• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It has been almost one year since Amiibo released, what is your ''Amiibo score''?

Illucio

Banned
I have all of the Smash Line right now except for Mii Fighters

I have Mewtwo but no Falco.

And the 3 Splatoons and Classic 8 Bit Mario.

PBalfredo

Samus, Peach (Smash bros launch pickups)

Ness, Lucina (Went out of my way to get Ness, picked up Lucina as well)

Inkling Girl

My next must-get Amiibo is Lucas.

Daingurse

Zero

Only really into Godzilla and Anime figures, so no real interest in Amiibo. I didn't even buy Sonic, which really shows how little my interest is.

I have all of the Smash characters up until now except for the Mii Fighters (because they're terrible). I may grab them if they hit a sale or something, but I'm not stressing at all to get them.

For non Smash:

Classic 8-bit Mario
Gold Mario
Silver Mario
All 3 Woolly World Yoshi
Splatoon 3 Pack
Toad

The goal is to get the entire Smash line, as well as others that I like. I'm not going for 100% on anything else... for now.

Im not too insane about it, I have my blue yarn yoshi, Imported it from japan months ago. The classic 8-bit mario, the male inkling, sonic, ganandorf, rosalina, olimar, and I just grabbed mew two today. All are still boxed except for the yarn yoshi, its too cute to be kept in a box.

Eila

Mayro
Luigi
Bowser
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Lucina
Ike
ZSS
Pikachu
Pacman
Sonic
Ness

Still want Lucas. I try to grab them if they're cheap and have the money, but sadly the only ones I have seen and skipped are Diddy and Peach. I don't think I've found another in stores. Maybe Charizard?

Drago

I have every Smash amiibo except Lucas who isn't out yet, as well as the three Splatoon amiibo, Chibi-Robo (<3), Toad, Green Yarn Yoshi and Classic 8 bit Mario. I have Wolf Link preordered too I guess.

:|

Regiruler

Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena
Boy & Girl Inkling, and Squid
Game & Watch
R.O.B
Captain Falcon

Hardly use them

I've considered sonic and ganondorf but that's about it.

I just have my mains only in Smash - Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Marth. I preordered the Twilight Princess HD bundle so I will also be getting the Midna and Wolf Link amiibo next year.

If they make a Cloud amiibo, I will definitely be getting that.

Hylian7

Super Smash Bros series
Yoshi
Zelda
Rosalina
Mega Man
Palutena
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B. (NA/EU version)
Duck Hunt Dog
Mewtwo (ordered on Amazon)

Score : 9/53

Splatoon series
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl
Inkling Squid

Score : 3/3

Yoshi series
Green Yarn Yoshi

Score : 1/4

Amiibo figures score : 13/83
Amiibo cards score : 0/104

Final score : 13/187

I just pick and choose the ones I want, I don't have the money to dump into getting insane amounts of them.

Amiibos on my list for the future though:

Ryu
Zero Suit Samus
Cloud

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
As a collector of pretty much all the toys-to-life lines, I am constantly amazed at the lack of quality control on amiibos. I have seen figures in the package that are coming apart, backwards, bent in weird places, broken at times, and have wildly differentiating paint apps even in the same shipment. Recently I found a Shulk whose sword was bent in a 180 degree parabola because it was smushed against the packaging. Every Shulk on the rack had its sword at a different angle, in fact. I had to look through an entire peg full of Star Foxes just to find one that didn't have missing paint on its nose.

I have never seen quality control issues like this on any of the competing brands. Never have I seen Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures broken in the package or with such different paint job quality. Makes me wonder what in the hell is going on at Nintendo and who they're using for their QC and manufacturing. The amiibos don't seem more complex than Skylanders, at the very least, yet it's increasingly tough to find decent ones on the pegs. Not what I usually expect from Nintendo.

Keyouta

I have zero, I can see the appeal but I have no interest in these figures that will end up just sitting on my shelf or in a box tucked away. I don't like the idea of locking away even little extras in a game through a physical item, and plus the figures must be like $20 a pop now with the Canadian dollar being what it is.

More power to those that like it though, it definitely seems to be doing well for Nintendo too.

SMgamer83

Super Smash Bros series
R.O.B. (Famicom version)
Falco
Score : 51/53

Super Mario series
Score : 10/10

Splatoon series

Yoshi series
Score : 4/4

Animal Crossing series
Score : 8/8

Chibi-Robo! series
Score : 1/1

Skylanders Amiibo
Hammer Slam Bowser
Dark Hammer Slam Bowser
Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
Score : 0/4

Amiibo figures score : 77/83

Falco isn't out yet. I need to get FamiROB. Not interested in paying 37-100 bucks for the amiibolanders. And no thanks to cards.

