• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's time to admit, both MS and Sony management suck

makaveli60

After today there is no question anymore, both compnies suck hard time. They are run by greedy corporate fucks and they are not in the same ballpark as they were in 2005 (Microsoft) and 2013 (Sony). They are bullshitting their fanbases, literally lie, and info starve them then shit in their mouths when they give any info. Fuck both managements, bring back the old. If I didn't hate PC gaming now would be the time for me to join the master race.

Last edited:
After today there is no question anymore, both compnies suck hard time. They are run by greedy corporate fucks and they are not in the same ballpark as they were in 2005 (Microsoft) and 2013 (Sony). They are bullshitting their fanbases, literally lie, and info starve them then shit in their mouths when they give any info. Fuck both managements, bring back the old. If I didn't PC gaming now would be the time for me to join the master race.
Trying to say both are equally bad, is just you denying that one is better than the other. I have seen enough such arguments from Americans to know this is just part of their acceptance of being wrong.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Trying to say both are equally bad, is just you denying that one is better than the other. I have seen enough such arguments from Americans to know this is just part of their acceptance of being wrong.
7DYb.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
After today there is no question anymore, both compnies suck hard time. They are run by greedy corporate fucks and they are not in the same ballpark as they were in 2005 (Microsoft) and 2013 (Sony). They are bullshitting their fanbases, literally lie, and info starve them then shit in their mouths when they give any info. Fuck both managements, bring back the old. If I didn't hate PC gaming now would be the time for me to join the master race.

It's ok. Breathe. 😂

makaveli60

It's ridiculous that they would even entertain the idea of increasing the price.

These better be some damn good games, if they are going to charge $70+ for each one.
Yep, this is a joke, if these were pure nextgen games at least then I wouldn't mind the price that much, but these are upressed last gen games...

J Jokerevo What choice do I have? As I said I hate pc gaming so that leaves me these two...

Dr Bass

I didn't say equally, but they are both bad right now.

I dunno, I'm totally satisfied with what I've been getting from Nintendo and Sony over the past several years. I work, I do a lot of other things, and when a fun looking game is available I give it a shot. I mean, what else can you really ask for? Is there really not enough out there?

Thaedolus

Huh?

Both companies have compelling products, Nvidia is killing it with the 3000 line, Nintendo has more powerful hardware coming down the line...what the hell is there to complain about except Halo being delayed?

It’s never been a better time to be a gamer. Everything is so much better than it’s ever been. Get some perspective

makaveli60

I dunno, I'm totally satisfied with what I've been getting from Nintendo and Sony over the past several years. I work, I do a lot of other things, and when a fun looking game is available I give it a shot. I mean, what else can you really ask for? Is there really not enough out there?
It's not about that. It's about that both of them fuck up their nextgen consoles. At least the first few years, but those are arguably the most important.

Desudzer10

I hate the $70 games too, but if it's for next gen only games and not remasters or upgrades I'm fine with it. Games have been the same price since i can remember and the costs of making these games have gone up a lot as well.

makaveli60

I hate the $70 games too, but if it's for next gen only games and not remasters or upgrades I'm fine with it. Games have been the same price since i can remember and the costs of making these games have gone up a lot as well.
But there is no nextgen only game at all. Ratchet and Clank maybe, sometime in the future...

Calm down drama queen. Please explain how knowing what we know now today back in lets say... March actually changes anything.

Yeah I’m probably getting both the series s and the ps5 de - but this $70 price tag for games is really making me think about which I should get at launch. Probably only gonna play Cyberpunk this year - possibly Ratchet and Clank but when is that coming out?

jakinov

What are you mad about exactly? Are you are mad because now you have less fuel for arguing with Xbox fans? If they can downgrade the game to work on a PS4 then so what. WIth how quickly miles Morales is coming out the game just an extension that's not some major revamp that would make it not work on PS4.

hussar16

your aboslutly right ,and i think this gen more then anything sony has been being the least transparent. not being upfront about the resolution if its native 4k,unlike xbox series x which constanly says it is native 4k , and also games being cross gen ,this is one of the weakest lineups in sonys history a remake is headling the release

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I like the PS5's price,... but yeah, the games were like.. most of them seemed PS4 level to me..

New leadership at Sony looking to fail with that 150 million target just like Phil's elusive 2 billion gamers. PS5 not launching in Europe on the 12th is also a slap in the face to its most loyal market. I understand NA but Asia? The fuck does Asia get first dibs? The messaging is all over the place too. They deserve to burn to a crisp in that sense.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
These companies were always greedy. No company is your friend. Its all about profit.

Chun Swae

Banned
Some of Herman Hulst's platform publishing decisions really need to be called into question

I seriously doubt Shu would have ever considered cross gen and PC games
He should've been fired the most he suggested those two things. The PC port of his game Horizon should've shown him that that clearly was not the right move. I'm not of fan on Nintendo games but it seems like the last true platform with actual exclusives.

Mmnow

Calm down drama queen. Please explain how knowing what we know now today back in lets say... March actually changes anything.
There wouldn't have been months of now embarrassing comments about Microsoft's Cross gen policy, and we could have avoided a lot of "Only possible with an SSD" comments too.

Bombolone

Gold Member
I agree with the sentiment.
Its very emblematic of the times we are in. GAAS ecosystems. No killer launches, just get it out the door so we can get these people into any ecosystem to start spending money.

There was a comment made by someone at Microsoft earlier. You don't need exclusives to sell a system. Kind of true these days.
Everyone is invested in either PSPlus or XBoxGold. No need to spend to much energy swaying either right out of the gate.

makaveli60

What are you mad about exactly? Are you are mad because now you have less fuel for arguing with Xbox fans? If they can downgrade the game to work on a PS4 then so what. WIth how quickly miles Morales is coming out the game just an extension that's not some major revamp that would make it not work on PS4.
Projecting much? I'm not interested in arguing with any fanboy. I'm not a fan of any company and just want the best for games and gamers. Now what both companies are doing is not that.

ColonialRaptor ColonialRaptor yes, PS4 too

Dolomite

We drank the kool aid boys. I believed Phil when he said crossgen won't hold back next gen dev and we believed Sony when they said certain games were only possible through the power of the PS5.
Hopefully in about 18 months, we'll see what these beast can really kick out

There wouldn't have been months of now embarrassing comments about Microsoft's Cross gen policy, and we could have avoided a lot of "Only possible with an SSD" comments too.

Embarrassing comments? Who's embarrassed? And for embarrassed for what? Yall getting way too dramatic over trivial crap

lock2k

Banned
Why do you hate pc gaming? Legit curious.

makaveli60

Fixed.

And 100% agreed. I knew as soon as they let replaced Andrew House after an amazing gen, fired Shawn Layden unceremoniously and demoted Shu that this corporation was in trouble.
Yeah, I suspected it too, but hoped for the opposite. Well, here we are...

Top Bottom