• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IT - Official Trailer 1

Is this a good book to be your first Stephen King?

(Technically I read Dark Tower agggges ago but I don't really remember it)
I think Salem's Lot might be an easier read and was my favorite King book before reading It, but It is like the epitome of classic King horror. Small Maine town, dark secret, nightmarish otherworldly evil, the equally nightmarish evil of human nature, childhood fears and psychological horror, etc

ThisGuy

As for that "evil clown" look, with the make-up and whatnot, that's just tends to be what 1800s and 1900s clowns looked like

Creepiest-vintage-clown-photos.jpg

Creepiest-clown-ever.jpg

Now imagine those in color and modern lighting, instead of grainy black and white

Honestly, neither version if IT has shit on these clowns. That's legit scary. I would legitimately be nervous if I seen one of those walking towards me. Wtf was wrong with people.

Okay, based on what's happening in the book now, I'm excited for the adult movie and happy they decided to split the stories into two films. The tonal shift would have been pretty jarring if the two stories were together; this movie seems to have that Stranger Things/80s Spielbergian adventure vibe, while I can see the adult movie having a darker bleaker thriller vibe

chrono01

New TV Spot.

The shot of Pennywise watching them swim is freaking creepy.
Not watching it...

Not watching it...

I still don't even know what Pennywise sounds like, and I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm trying to go into this thing with as little spoiled as I can. With all of the positivity here, as well as TV spots, it definitely isn't easy.

That tagged bit from the TV Spot, I wonder if that's the movie version of this from the book

Bill began to laugh, Eddie began to laugh, and after a moment even Stan joined in. The sound of it drifted across the broad shallow expanse of the Kenduskeag on the day before July 4th, a summer-sound, as bright as the sunrays darting off the water, and none of them saw the orange eyes staring at them from a tangle of brambles and sterile blackberry bushes to their left

Just read that part in the book, and I instantly thought of that moment.

Bookoo

Not watching it...

Not watching it...

I still don't even know what Pennywise sounds like, and I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm trying to go into this thing with as little spoiled as I can. With all of the positivity here, as well as TV spots, it definitely isn't easy.

Keep up the fight. I gave in and sort of wish I didn't.

Not watching it...

Not watching it...

For some reason, avoiding everything for this has been easy.

Even though I'm pretty hyped and it will be the first horror film I've seen in theaters in years, I can hold off until I see the film next month.

So far outside of pictures, the only thing I've seen is the first teaser released back in I think March or April.

Was just thinking that if the second movie is a comparable length to the first movie (and no reason why it wouldn't be), the duology will be longer than the miniseries was.

chrono01

Keep up the fight. I gave in and sort of wish I didn't.

For some reason, avoiding everything for this has been easy.

Even though I'm pretty hyped and it will be the first horror film I've seen in theaters in years, I can hold off until I see the film next month.

So far outside of pictures, the only thing I've seen is the first teaser released back in I think March or April.
Well, I think I'm screwed.

If the trailers for Annabelle: Creation (a movie I'm seeing next Tuesday) are the same for my theater as the others, it seems like I'll be receiving the extended theatrical trailer for IT. Not sure what the extended one offers, as I've only seen the first "teaser" trailer, but I'm hoping it doesn't give away too much. :/

Well, I think I'm screwed.

If the trailers for Annabelle: Creation (a movie I'm seeing next Tuesday) are the same for my theater as the others, it seems like I'll be receiving the extended theatrical trailer for IT. Not sure what the extended one offers, as I've only seen the first "teaser" trailer, but I'm hoping it doesn't give away too much. :/
I believe that's the clip that was shared before. Four minutes from the opening of the movie

chrono01

I believe that's the clip that was shared before. Four minutes from the opening of the movie
Well, at least it's the beginning of the movie and not parts scattered throughout it. That makes me feel a bit better about it, thanks.

I just hate the way they tend to release trailers for horror movies, as it tends to spoil a lot of the scariest parts dampening the effect. If the extended IT trailer is, as you said, just the opening part of the movie, I'm okay with that!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well, at least it's the beginning of the movie and not parts scattered throughout it. That makes me feel a bit better about it, thanks.

