• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 are re-releasing on PC

pasterpl

Gematsu spotted ratings for Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania and Contra for PC on the Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee. The ratings even include images. This one looks nailed on.

The Konami Collector's Series includes Castlevania, Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest, Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse, Contra and Super Contra.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
6e9.png

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I still have the PS3 collection and the copy of MGS1 that game with the PS2 collection. I'm good.

True megaton would be MGS: Peace Walker remade in the Decima engine on a new open-world Costa Rica map, including 4-player online missions. Partner with CAPCOM again to include more monsters (from World) 'cause Japanese companies love that cross-game promotion.

I really hope this is true, my PS3 is unhooked, which leaves me without access to my MGS HD collection and these days it's looking less and less likely it will be hooked up again, at least not anytime soon, but I've been in the mood to replay MGS1, 2 and 3 as it's been almost 9 years since I last played them.

But how would they account for the lack of pressure sensitive buttons on modern controllers?

KOMANI

KOMANI
What's up with MGS4? It's been shackled to the PS3 since forever. Maybe it's time it gets a good multi-platform release.
MGS4 has licensing issues, with Otacon and his Apple computer, the iPod, Snake using a PS3 controller to control the MK. II, etc.
The MGS4 engine was already running on Windows for Metal Gear Arcade (which is essentially MGO2).

Hudo

MGS4 has licensing issues, with Otacon and his Apple computer, the iPod, Snake using a PS3 controller to control the MK. II, etc.
The MGS4 engine was already running on Windows for Metal Gear Arcade (which is essentially MGO2).
Man, fuck licensing. The same reason why none of the awesome Dune RTS games by Westwood are available on GOG etc....

I still have the PS3 collection and the copy of MGS1 that game with the PS2 collection. I'm good.

True megaton would be MGS: Peace Walker remade in the Decima engine on a new open-world Costa Rica map, including 4-player online missions. Partner with CAPCOM again to include more monsters (from World) 'cause Japanese companies love that cross-game promotion.

Yes, Peace Walker could use a remake.

Maybe it's not as high priority as other games, but it'd be neat.

Don't forget Playboy magazines.

But couldn't they change all that when porting the game?

Soodanim

Gold Member
It's just the original PC releases, released again!

265941726111154TayC.JPG

0-17.jpg

They're decent with patches.
I'm okay with this, even if it is low effort. Communities make games live forever, and with the increased accessibility given by a digital release we will see more people tackle these so they become very solid (sorry) versions.

Let's not forget the potential of ESRGAN and Gigapixel AI upscaling, MGS in particular needs it. Shame there's no MGS3 PC.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What are the chances, right after the PS5 MGS Remake & MGS2/3/4 Remaster rumours

KOMANI

KOMANI
Yes, Peace Walker could use a remake.

Maybe it's not as high priority as other games, but it'd be neat.

Don't forget Playboy magazines.

But couldn't they change all that when porting the game?
absolutely they could. but changing ons thing in MGS4 can cause 1,000 more bugs and glitches. this from the bug checker on the mgs4 development team, Junji Tago (who later on became the technical director of the fox engine).

Top Bottom