• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki defeat TECMO & words about his next game

To All of My Fans:

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your great help and words of encouragement which have been extended to me so far. I can't hardly wait for the day of announcing my newest work in progress to you all, but I promise you now that I will deliver to you an enjoyable game with depth that surpasses all the games I created before, and is worthy of being world-class entertainment.

Please continue your unwavering support for me.

-Tomonobu Itagaki"

More about the lawsuit here:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178130

God, I can't wait.

bjork

As long as he's doing something that allows him to talk mass shit, that's all I need. I don't even care if his game is good, his attitude can sell me on it either way.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
a Master Ninja said:
Somebody avatar quote me.

me me me!!! I saw it like one hour ago, and I thought... when!? I never knew it would be so soon! :lol :lol

j61kz7.jpg

BocoDragon

jufonuk said:
only by a minute... dammit I nearly done it :D
Don't worry... you're only like second best or whatever :lol :lol

Itagaki said:
Please continue your unwavering support for me.

What a straight up pimp!!! :lol :lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
BocoDragon said:
Don't worry... you're only like second best or whatever :lol :lol

"If you ain't first, you're last."

but on a more serious note, I am looking forward to seeing what he has in the pipeline.

What I want: A brand new kickass action IP in the vein of a Ninja Gaiden.

What I expect: An action oriented Natal game.

Either way, I'm so eager to see what hes got for E3. :D

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hopefully whatever he comes up with next is technically impressive and not such a dissapointment as NG2 was.

Itagaki is supposed to be the scapegoat for the whole damn machine? SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But for real, Itagaki never ceases to amaze me so whatever he's got up his sleeve is gonna be the crack.

BocoDragon

Psychotext said:
I was wondering what was going on with that lawsuit recently. Good that they got it sorted.
Yeah I bet he got it sorted... he probably seduced the judge's niece and got him to play nice, then sent his ninja to Tecmo to "convince" them of his case. All's well that ends well in the life of a pimp, u know...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This little bit of info is more than enough to keep me happy for Itagaki's status - dude's the reason why I loved Team Ninja games, and made Ninja Gaiden the only action series I'll love, and his interviews are the best bar none - no bullshit, no PC modesty, just nothing but the truth...

Can't wait to see what he's up to, it's been way too long...

PSGames

Revelations said:
Boy, he better impress or there will be a lotta egg. :lol

The man gave us Tecmo Bowl. Single-handedly saved Tecmo from Bankruptcy with Dead or Alive and then created the greatest action game of all time in Ninja Gaiden. Yeah I don't think we have much to worry about :D

Majmun

I always thought Team Ninja was overrated. Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox is basically the only Itagaki game I have ever liked.

But I'm still kinda interested in his projects, and his quotes.

abacab driver said:
What I want: A brand new kickass action IP in the vein of a Ninja Gaiden.

What I expect: An action oriented Natal game.

Either way, I'm so eager to see what hes got for E3. :D

If I remember correctly, he said he would like to create something different this time around, i.e. not an action game.

Maybe an action RPG?

Wrath2X said:
Can't wait till Blood and Boobs III: Number of The Breast

:lol

I think Nintendo should've gone for Itagaki alone instead of Team Ninja for Metroid: Other M. They probably did but were dissatisfied when all they saw of Samus were jigglies.

The_Dude

Didn't he criticize Hideki Kamiya for leaving Capcom bit still making the same sort of game he was making when he was with them? Itagaki's game surely won't be similar to Ninja Gaiden, if that's the case.

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
If I remember correctly, he said he would like to create something different this time around, i.e. not an action game.

Maybe an action RPG?

Oh boy, he could make a monster of an action-rpg gameplay wise..but there needs to be a good story there to carry a whole rpg (and story is definitely not a strong suit for Itagaki & friends).

If I had to bet on something, it'd be on an action oriented Natal game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lunchbox said:
kamiya am cry

hopefully MS will put him on stage and showcase it like they did with cliffyB

Has anything been announced about who he's working with for his unannounced project ?

Top Bottom