• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems that developers now getting mature at optimization UE4 Dx12 in recent release and updates on PC.

It seems that developers now getting mature at optimization UE4 Dx12 in recent release and updates on PC.

1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Atomic Heart
3) Dead Island 2
4) Gotham knight (Nearly Perfect after the update.
5) Callisto Protocal (Perfect after the update)
6) Returnl.
7) High Life.

I hope that UE5 is better that PSO cache and Pipeline.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah but still, lets not use it. We have the new engine now, which much improved implementation with possibly everything. And I am not even talking about nanite or lumen

daninthemix

1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Atomic Heart
3) Dead Island 2
4) Gotham knight (Nearly Perfect after the update.
5) Callisto Protocal (Perfect after the update)
6) Returnl.
7) High Life.

I hope that UE5 is better that PSO cache and Pipeline.
Callisto is not perfect after the update - it has loading / random stutter besides the PSO stuff at launch.

Cryio

Except for Callisto Protocol that was broken on launch and shaders never actually compiled fully, I'd say it was fine for every DX12 UE4 after the first 5-10 minutes.

DX12 has been possible since UE 4.9, but most games didn't have functional DX12 in UE4 until later.

For example, Darksiders 3 and Darksiders Genesis, 4.19 and 4.22 respectively, are VASTLY faster, or less CPU bound anyway, in DX12 than DX11. And that's relevant for all UE4 games you can launch in DX12.

Cryio

Jedi Survivor is almost out and I´m still waiting for EA to fix Fallen Order UE4!
On one hand, DXVK Async/GPLAsync fixed Fallen Order's stutters almost completely. I did no try to see if the game boots in DX12. If it does, it would probably run even better.

Last edited:
Hogwarts Legacy is not something I'd call optimised. I suppose compared to previous DX12 games you can tell DX12 has improved a lot but it could be so much better. Hogwarts with RTX is almost unplayable due to the insane stuttering. I was playing on a 4080 and had to use frame generation to stay above 60fps lol and that was without RTX on.

I know it'll take a while but we need to move to UE5. That said, if Fortnite is anything to go by then it's going to be a stuttering mess too. Otherwise the UE5 update has significant visual improvements and DX12 stability is a million times better. Prior to the UE5 update it was not worth enabling because it'd crash after like 5 minutes. It's still early days though even for Epic Games. I think UE5.2 is coming soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom