• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been 5 years since the last console ZELDA was revealed. Is it time for another?

camineet

Banned
Reggie:
"But before you leave, I'd like you to step inside one, more world for Nintendo GameCube"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pB647PE-80

Crowd:
'Oh My God!'
'Oh Shit !'
'Oh MY GOD!!!!!'

zelda5.jpg

thelegendofzeldagcn_051104_009_640w.jpg

thelegendofzeldagcn_051104_008_640w.jpg

thelegendofzeldagcn_051104_010_640w.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20040512101055817.jpg

12_1513_0.jpg

miyamoto%20zelda.jpg

It was the greatest thing at an E3, EVER.

That was 5 years ago.

I feel it's time for another one.

Nintendo/EAD's main Zelda team will have had the entirety of 2007 and 2008 to come up with new, fresh ideas for Zelda Wii (and hopefully MotionPlus), plus nearly half of 2009.

I think it might be too much to expect Zelda Wii to be released this year, but I don't think it's too soon for Nintendo to reveal it. Why not? Almost every website is predicting Nintendo will show it. How else is Nintendo gonna get gamers excited again, after a horrid E3 2008? Not with the next Mario, it's too soon. Galaxy was released in 2007 and it was always intended to be a 2007 game. Twilight Princess was released in 2006 but it was originally intended to be a 2005 game, on GameCube. So I feel it's time.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
5 years since the last reveal? Wow. Has it even been 5 days since the last thread about a new console Zelda game?

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
That was the most embarrassingly immature display of bullshit from a crowd of supposed professionals I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I would love it to be at E3, but I have a feeling that it won't. It definitely should, and they should reveal it in a similar way: at the end with Miyamoto awesomeness.

JSnake

alistairw said:
That was the most embarrassingly immature display of bullshit from a crowd of supposed professionals I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing.

this was back when E3 was open to the public

yoopoo

Banned
The reveal was awesome...too bad the game itself turned out to be complete opposite. Maybe at next GDC they'll show the new Zelda.

JaseMath

My buddy works at a marketing/post house in LA - he says they were commissioned about a month ago by Nintendo to work on something BIG for E3. He knows I'm a Nintendo fanboy and he keeps taunting me, keeps telling me I'm "going to pass out." He's sworn to absolute secrecy...guess we'll see.

EDIT: Talking to him on AIM now - "project is a massive undertaking. Will undoubtedly be the talk of the show. It's 'BIG'."

Jme

Gravijah said:
I need a reason other than Animal Crossing City Folk to buy a Wii, please.

Hate to break it to you but, this is not a reason, what so ever. (I like Animal Crossing series for the record)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
alistairw said:

Seriously, wtf, :lol

And why did they use music from Conan The Barbarian?

JasonMCG said:
My buddy works at a marketing/post house in LA - he says they were commissioned about a month ago by Nintendo to work on something BIG for E3. He knows I'm a Nintendo fanboy and he keeps taunting me, keeps telling me I'm "going to pass out." He's sworn to absolute secrecy...guess we'll see.

So, Zelda on PS360?:D

camineet

Banned
JasonMCG said:

oh my! can't wait.

JSnake

JasonMCG said:

OMFG MARIO UNIVERSE, SMASH BROS ROYALE, ZELDA WII, PIKMIN 3, METROID DREAD, AND KID ICARUS CONFIRMED

Gravijah said:

If Mario Galaxy, mad world, punch-out, excitetruck, supersmash bros brawl, mario kart wii, sin & punishment, and Klonoa don't convince you. NOTHING WILL

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
JasonMCG said:
Wii Music 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Gravijah

Anticitizen One said:
If Mario Galaxy, mad world, punch-out, excitetruck, supersmash bros brawl, mario kart wii, sin & punishment, and Klonoa don't convince you. NOTHING WILL

I'm not saying there aren't other games I want, it's just... Animal Crossing City Folk is the big reason I want a Wii. Gasp! Well, Mario Galaxy, too, though I played a bit of that already and I've beaten SSBB on another persons Wii.

billy.sea

Banned
"Before you leave, would you please finish all the Zelda that we have been cloning for years.
And enter the new revolution of the Zelda series."

That's what I want to hear. Not another Zelda that follow the same formula.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Gravijah said:
Is this an alternate universe where City Folk is a reason to get a Wii and Galaxy, Brawl, and Corruption aren't?

Gravijah

JSnake said:
Oh you did? I wish I could beat that game. 500+ hours and no end in sight. :(

Well, I didn't 100% it, but I put in a ton of time and did most of what interested me like collecting all the music, and unlocking everything. Nevermind the fact that I'm bitter that said person sold the Wii to someone else so I kind of lost all my progress.

JaseMath

Talking to him on AIM now. He says it's definitely a Wii title, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a game by Nintendo. Still swears to my excitement about it, though.

tracch

On one hand a reveal and look at a new Zelda would be AWSOME

On the other, we all know it will be FAR away from release and that sucks.

camineet

Banned
JasonMCG said:
Talking to him on AIM now. He says it's definitely a Wii title, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a game by Nintendo. Still swears to my excitement about it, though.

Just ask him straight out "Is it Zelda?" , and see what he says.

Loved the reveal, what an awesome experience. Loved the game as well aside from the glow bug collecting shit or whatever those things were. Hopefully, this new one does the trick even more so...

*crosses fingers*

JasonMCG said:

Bum bum bummmmm

Chittagong

Gold Member
JasonMCG said:

Exciting title for Wii by Nintendo or 3rd party CONFIRMED right there bitches

Osuwari

i want them to announce a new zelda already so ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE I KNOW STOP ASKING ME ABOUT IT!

its becoming very annoying. nowadays i just answer "nothing" when people ask me that.

E3 has always required that you work in the gaming industry or the press. Unfortunately at one point they kinda expanded the definition of "working in the industry" to include "retail monkeys working at game stores" and "the press" as "anyone with a blog", and that's what caused E3 to get out of hand. They tried to reign it in, but a lot of people still made it in that shouldn't have been. That's when they went stupid and decided to make it a tiny, invite-only event, and didn't invite very many game developers.

As for Zelda, it's only been a few months since they revealed the next major Zelda game (Spirit Tracks), why do you care if the game system it's on is handheld rather than tied to a TV? There's no way in heck Nintendo would announce two major Zelda games in the same year.

camineet

Banned
Osuwari said:
i want them to announce a new zelda already so ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE I KNOW STOP ASKING ME ABOUT IT!

its becoming very annoying. nowadays i just answer "nothing" when people ask me that.

Is a new Zelda coming out? Will it be shown at E3? Tell me!

Linkhero1

Osuwari said:

But where will it end? Once it is announced people will keep on making threads and threads about how awesome it's going to be. Then when it does come out people will create complaint threads. After about a million LTTP threads, we'll be back where we are. :p

I'm fucking dying for another console Zelda game. I sunk 52 hours into TP. LOVED it.

Not the garbage they put on the DS.

edit: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Holy shit at the douche bag reactions in that video.

Top Bottom