• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing." - Shia LaBeouf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/18/interview-transformers-shia-labeouf-loves-civilization-iv/
What videogames did you like playing growing up?
Mortal Kombat, Doom, Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario Kart

What's your favorite videogame memory from when you were younger?
I remember playing Mario Kart with my Dad for the first time and this is after years of my Dad just s****ing on videogames. Just like you're a loser. Finally, after playing Mario Kart, my Dad looks over at me and says, "I like playing as the mushroom." That's all he had to say. It's one of those memories you remember for the rest of your life like when your Dad uses a cell phone for the first time or text messages you for the first time. That type of stuff. Yeah, I like playing as the mushroom.

What's the last game that really impressed you?
Sid Meier's Civilization.

You play everything including real-time strategy?
Buddy, I'm a gamer. Not just the fake ones you read about.

What are your thoughts on Activision's new Transformers game?
Just in terms of the variety of choices with the Autobots and Decepticons that you can play, the movie has been infused with a bunch of new faces and the game is the same world. A lot of the updates you have in the movie you have in the game, so it should be a better game.

Have you checked out the Wii Transformers game?
I haven't been able to play the Wii game because my hand is broken. I've just been playing Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. I would imagine that the Wii experience will be like...I don't mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing.

What's wrong with the Wii?
This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there.

Is that why you wouldn't play LEGO Star Wars with Megan Fox on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
Correct. Who wants to play the Wii version of LEGO Star Wars. I'd rather eat glass.

So I guess you didn't play LEGO Indiana Jones?
The LEGO Indiana Jones I'm not going to speak on, but my feelings aren't very different.

Did you play any videogames on set?

We played Madden.

Who's your team on Madden?
Giants. See, Ramon (Rodriguez) is big into sports games. I'm not necessarily. But to keep it copasetic on set you had to have a game for everybody. So of course there was LEGO Star Wars for Megan, which is fantastic and she could play that in solitude. Ramon loves sports games and I'm into Sid Meier's Civilization. So we had all of it covered. Transformers is a cast of gamers. I'm not the only gamer. Literally, there's nobody in the cast who doesn't play games except maybe (John) Turturro.

What are your thoughts on the fact that kids today not only have the Transformers toys, but these cool videogames to play with?
Toys aren't enough.

Do you wish you had these games when you were a kid?
I did have these as a kid.

But these games today are way better than what you had as a kid?

Yeah, but if you start comparing NBA Jam, for instance, 1998, hot title. And I put that up against Madden 08, I love NBA Jam. I'd take NBA Jam over Madden 08. If you were to ask somebody who grew up with Centipede to put that game up against Sid Meier's Civilization, they'd probably go with Centipede. You don't just enjoy playing the games. I know every theme song to every Super Mario game you can ever think of and I'll sing them to myself. I'll be in the shower and I'm not singing Bryan McKnight or Neil Diamond, I'm singing Mario Bros. songs: dee..dee.dee.dee.dee...deet. I swear to God, man. It's weird. I have this special place in the lexicon of my information that is specifically game. I don't think I'm alone in that. I think there's a whole generation of dudes just like me.
Apparently I'm not a real gamer :(

I liked how he danced around the Transformers game issue. "It uh... should be better than the first one?"

At least all his non-Wii comments are intelligent.

eznark

Banned
This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there.

:lol, this'll be awesome

P90

What is a Shia LeBouf? I know what a Wii is, but I'm stumped when you say Shia Lebouf. Is it a new kind of plant that grows in a small clay pot that looks like those old boxes that held telephones?

I await the raging Nintendo fanboys with their gigantic lists of B-level titles and crappy Japan-only games that no one has ever heard of.

They always entertain me.

Is that why you wouldn't play LEGO Star Wars with Megan Fox on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
Correct. Who wants to play the Wii version of LEGO Star Wars. I'd rather eat glass.

:lol I'm starting to like the guy.

Sean

Banned

God damn! Hates the Wii so much that he turned down Megan Fox :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
... The guy's way of talking is just weird IMO... He sounds like the exact type of person that if I walked into a room hearing him talk, I would just turn around and go someplace else.

I am 26 years old and have played games for 21 of them including nearly every final fantasy, fps, dragon quest, and platformer out there. I chose the Wii. He can go f himself.

alba

Little is the new Big
2d14e3c.jpg

I agree

laserbeam

Banned
Well we know he is not very smart. If Megan Fox said hey lets play lego Star Wars on the Wii I would be like fuck yeah!

TheKingsCrown said:
I am 26 years old and have played games for 21 of them including nearly every final fantasy, fps, dragon quest, and platformer out there. I chose the Wii. He can go f himself.
He already has. He is playing transformers instead of playing mario galaxy or fire emblem :lol
Being a hardcore gamer must fucking suck.

markot

Banned
And in regards to his mom he said:

"Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother," he says. "She's an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren't my mother, as sick as that sounds."

Shurs

Say what you will about the Wii comments but this line is fucking hilarious.

Shia Labeouf said:

I hate him for many reasons, but this is not one of them. As for turning down a game of Lego Star Wars with Megan Fox, this is a guy who has to repeatedly do takes on set with her and pretend (?) to kiss her. He's already touched her many times, so refusing to play Wii with her is a no-brainer for him. One reason I hate him is how lucky he is to have touched Megan Fox repeatedly. That, and how he made an already awful fourth Indiana Jones movie even worse just by being in it.

Darklord

Banned
:lol :lol

If she wanted to play Big Rigs for 8 hours with me, I'd do it.

I gotta respect that he's genuinely well informed as a gamer, as it's not like he played mario once when he was a kid and now he's a "lol gamer." I mean civ? Fuck yeah dude.

So yeah, I kinda see where he's coming from, through I don't know if I'd say it's like eating class. It's his opinion. Preach on dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom