• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

It's a mystery- Media Molecule tease?

Dead Prince

Banned
Dec 7, 2007
www.soukthachonevilaysack.com
an adventure game editor. Tearaway is a small game that will have the same idea but expanded on the ps4 game. it will have a full fledged map editor including enemy editor and whatnot which will allow you to easily create content. the future is here guys.

StuBurns

Banned
Jan 9, 2008
Also the first time you turn on your PS4, Stephen Fry greets you and walks you though the set up process!

GET TO IT SONY!
I really wanted that after LBP was released. And he should get you to make a Sackboy of your own as your avatar.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oct 29, 2006
everything should be leaked by 20th, Sony is so wank at keeping secrets

A lot of hardware stuff gets leaked but they're usually pretty good about keeping games secret. How they were able to keep Last of Us and ND's second team under wraps for two years I'll never know.

EDIT: Aw man, my previous post got #50'd :(

Pachterballs

Banned
Jun 2, 2010
please don't be disgustingly cute. :/

I don't like their (LBP) aesthetics + sounds although I like how tearaway looks

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oct 29, 2006
please don't be disgustingly cute. :/

I don't like their (LBP) aesthetics + sounds although I like how tearaway looks

I think that LBP's style would be incredible to use as a way of connecting people to the machine. Sackboys being very customizeable also helps. They're appealing to a lot of core gamers and they're also approachable by casuals. They're not as off putting as Avatars or Miis.

dreamfall

Sep 27, 2009
d.c. baby!
www.neogaf.com
My goodness- Kaz is everywhere!

Avatar faces switched, NeoGAF.gif implanted with his mug, KazthePsycho gif- I think I'm going crazy!

Bring on February 20th- the invasion of Kaz has been a mindfuck!

Whatever Media Molecule are up to, I'm hoping it'll be revealed there along with a new Tearaway trailer!

daoster

Dec 20, 2007
www.musicaloccupation.com
I think that LBP's style would be incredible to use as a way of connecting people to the machine. Sackboys being very customizeable also helps. They're appealing to a lot of core gamers and they're also approachable by casuals. They're not as off putting as Avatars or Miis.

Yeap. I think the Sackboys are like the Android robots from Google. Cute, and ripe for a lot of customization! I think it'd be great to have them as the virtual avatars for Sony PS4, if they go that route.

Dec 3, 2011
UK
I love the idea of a LBP/Home type hybrid, although i think using Sackboys (and girls) is a little too "on the nose" so to speak.

If i were a betting man, i would suggest that they could be making a social tool like Miiverse but it won't be a Sackboy/LBP themed tool.

Mikey Jr.

Dec 5, 2008
Toronto
I'm excited. LPB was a decent game. Not my cup of tea, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Why am I excited? Because the social features of LPB2 were fucking FANTASTIC. Building levels and linking them, being able to comment, heart, favourite, put tags, but also go on their website, and do the same thing from their website. Queuing up levels and then hoping on LPB2 and the levels were there, ready for you to play.

That was really their first foray into the whole thing.

I truly am excited what we are going to see with the PS4 and their second go at it.

Mokubba

Sep 9, 2012
The Kaz gifs are killing me lol.

Have Media Molecule expanded a lot since they made LBP. I didn't know they had two teams.

Endo Punk

Sep 4, 2011
Evolution Studio is about the only Euro studio I'm interested in. Love the Motorstorm games on PS3 and I look forward to what they have to show at the meeting.

PaulLFC

Jun 30, 2010
www.twitter.com
Wasn't "BigFest" rumoured to be Sony's new social service for PS4? Which would tie in with the speculation earlier that MM is working on some sort of social app or service.

Zia

Oct 15, 2011
Wasn't "BigFest" rumoured to be Sony's new social service for PS4? Which would tie in with the speculation earlier that MM is working on some sort of social app or service.

It's like an alternate reality Rare where, if that is in fact what Media Molecule are working on it will be spectacular, beautiful and intuitive.

3rdamention

Oct 27, 2006
She's the voice in Teletubbies.

Teletubbies looks like a 3D cloth world.

LittleBigPlanet looks like a 2D cloth world.

LittleBigPlanet 64, coming soon.

Wow just stop it...That makes sense and has me pumped...3D LBP? The possibilities...