• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been 5 years since the last console ZELDA was revealed. Is it time for another?

Andrew2

Banned
I'll be honest, but I haven't found the lastest batch of console Zelda titles to be great. So to answer the question, then there shouldn't be another Zelda unless Nintendo actually "fix" the series and stop acting like its 1986 when it come the franchise.

Don't get me wrong now, but while I appreciate Nintendo's efforts in trying to bring us a "mature" Zelda with Zelda:ZP, in reality the game was the same rehased elements and everything was stuck in 1986 rather than being a 21st century zelda.

Why Nintendo isn't paying any attension to the lastest crop of action games(may it be Ninja Gaiden,DMC or GOW) or games like Drakan:TAG, I don't know, but those games actually have the elements to it take to make a 21st century Zelda title great. In fact I think a 8 year old comparable game like Drakan:TAG outo Zelda:TP in many areas.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
camineet said:
Thanks guys!
2s7hqu8.gif

wRATH2x

Banned
Welcome back!

I have doubted you, we all doubted you. But you were right, and like a phoenix you rose from the ashes!

You are the second coming of christ.

Jackano

The good thing if we get TP2 or a direct sequel whatever how its named, is the possibility to see Midna again. She has a lot of fans and I'm not going to blame Nintendo if they want to respond on this demand.

Dr.Hadji

Andrew2 said:
Why Nintendo isn't paying any attension to the lastest crop of action games(may it be Ninja Gaiden,DMC or GOW) or games like Drakan:TAG, I don't know, but those games actually have the elements to it take to make a 21st century Zelda title great. In fact I think a 8 year old comparable game like Drakan:TAG outo Zelda:TP in many areas.

Ok, people have lost their ever loving minds. You have got to be kidding.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Andrew2 said:
Don't get me wrong now, but while I appreciate Nintendo's efforts in trying to bring us a "mature" Zelda with Zelda:ZP, in reality the game was the same rehased elements and everything was stuck in 1986 rather than being a 21st century zelda.

Well, nice to see some new complaints for once.

Also, welcome back, Camineet!

Xrenity

I've been starting over TP this week and my god is that game awesome.

Actually even better than I remember it to be.

First dungeon is great.

Hobbun

camineet said:
Well, my ban is over, and I know I fucked up royally (an understatement) on Tueday night during the Miyamoto roundtable... God, and it was so funny because I was almost redeemed when Zelda was semi kinda sorta revealed...the artwork...Oh god the hilarity, and thank you to all of those who voiced their opinions stating that I should be brought back, in various threads. I really suffered that night :D :lol

Good to see you back!

Your banning became the talk of the Miyamoto thread, really spruced it up. We actually were almost petitioning to have the ban removed as you were partially right. :lol

Xrenity said:
I've been starting over TP this week and my god is that game awesome.

Actually even better than I remember it to be.

First dungeon is great.

That's funny. I started it over this past Sunday. Haven't played since I finished it a couple years ago. I always enjoyed the game, and I'm liking it just as much this time.

I'm a fan of Wind Waker as well. I'd play through it more often if it weren't for the stealth barrel parts toward the beginning. I hate stealth, it's just so un-fun to me.

camineet said:
Well, my ban is over, and I know I fucked up royally (an understatement) on Tueday night during the Miyamoto roundtable... God, and it was so funny because I was almost redeemed when Zelda was semi kinda sorta revealed...the artwork...Oh god the hilarity, and thank you to all of those who voiced their opinions stating that I should be brought back, in various threads. I really suffered that night :D :lol
Yes, don't try any of your psychic thread preparation powers again camineet.

wRATH2x

Banned
Metal B said:
Wind Waker Effect?
This happened with every Zelda after OoT. When Majora first came out a lot of people hated it and now it's The best Zelda out there to some people. Wind Waker got a lot of hate and now almost every Zelda fan love's the game. Now it's TP's turn.

OnPoint

Wrath2X said:
This happened with every Zelda after OoT. When Majora first came out a lot of people hated it and now it's The best Zelda out there to some people. Wind Waker got a lot of hate and now almost every Zelda fan love's the game. Now it's TP's turn.

Good point. It's amazing what happens when people play a game for what it is, rather than condemning it for falling short of what they think it should be. I hate hype and what it does to people.

wRATH2x

Banned
OnPoint said:
Good point. It's amazing what happens when people play a game for what it is, rather than condemning it for falling short of what they think it should be. I hate hype and what it does to people.
I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of hate for the next Zelda, and how Twilight Princess is the true Zelda experience:lol

OnPoint

Wrath2X said:
I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of hate for the next Zelda, and how Twilight Princess is the true Zelda experience:lol

Spinning top defense force assemble

It's a good game, like pretty much anything else with the Zelda name. I'll just sit back and laugh at all the arguements.

wRATH2x

Banned
OnPoint said:
Spinning top defense force assemble

It's a good game, like pretty much anything else with the Zelda name. I'll just sit back and laugh at all the arguements.
It was always a great game, I'd argue that if it wasn't for 8.8 most of these sheep wouldn't have complained.

Top Bottom