• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its official, Gouken in SF4!!!

Close if someone else already reported this.

It looks like he has a anti-air hadoken and a Shin Shoryuken Ultra.
Im so hyped for this game!!!

kenta

Has no PEINS
Maybe I'm missing something, is that someone other than Akuma?

Also is that something other than a scan?

Edit: ah, scan is slow to load, I have no idea who that old dude is

I didnt know you could get banned for that. That sucks Can i link another forum that posted the link?

For those that dont know who Gouken is. He is Akuma/Gouki's brother, Ken and Ryu's master. Look at the lower right corner of the jpep.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Regulus Tera said:
Sakura's not in yet. :(
we don't need Sakura. she's horrible. I must say I am excited to see some new shoto style though. Last one was Dan and that was pretty fun. :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Brobzoid said:
we don't need Sakura. she's horrible. I must say I am excited to see some new shoto style though. Last one was Dan and that was pretty fun. :p

I don't like you.
:p All shotos are the same anyway OLOLOL

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
They should just make the next installment shoto only. Would save them the trouble of whatever the hell they like to do.

040201.jpg

yurinka

Projectjustice said:
I didnt know you could get banned for that. That sucks Can i link another forum that posted the link?
Please, no. I think just knowing the scans exist, everybody here in Neogaf can find them easyly (or the Famitsu magazine) if they are interested.

Brobzoid

I'm getting some Jinpatchi vibes of the one image where he has his fist lowered. Anyone have any other ideas than slow/strong shoto?

Skilletor

Brobzoid said:
I'm getting some Jinpatchi vibes of the one image where he has his fist lowered. Anyone have any other ideas than slow/strong shoto?

That looks to me like he's about to do a Shinsho.

Brobzoid

Skilletor said:
That looks to me like he's about to do a Shinsho.
yeah, but the motion is exaggerated, so I'm guessing strong/slow shoto.

As a Akuma player I must say I'm not too fond of anyone having a anti-air hadoken :\

cuz al akuma does is jump and spam fireballzlol

Perdew

J. M. Romeo said:
OOooh yeah, I remember! From those comics, the big guy with a beard! Ok, I confused it. They were like cousins or something? (Sheng Long and Gouken, or Gouki and Gouken. I got my mythology all backwards these days)

Yea. It's confusing though, because Shen Long was supposed to be Ryu's master or something once that rumor got going. Gouken is actually in the canon, if anyone cares enough.

From the pics, he looks like he could be fun, but I can't make too much out, not even the AA fireball, though it makes sense (maybe it's like Urien?)

robut said:

That is a typo. Ryu really ment to say you have to defeat his shoryken but us Americans are retarded and thought it was a hidden character when in really it was just lost in translation. Sheng Long is and never was a character. Its been Gouken since day 1.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Projectjustice said:
He probably doesnt have a ground fireball to balance it out.

LOL! Urien sure as hell had one.

If this is the unlock for this week, I'm sure we'll see vids and stuff of him in action soon enough. Hopefully it is.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I guess they could retcon his death into "assumed dead," or really they could say "god damn it we just want him in the game" and throw together some logic where when you battle him it's Ryu in his mind being taught by him, or when you play as him it's an extended flashback, or whoknowswhat.

Also I hope they don't actually call him Sheng Long in the localization. D:

Edit: Ha beaten on that last part somehow.

They have to at least throw in Makoto. I don't even play her much, I just know she's popular with the SF3 crowd and exclusive to that series. Give the few of us who supported this series through the low-selling times a little reward, eh?

Top Bottom