• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it's pretty crazy how consistently great Bob's Burgers is

• Thread starter Deleted member 801069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
BobsBurgers_1005_BobBelcherAndTheTerribleHorrible..._A05_Promo_08.jpg

it's definitely the best animated sitcom by a long shot. probably the best western animated series period. there are over 200 episodes and they're all pretty much great.

season 1 and 2 are a little weak in comparison because the show was still trying to figure itself out, but once it hit season 3 it's been nothing but gold.

I love the show so much I'll probably eventually rank each episode. maybe I'll make a thread about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to watch it when it came out and it felt insufferable.

I've had others say it's great though, maybe I'll give it another try.
skip seasons 1 & 2 and start with season 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally tune into this show, it's constantly better than Modern Simpsons. The 11th season has not been the best ever, but I still like it. Around Season 3, that is where the show gets really good.

Futurematic

skip seasons 1 & 2 and start with season 3
Season 1 has a couple excellent episodes in Sheesh Cab Bob and Art Crawl (Bed & Breakfast also good) and some all time great scenes in weak episodes. But yeah overall pretty average going until season 3 goes hard.

Lucy Daughter of the Devil deserved better though, still my favourite of the man’s work.

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Interesting timing. After a friend kept recommending it over the years I decided to start Bob's Burgers last month. Based Hulu.

I'm actually surprised how much I like it, and I only just started Season 3. Bob's struggles with the restaurant make for a good laugh. His kids are outrageous in all the best ways. The side characters are likable too.

I'm not into Simpsons- or Family Guy-esque shows that much anymore, but this one scratches an itch. Glad I gave it a shot.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you mods for fixing thread title!

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Season 1 has a couple excellent episodes in Sheesh Cab Bob and Art Crawl (Bed & Breakfast also good) and some all time great scenes in weak episodes. But yeah overall pretty average going until season 3 goes hard.

Lucy Daughter of the Devil deserved better though, still my favourite of the man’s work.
I agree. I love pretty much every episode of all 11 seasons. Season 3 and on is just on another level.

Top Bottom