your company at any time that you are in a public event or a public forum. Social media is quite literally a public forum, so yes, he was representing his employer.

Dontero

Banned
It's not like he said it to a buddy of his on the porch while having a beer. You represent your company at any time that you are in a public event or a public forum. Social media is quite literally a public forum, so yes, he was representing his employer.

No it is not. Unless you claim what you do in bar or club is or any place that has more than 1 person listening to you is representative of your employer which naturally is retarded assumption.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
No it is not. Unless you claim what you do in bar or club is or any place that has more than 1 person listening to you is representative of your employer which naturally is retarded assumption.
People are responsible for their own actions. Nothing you say will ever change that basic and fundamental rule of life.

Representing employer ?
Did he said that on MarvelCon or to interviewer in press ?
He said it to the entire world on a verified Twitter account where he lists his projects and talks about his work. You may not like the rules, but they're well known at this point and you break them at your own peril.

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have the right to say what he did. But, in turn, the people he offends have a right to voice their displeasure when he speaks out in a boorish way. And I am sure that played a role in his dismissal.
Dontero said" they should be the one defending free speech. " So I was asking why put the blame solely on them(democrats). But I don't believe the 1st applies to private companies. Only that the government cannot take it away.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Why is it always these hover hand cuck mouth types that become SJWs? Is it like their last attempt to break free of the friend zone or something

Cato

Banned
Why is it always these hover hand cuck mouth types that become SJWs? Is it like their last attempt to break free of the friend zone or something

Who knows, he is a radical male feminist.
Sooner or later we all see them accused and thrown out due to some heinous sex crime.

Kadayi

Banned
If someone just hugged Hillary for a month, maybe she’d be more civil.

It would keep her away from the press that's for sure.

It strikes me that she's become somewhat akin to the War Criminal known as Tony Blair over here in the UK. The press love to lap up whatever Tony's thoughts are on matters (Brexit especially) without any comprehension that most people couldn't give a shit what he thinks because they view him as an irrelevance.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It is a weird coincidence. Always pasty and pudgy, average looking fellows.

Funny that.

Kadayi

Banned
I thought Tony Blair was the shit. He was like the Butler from Clue the Movie. Always smiling.

iu
iu

Top Bottom