I just hate the way they tend to release trailers for horror movies, as it tends to spoil a lot of the scariest parts dampening the effect. If the extended IT trailer is, as you said, just the opening part of the movie, I'm okay with that!

I've seen it.

It's really, really, really good. But kind of ruins Annabelle because you go from something that's terrifying with an uneasy slow build to something which relies far too much on jump scares.

And it's even better because it's not that different from the mini series, but dear God... new dude as Pennywise is just unsettling to look at. Real sense that there's something wrong with him flat out, whereas Curry had hints of charm to lure kids in first.

chrono01

I've seen it.

It's really, really, really good. But kind of ruins Annabelle because you go from something that's terrifying with an uneasy slow build to something which relies far too much on jump scares.

And it's even better because it's not that different from the mini series, but dear God... new dude as Pennywise is just unsettling to look at. Real sense that there's something wrong with him flat out, whereas Curry had hints of charm to lure kids in first.
Yeah, I'm not expecting too much from Annabelle, but I've heard it's better than the usual horror offerings, and I'm sucker for horror movies in the first place. I also really enjoyed Conjuring 2, which I've heard Annabelle Creation is likened to, so I'm expecting an okay time. I don't expect to be blown away or anything, but it should be worth my money (hopefully).

I don't expect it to compare to IT, though. Everything I've heard surrounding the movie recently, such as the extended trailer (which I'll likely end up seeing, even though I'd rather not) as well as the TV spots (which I've avoided entirely). I always had my expectations that the movie would be good, but even I'm surprised at all of the positivity. Really great stuff.

Kevin

I've seen it.

You seen the new IT movie or a new trailer?

JonnyKong

I've noticed that the box office is open for this here in the UK (Cineworld) so I've got my tickets booked for opening night.

Says the film is 135 minutes long as well if that matters to folk.

Valravn

I had my doubts when i saw the first picture of Skarsgard as Pennywise. Understandable because of the iconic performance by Tim Curry. But then i saw the trailer and began to think that maybe this Pennywise is more like the Pennywise in the book. Now i have seen the preview and I must say that Skarsgard really nailed Pennywise. You can sense the dread during the scene and Pennywise is creepy af.

That shot in the TV spot where
they zoom in on his hand looks like he's transforming into something.

I know, but the director said
not to expect a lot of the monsters that appeared in the book (and mini-series).
Though, that being said, I wouldn't mind if it WAS a
werewolf. The director said he's focusing more on inner fears
, but in the novel,
they made a point children's untamed imagination allows them to be afraid of not only logical fears, but illogical fears. That was kinda a theme discussed in the book (both the Losers as children ponder if they will lose this ability when the grow up and become like every other adult in their town, and adult Losers look back at how strong they were with that ability and if they can tap back into it, because a part of that imagination/belief is what helped WOUND it on several occassions), how there is a stark difference between childhood and adulthood, and how children believe in the "invisible world", open to things that adults would easily say are unrealistic or illogical.

bratpack

looks great but the more everyday man type clown like 90s pennywise scares me more the new one seems very movie monsterish to give me the chills but looks like a great performance in the vein of joker

looks great but the more everyday man type clown like 90s pennywise scares me more the new one seems very movie monsterish to give me the chills but looks like a great performance in the vein of joker
This Pennywise's look is pretty much taken from the book combined with the style of early 19th century clowns

Curry's Pennywise may be the most known look but that's not how Pennywise is portrayed in the story. He's not an everyday regular-person looking clown at all

Just watched Annabelle and the IT preview is great. I really like Skarsgard's Pennywise after hearing him speak. Him saying "Take it" in the trailer doesn't really give much idea of what he's really like but this scene sold me on him in the role.

He's like a darker version of Tim Curry's Pennywise and I think it works great. Cannot wait to watch IT now.

Majmun

Didn't know they were making two movies. But that makes sense.

Currently halfway through the novel. It's great. There's so much material already.

I also remember watching the tv show when I was a kid. But it totally forgot about it. Going to watch it again after I'm finished with the book.

Top Bottom