• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's crazy how there hasn't been another live action TMNT since the 3rd one.

Blade2.0

Just crazy. You'd think they'd want to keep such an amazing IP going with multiple live action films but not a one since the third one in the 90s. Fucking crazy. The 05 CGI one wasn't that bad, either. You think they'll ever make a new live action TMNT?!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dance GIF by Paramount Movies

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The first movie is basically the First Comic with bits from the first 10 comics by Eastman and Laird. Which is a great story. TMNT 1 has the rooftop battle with Shredder, they kill him in TMNT 1. And then E&L come back write the series with them getting kicked by Shredder returned, going to the farm (but it is Leo that is hurt) they regroup and Leo cuts off Shredders head in a 1 on 1 dual.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There were plans (and a script) for a fourth TMNT movie in the late 90s that never happened.

Hc5lsYC.png

Would have loved for this to be a reality.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I do love that first movie.

I remember news stories about the worry over an 18 minute fight sequence.

Karmic Raze

I loved those movies, especially the first two. They seemed to get worse as they went along, though. First was best, second was almost as good, and the third was meh. I only saw the first TMNT CGI movie, but I liked it. I need to see the second one if it has Krang!

ManaByte

Gold Member
I loved those movies, especially the first two. They seemed to get worse as they went along, though. First was best, second was almost as good, and the third was meh. I only saw the first TMNT CGI movie, but I liked it. I need to see the second one if it has Krang!
Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Krang-e1463288286106.jpg

Blade2.0

The first movie is basically the First Comic with bits from the first 10 comics by Eastman and Laird. Which is a great story. TMNT 1 has the rooftop battle with Shredder, they kill him in TMNT 1. And then E&L come back write the series with them getting kicked by Shredder returned, going to the farm (but it is Leo that is hurt) they regroup and Leo cuts off Shredders head in a 1 on 1 dual.
The 2003 animated show did that adaptation so well.

Trunx81

If you want to know why the 2nd movie killed the franchise, watch this. Explains it quite well. The first part is also quite good.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

If you want to know why the 2nd movie killed the franchise, watch this. Explains it quite well. The first part is also quite good.

Why did they change April for TMNT SOTO? The girl in 1 was not traditional April but she was good. They should have kept her for 2.

ElRenoRaven

Why did they change April for TMNT SOTO? The girl in 1 was not traditional April but she was good. They should have kept her for 2.
From everything I've read and seen apparently she was hard to get along with because she was always complaining about the shooting schedule and violence level in the movie and also apparently fought against them using a cartoon accurate look for her costume. As a result she wasn't asked back for the sequel.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
From everything I've read and seen apparently she was hard to get along with because she was always complaining about the shooting schedule and violence level in the movie and also apparently fought against them using a cartoon accurate look for her costume. As a result she wasn't asked back for the sequel.
That will do it, get in the movie and be difficult.

Trunx81

She f*ckd Raphael? 😬

I’m actually glad that they canceled the series. The German dub had these weird noises for each hit, to make it more kids friendly.

ElRenoRaven

Im prolly the only one who liked the third one where they go back to Japan, also had a nice soundtrack.
No I liked it. I won't defend it because it was awful but it was a case of it was so bad it's good to me. I agree the soundtrack was great. The action wasn't bad. The script could have used some tweaks dialog wise and story wise and then it could have been great. The biggest offender and why I can't help but laugh is just the god awful animatronics and designs of the turtles and splinter though. Those were awful but awful in a way you couldn't help but laugh. I still very much enjoy it though in spite of all this. It's why I own the entire 3 movies on Blu-Ray.

Scotty W

Gold Member
I loved the first two, but the third came out too late. I saw it years later and thought it was really funny. I would kill to see a new movie shot in the same style with an old skool script.

Top Bottom