• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems that after yesterday Microsft may need to spin up more Series X blades for Gamepass...

Since Launch I've not really had any issue playing Halo Infinite via Cloud streaming, previous games have been fine as well, after the christmas festivities were done yesterday, I found myself with just a controller and an android tablet in someone elses house. (I generally use my laptop in the house)

I tried to get into Halo Infinite to do the daily multilplayer tasks and found myself facing a message stating there was a five minute queue.

After this time passed, I got in and it played great, (encouraging since I'm normally wired in via LAN) but today I've tried launching it again and it's still queueing.

Looks like I'll be using my own electricity to spin up the console and play it, but these queues must be a sign of the increased cloud demand.

Last edited:
It’s like Xbox Christmas 2006 all over again. Can’t get into gears matches!!!!
Why is Gears 5 really packed?

Series X stock jumped bigtime because everybody I know personally that wanted a Series X, but didn't have one prior to Christmas, now have one. So, needless to say, Xbox had themselves a solid holiday by the looks of it.

Prolly just a lot of ebay purchases

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Come on now lol

?

The post you quoted literally said nothing wrong/offensive, the "come on now" makes no sense.

It's the holidays, consoles tend to sell a lot. New Series S owners also probably account for the extra strain on XCloud, since that's the one console easiest available and selling right now.

Last edited:
Christmas day is always an exception. Things will level back out.

Still, Cloud gaming will ALWAYS be an inferior way to game.

Streaming movies is also always inferior in quality to playing blu-ray discs, yet blu-rays are on the verge of becoming extinct.

Once the difference becomes imperceptible to the majority of consumers, streaming will become the leader.

mejin

?

The post you quoted literally said nothing wrong/offensive, the "come on now" makes no sense.

It's the holidays, consoles tend to sell a lot. New Series S owners also probably account for the extra strain on XCloud, since that's the one console easiest available and selling right now.

"All my friends bought It..."

Never said it's offensive. I laughed because this is a meme.

elliot5

Yep I noticed this when I went to test out some cloud gaming at my mom’s over the holidays. Was quite surprised.

Streaming movies is also always inferior in quality to playing blu-ray discs, yet blu-rays are on the verge of becoming extinct.

Once the difference becomes imperceptible to the majority of consumers, streaming will become the leader.
Streaming a movie is different from streaming a game mostly because movies aren’t interactive. Most people can watch a movie, be satisfied and be done with it forever while games are usually played over and over again. A movie is only around 2 hours while games can be dozens of hours requiring precise controls.

I’m sure Cloud gaming will improve, but I feel it still has a ways to go. You need a fast connection which most people seemingly don’t have to get the best out of it. I’m hoping streaming will never become the leader, but yeah you never know.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Christmas time results in increased traffic. I just tried it via the GP app on PC and it loaded into a game in 7 secs. Could be regional.

M16

They better keep the series x for blades for now. Was at gamestop today buying a series s for a family member. They had them in stock and that shit was selling like hotcakes. Everyone was walking away with one

If you think streaming movies is equivalent to streaming games, you're not much into gaming (or technology).

You can download ahead for video. You can't do that for gaming. The amount of possibility for input lag is significant enough it will always be an inferior method. Dedicated hardware for gaming will not go away in the next 30-40 years, if ever.

That does NOT mean Cloud gaming goes away either. It has a place. But it is absolutely not a replacement for dedicated hardware gaming.

Top Bottom