• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its been over two years since the last travelers tales lego game....

Umbasaborne

Banned
These guys were pumping out two, some times 3 lego games a year. Its kind of insane that they just stopped. The skywalker saga was announced two years ago. That game seems like its having bigger issues besides just covid. Maybe tt just cant keep up anymore, or the games scope ballooned so much, that its stuck in development hell. I get the feeling that if we dont have a new date by January 2022, the game is likely to get scrapped.

Cryio

Besides just being a new title with the Rise of Skywalker content, they want to remake all the other games in the latest version of their engine and having all operate from within the same hub world.

I guess that's a lot of re-engineering from scratch a lot of stuff.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Besides just being a new title with the Rise of Skywalker content, they want to remake all the other games in the latest version of their engine and having all operate from within the same hub world.

I guess that's a lot of re-engineering from scratch a lot of stuff.
Props on them for doing something more ambitious, its just crazy that they have been quiet about it for so long.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Studio's been in a sorry state since before Covid. Some of the management gaffes I've heard about are just atrocious, lots of key staff have left (and this was a place with a really high turnover anyway), and yeah... its not good at all.

Cravis

They made some good stuff. I really enjoyed Lego Dimensions. Shame it was tied to the toys to life bubble which killed it. I was really looking forward to the next season to see what licenses they had obtained.

Kuranghi

I'm glad they stopped the rapid output because a few of them were pretty bad overall, they had great elements but certain caveats brought them down, like the forced "random loot" system in Lego Hobbit, lots of bugs in Lego LotR and Lego Incredibles was just boring for me so I gave up.

I haven't played Lego Marvel 2 or Lego DC Super Villains but I didn't like Lego Marvel 1 (Everyone seems to LOVE this one but I found Lego Batman 3 and Lego Avengers much better than it, the open world stuff was really really rote and repetitive, at least the other games tried a bit more in this dept) so I've not rushed to it, oh and I lost my coop partner and they just aren't the same on your own, even the "bad" ones are fun with a coop buddy.

I'm hopeful the Skywalker Saga will be good but yeah it does seem like its in some trouble given how long its been without updates.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Good riddance. It felt so uninspired.

I played Indiana Jones, Star Wars original saga, and parts of Lego Movie and Harry Potter. Harry Potter was quite a bit of a let down, and Lego Movie from what I played used the same gameplay puzzle for like two encounters within a 15 minute period.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Studio's been in a sorry state since before Covid. Some of the management gaffes I've heard about are just atrocious, lots of key staff have left (and this was a place with a really high turnover anyway), and yeah... its not good at all.
I didnt know about the management issues, i figured it had to be something more than covid

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Yeah it’s too bad. They put out some fairly consistently great games.

I’d love to see some kind of Nintendo collaboration. A comic-relief LEGO Zelda game could be quite fun.

How about a Squid Game Lego?
They might have run out of ideas to cover. Need to move on to other media, books, Manga, European stuff.

Robb

Gold Member
So something like 3D Dot Game Heroes?
That could work as well.

But I was thinking something like a more traditional 3D Zelda (something more like OOT rather than e.g. Link’s Awakening) but with a LEGO theme.
0chTk4K.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom