• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems Switch will support mic input for chat

TunaLover

You can get this sexy earbud from the Nintendo Online Store

switch-pdp-premiumzeldachatearbuds-package-480x320.png

switch-pdp-premiumzeldachatearbuds-case-open-480x320.png

switch-pdp-premiumzeldachatearbuds-detail-1-480x320.png

Why would Nintendo sell those through its Official Store if they weren't to support in-game voice chat?

Mute me if old 😯

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
To plug into your phone. And that's use for the Switch.

I can't believe my Switch doesn't support Bluetooth headsets. Huge mistake. I'm hoping it gets added in later. Remove the aux jack instead of not including Bluetooth headphones support. That's less painful. They're forward thinking with USB-C.

MrPanic

Fyi, it's been known that the switch takes mic input from the headphone jack, as it was said on the specs sheet. Interesting to see some official merchandise though.

Definitely too early to conclude it will support voice chat though, you never know with Nintendo until they tell you.

Sou Da

So this might confirm what I thought, the phone voice thing is to cover for the fact they didn't want to put an headphone jack on the joycons.

Derphoof

So this might confirm what I thought, the phone voice thing is to cover for the fact they didn't want to put an headphone jack on the joycons.

That'd be interesting, an something I never thought about.

So, your phone would only be needed when docked.

I mean, I get it though, the design isn't exactly conducive to having wired headphones coming out of them.

Take ARMS for example, would you really want a wire running out of them to your ear, only to be constantly yanked out when you use the motion controls?

Sou Da

I mean, I get it though, the design isn't exactly conducive to having wired headphones coming out of them.

Take ARMS for example, would you really want a wire running out of them to your ear, only to be constantly yanked out when you use the motion controls?

When are you ever going to be talking to someone in ARMS?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But to use those ear-buds the dock would have to be on your lap.

Get headphones with a longer cord or an extender? I play from my pc desk so the distance isnt an issue for me. Just letting them know that the headphone jack doesnt shut off on tv mode

brawly

Get a longer cord? I play from my pc desk so the distance isnt and issue for me. Just letting them know that the headphone jack doesnt shut off on tv mode

Who in their right mind plays with earbuds on the big screen. This is obviously for handheld mode.

Soph

Earbuds are only good if their quality is good. Like Sennheisers. Payed 50 euro's. but damn they are good.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Who in their right mind plays with earbuds on the big screen. This is obviously for handheld mode.

Yea I mean of course it should work when in handheld mode. But docked?

Its either a convoluted solution or it cant be done docked.

Shoulda put it in the joy cons.

Virdix

Glad to hear that the switch Jack takes mic input, will be nice if i decide to just lay on the couch. Now they just need a Jack on the controller so I don't need to sit weird when it's docked. (I use a monitor with no speakers so I'm plugging in my hyperx cloud to the switch)

Alias03

I wish the pro controller had a headphone jack. One of my only complaints with an otherwise great controller.

Didn't we figure this out already?

Regular plain old voice chat, a.k.a. how it was on the Wii U = plug headset into Switch

Party chat = plug headset into Phone and use app

I play everything with headphones/headset. I talk to friends and I don't want to bother other people nearby or friends I'm talking to online with loud ass speakers.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I play everything with headphones/headset. I talk to friends and I don't want to bother other people nearby or friends I'm talking to online with loud ass speakers.

Not only that the PS4 came with a basic eadbud with a mic.

Its also useful for playing at night and not disturbing others in the house.

Zubz

Banned
I'm glad to hear they're adding it. Hopefully future models just include it in the system/controller proper.

Codeblue

My headphones sound a lot better than my TV and equivalent sound quality on speakers would have cost way more. My TV is always muted when I play PS4 games or Wii U games that supported the function.

Rellik

Me because I have quality headphones that give me a much better sound than my TV speaker. I couldn't go back to gaming without headphones now.

brawly

Who uses headphones? Plenty of people use headphones

I've used headphones plugged directly into my tv for years. I don't know if its common but I do it.

My headphones sound a lot better than my TV and equivalent sound quality on speakers would have cost way more. My TV is always muted when I play PS4 games or Wii U games that supported the function.

Me because I have quality headphones that give me a much better sound than my TV speaker. I couldn't go back to gaming without headphones now.

Headphones

noise.jpg

Earbuds

what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg

Top Bottom