• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki's New Game Announced on SpikeTV (Devil's Third)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
rock if cold

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/08/itagaki_new_game/

The man behind Dead or Alive and the modern Ninja Gaiden games will at long last be coming out of his ninja cave next week. In a post at the Valhalla Game Studios corporate site, Tomonobu Itagaki announced that the newly formed independent studio will be going public with its first game at E3.

"Hello, this is Tomonobu Itagaki. I have an important announcement to make," began a post dated today (6/8). "This year, at the E3 show, we have decided to go public with the latest game we are working on right now at Valhalla Game Studios."

He didn't provide details on the game, but it does look like it will be a major release. Continued the post, "In the past, I created four unique games - 'Dead or Alive,' 'Ninja Gaiden,' 'DOA Xtreme,' and 'NG Dragon Sword.' Thus, this announcement will be the fifth all-new project in my lifetime."

The post is available in both English and Japanese, so see for yourself if you can parse it for any further clues.

Itagaki is Chief Technical Officer & Game Design Lead at Valhalla, a studio he formed with fellow former Tecmo employee Satoshi Kanematsu, who serves as the studio's CEO.

Past updates at the official site have suggested that the studio's first game would be for HD game consoles, but an actual platform has not yet been announced. It is worth noting, however, that since announcing the formation of Valhalla, Itagaki has restarted his monthly development column in Famitsu Xbox 360, so his ties with Microsoft do seem to be intact.

Edit: Mod abuse - Valhalla Game Studios to unveil first project on SpikeTV's pre-E3 show

http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/en/

Valhalla Game Studios' latest game will be exclusively revealed on Friday 11th June at 8:30pm Pacific Time on Spike TV's pre-E3 show as well as in exclusive interviews on Eurogamer, Famitsu and Kotaku. (June 11, 2010)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A Train Simulator!

BELIEVE!

Luigiv

Just getting this out early before everyone starts asking for them:

This game will not be either a Fighter or a Hack and Slash!

Itagaki has said countless times, that after DoA4 and NG2, he is done with those genres. As such, I can't wait to see what he'll do next :D.

Edit: I should have read the OP first, he practically said it himself again :lol. Oh well I'm still leaving this up for iterations sake.

GeekyDad

Majine said:
Boobs or bust.

I see what you did there...

Yeah, I'm eager to see what the man has been up to. Personally, I'll be disappointed if it's something that leans too heavily on stuff he's already done in the past.

nuke.jpg

dili

Luigiv said:

Itagaki has said countless times, that after DoA4 and NG2, he is done with those genres (source pending). As such, I can't wait to see what he'll do next :D.
I read that too....

I'm guessing an rpg? He never finished Code Cronus at Team NINJA and an action-rpg is what is was assumed always to have been.

Though him tackling a 3rd person cover shooter like Mikami is doing might be the safest bet.

Blader5489 said:
Whatever happened to all that Code Cronus and Project Progressive stuff?
I honestly doubt that ever existed. He mentioned it in one interview then never again.

TreIII

Luigiv said:

Itagaki has said countless times, that after DoA4 and NG2, he is done with those genres. As such, I can't wait to see what he'll do next :D.

Edit: I should have read the OP first, he practically said it himself again :lol. Oh well I'm still leaving this up for iterations sake.

Guy can talk a LOT of trash ("Weaker dog barks more"? :lol), but I do look forward to whatever the hell he's doing now.

I still hope that whatever he makes is fighting/beat 'em up themed. There's still a LOT of ground to cover in a genre relating to punching a guy in the face. :lol

TreIII said:
I still hope that whatever he makes is fighting/beat 'em up themed. There's still a LOT of ground to cover in a genre relating to punching a guy in the face. :lol

GAFs misplaced hopes shine yet again.

What has this guy really done other than follow in the shadows of Suzuki and Mikami through his entire career until an MS subsidy finally made his paltry offerings relevant to a starved audience?

You missed some real awesome experimental titles from Dream Factory and Lightweight. Two developers who formerly tried to push these genres forward, but were met with heavy resistance because they were ten years too early.

:D Hyped! NGB is my fav action adventure game and in my all time top ten. So I'll give whatever he does next a shot as long as its not an Island Bikini Volleyball simulator lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DieH@rd said:
Is this really Dahbombs new avatar? :lol What happened to Virgil?

thcsquad

Luigiv said:

I'm hoping it breaks new ground for boob physics in puzzle games.

Top Bottom