• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki and...?

Vibri

Banned
Who are the other two? (taken from Tokyopia)

trio.jpg

aku:jiki

Isn't the hippie Tecmo's other rockstar producer, the one that poses with guitars and did Rygar?

I dunno, I'm too lazy to look up the magazine I have with an interview with him in it.

Edit: Sorry for the serious answer. :(

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Satoshi Kanematsu, producer of Rygar/Monster Rancher and in many ways weirder than Itagaki.

RiZ III

That picture was taken after the three got high snorting fumes from Itagaki's soiled school girl panties collection.

john tv

Ahhh Itagaki... He's changed so much over the years -- he's like a totally different person now. When me and CJ (and Mark, was it?) first met him like six or seven years ago he was this shy, quiet dude who wore a t-shirt and shorts and was all humble and nice. Now he's like, J-Fonzie, with his long hair, his shades, his leather and his attitude. I'm sure he's enjoying his newfound fame but I wonder if that's really him or what.

Meier

Itagaki.jpg

Pic I snagged of him at the MS conference this year.. hard to say if he or the guy talking to him had worse skin.

john tv said:
Ahhh Itagaki... He's changed so much over the years -- he's like a totally different person now. When me and CJ (and Mark, was it?) first met him like six or seven years ago he was this shy, quiet dude who wore a t-shirt and shorts and was all humble and nice. Now he's like, J-Fonzie, with his long hair, his shades, his leather and his attitude. I'm sure he's enjoying his newfound fame but I wonder if that's really him or what.

itageeky.jpg

We can all thank Microsoft.

Oh well, it will be nice to watch his house of cards come tumbling down when he can no longer boast about the "graphical advantage" on his MS leash next generation.

Tellaerin

The Take Out Bandit said:
We can all thank Microsoft.

Oh well, it will be nice to watch his house of cards come tumbling down when he can no longer boast about the "graphical advantage" on his MS leash next generation.

While all of Itagaki's games have boasted impressive visuals, they've also all been fun to play, regardless of what the the elitist 3D fighter geeks say. With Ninja Gaiden, even people who can't stand the DOA series have been forced to admit that the man knows how to turn out a damn fine action/adventure. I know from previous posts that Itagaki's attitude rubs you the wrong way, but that doesn't diminish the entertainment value of his games. I think any future titles from him are liable to provide players with a good time regardless of hardware specs, whether on Xenon or the Nintendo DS.

Yes, Itagaki has made some enjoyable games on the Saturn, DC, and PS2 before MS started paying him per word.

The difference being, he wasn't the sole purveyor of quality software on those platforms, and as a result his teams software was consistently overshadowed. Team Ninja owes it's current level of success, and Itagaki's big mouth in particular, to the captive Xbox audience.

A bottom tier fighter like DOA looks great when it's no longer competing against Virtua Fighter and Tekken for market share.

Ninja Gaiden would have been Devil May Cry Ninja Edition on any other console.

Again, it's going to be fun to watch Itagaki's house of cards come tumbling down when he can no longer boast a graphical advantage over the other hardware out there, and has to compete based on content alone.

Granted there will always be those that overreact to his shameless pandering by padding their scores accordingly. In the long run, he'll always be Suzuki and Mikami's bitch.

Enjoy!

I'll be around next gen for the laughs. ^_^

Oh hilarity indeed, I assure you.

He would walk out of there with no face and his katana shoved up his narrow ass.

I'd then go beat that Rygar twat to death with his guitar.

Then I'd take Itagaki's face, and the corpse of Mr. Rygar to the Unison team's office, and show them, "THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU DO NOT MAKE A SEQUEL TO UNISON!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!!!!!"

Fortunately, I still feel my life is worth living without a lifetime of incarceration and gobs o' anal sex. So this fantasy will have to remain as such, until that aspect of my personality comes to the fore. ^_^

Top Bottom