• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy: Pokémon Moon and Sun pre orders are the bigger of the series since ever

diaspora

yeah, no shit.

get more eyeballs on the IP with an incredibly popular app and that interest materializes even if marginally in other products

Menitta

Name your pokemon after stands.

Just need a dolphin GameFreak.

c9adcb259911516de182c65207ff34d0.jpg

platocplx

Wont lie Go made me get back into the pokemon games. Right now playing soul sliver and trying to complete platinum and black so i can move all my pokemon to sun and moon at some point.

jnWake

I like megas. It adds more options to team building and some designs like Mega Banette, Lucario, Gallade, Altaria and Blaziken are really cool.

Vena

Well I was talking about abilities.

Pokemon themselves will never get buffs or nerfs until Game Freak get off their lazy asses and actually start editing some of their base stats.

They've buffed several.

They also nerfed special damaging moves but not enough. Also need a special Intimidate.

But Nintendo has nothing to do with pokemon go, they aren't gonna benefit........
Wut? There is no denying that Pokémon becoming mainstream again even if only temporarily will have a positive effect (however small) on SM's sales and that will benefit Nintendo. Additionally although they were not a main developer or benefactor for Pokémon Go they certainly did have some influence over it and will benefit somewhat from it.

I would preorder but I don't know which version to get. I don't think they've revealed any version differences so far except the cover legendaries, who don't matter to me.

I can see it. Pokemon Go got my family talking about buying 3DS's for Pokemon.

I like megas but I think most of the evolutions are overdesigned. Sableeye's is what every mega should be. Swampert's is pretty good too.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I can see it. Pokemon Go got my family talking about buying 3DS's for Pokemon.

I like megas but I think most of the evolutions are overdesigned. Sableeye's is what every mega should be. Swampert's is pretty good too.

One of my favourie mega evolution is mega metagross. I think this design is perfect

latest

mr.beers

Pokemon Go effect and it's not surprising.

If it weren't for Go I wouldn't even have considered buying another Pokemon game. I can't wait.

Same. Restarted XY and close to beating it. Looked at Sun and Moon and loving the new battle UI it's exactly what the series needs.

RexNovis

Banned
Ryng it might be wise to specify "in Italy" in the OP and title. Nvm. I'm clearly blind and/or not a morning person. Also, what on earth happened to your avatar?

Gorillaz

I don't think it can do 90s level saturation but Im interested if Go will actually cause a 2nd wind for alot of people out of the series.

Well see later this year once go probably slows down a bit.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I still think Sun and Moon look boring thanks to that tropical setting. Also the starters are horrible.

I dunno I feel that the Alola region looks to be a lot more interesting than the snooze fest paint by the number region that was Kalos.

Plus judging from the E3 trainer battle and early footage, the game is just oozing with charm that X and Y was oh so so lacking.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I have no idea what Mar is who Rolan is. Just surprised you're using a non Nintendo avatar. (Unless I'm mistaken of course)

Mar is an anime i watched a year ago, and i just starter to see again.

Usually i don't like Anime very much, but i always loved the style. That's why most of times i using Videogames with Anime style as avatar, Fire Emblem most of times. ;)

Rolan is just a guy from this anime...

RexNovis

Banned
Mar is an anime i watched a year ago, and i just starter to see again.

Usually i don't like Anime very much, but i always loved the style. That's why most of times i using Videogames with Anime style as avatar, Fire Emblem most of times. ;)

Rolan is just a guy from this anime...

Wait...That's a dude?!?!? Never in a million years would I have thought that.

Go has got me pumped to play a real pokemon game, but they seem to odd now. Too many pokemon and X/Y was super easy. You shouldn't be able to stroll through a water gym with a fire pokemon and not lose at all...

The hype for pokemon on NX will be insane. They better not do another 3DS sequel. Go straight to NX after S/M

Neoxon

I still find it funny how the most successful mobile game based on Nintendo IPs isn't even part of Nintendo's mobile game initiative.

That said, I'm glad that Pokémon GO is bringing more hype to the mainline games.

I haven't played a mainline Pokemon game since Black, (never finished White 2), but I always thought mega-evolutions are a bit too Digimon territory. I guess its better than 150 new Pokemon where 2/3's are retreads or just awful in design.

That being said, after seeing the new Pokemon, lol. This is probably the first generation where I don't like a single starters look. Even stuff like Fennekin, Chespin and Tepig, while having awful final forms, had nice first forms. Bring on the synchros and mega's.

Definitely benefiting from Pokemon Go. Got lapsed fans like myself interested in Pokemon on a short-term basis again.

Best wishes.

Top Bottom