Zalman

I have about 20 which is more than I thought I would get, but I don't mind at all. I really like the way they look and it's cool to see all my favorite video game characters together on the shelf. It's even more surreal seeing the most obscure Nintendo characters in stores.

My favorites so far are King Dedede, Pac-Man, Mega Man and everything post-Smash. I'm really excited for the future of amiibo. The Smash series sadly suffered a bit quality wise due to the awkward poses.

AndrewRyan

amiibo.jpg

8/10 since they're such cool little figures. Don't even use them in-game. Here's mine.

I have about a dozen. I'm definitely getting Lucas, but on the fence regarding Mewtwo and Falco. I'll probably end up getting them.

After working retail in an electronics department and constantly being hassled about amiibo, my enthusiasm towards them has dwindled considerably. Add in all the retailer exclusive shit and...yeah.

Super Smash Bros series
Mario
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link Got!
Samus Got!
Fox Got!
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Pikachu
Kirby Got!
Marth Got!
Zelda
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Little Mac
Pit Got!
Captain Falcon Got!
Rosalina
Bowser
Lucario Got!
Toon Link Got!
Sheik
Ike
Shulk Got!
Sonic Got!
Mega Man Got!
King Dedede Got!
Meta Knight
Robin
Lucina
Wario Got!
Charizard Got!
Ness
Pac-Man Got!
Greninja Got!
Jigglypuff Got!
Palutena
Dark Pit Got!
Zero Suit Samus Got!
Ganondorf Got!
Dr. Mario Got!
Bowser Jr.
Olimar Got!
Mr. Game & Watch Got!
R.O.B. (NA/EU version) Got!
R.O.B. (Famicom version)
Duck Hunt Dog Got!
Mewtwo
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Swordfighter
Falco Got! (Well pre-ordered)

Score : 27/53

Super Mario series
Mario Got!
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad Got!
Yoshi
Silver Mario Got!
Gold Mario Got!
8-Bit Mario (Modern version)
8-Bit Mario (Classic version) Got!

Score : 5/10

Splatoon series
Inkling Boy Got!
Inkling Girl Got!
Inkling Squid Got!

Yoshi series
Green Yarn Yoshi Got!
Blue Yarn Yoshi Got!
Pink Yarn Yoshi Got!
Mega Yarn Yoshi

Score : 3/4

Animal Crossing series
Cyrus
Digby
Isabelle
K.K.
Lottie
Mabel
Reese
Tom Nook

Score : 0/8

Chibi-Robo! series
Chibi-Robo

Score : 0/1

Skylanders Amiibo
Hammer Slam Bowser
Dark Hammer Slam Bowser
Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong

Score : 0/4

Amiibo cards
Series 1 : 0/100
Promo cards : 0/4 (this includes the exclusive Isabelle promo card from Japan and the 3 cards included with Animal Crossing : Amiibo Festival)

Score : 0/104

Amiibo figures score : 38/83
Amiibo cards score : 0/104

Final score : 38/187

Really want Ness, WFT, Little Mac, and Villager. Will definitely buy Ryu, Lucas, and Cloud for sure.

Smash Series
Ness
Samus
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
Pac-Man
Lucario
Toon Link
Ike
Little Mac
Diddy Kong
Sheik
Fox
Luigi

Splatoon Series
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl
Inkling Squid

Yarn Yoshi Series
Blue Yarn Yoshi

Total: 18/187

I'm tempted to go buy Marth, Captain Falcon, and Greninja now that I've seen restocks of them but at the same time I don't want to buy amiibos anymore.

IbukiLordSA

Only have these ones, the only ones I still want to get are Mewtwo and Sheik

Link
Samus
Fox
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Marth
Zelda
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Rosalina
Ike
Sonic
Mega Man
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus

jmizzal

Link, Gannondorf and Shulk
Had Ness but sold it

Gonna get the rest of Zelda and Metroid

oh yea have Midna and Wolf link preordered

Yagami_Sama

Super Mario and Animal Crossing series and amiibo cards I don’t have any interest. But from Smash Bros series and Splatoon I have 46

Dang, what have I done.

Linkyn

Let's see...

I have Pikachu, Samus, Fox, Zelda, Rosalina and Marth from the Smash Bros. series, all 3 Splatoon amiibo, the green Yarn Yoshi amiibo, and the 8-bit Mario amiibo, so 11 in total. Might have missed 1-2, but they're at home, so I'd have to ask my parents or my brother.

Top Bottom