• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's time to admit, both MS and Sony management suck

makaveli60

Why do you hate pc gaming? Legit curious.
Bad memories from childhood :)
But to answer, when I buy a game for console I know that I put in the disc, wait for the install then play without any hassle with good graphics that wouldn't look much better besides resolution on PC. Then it comes the constant tinkering, driver problems, fatal errors, unreasonable performance and so on...

Edit: and it's much more expensive for marginally better graphics. I don't care about framerate, 30 is percect for me

Last edited:

makaveli60

The real crime is the 70$,80 fucking€ wtf are they thinking.
Yeah, wtf is that? 70 euros is more than 70 dollars, yet they even increase compared to that to 80 for fucking cross gen games. At least give us proper nextgen games taking fully advantage of the console for this price.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Still seeing a difference in games output if i look at both companies, So no worries for the PS5 owners.

I believe Sony suck more as they clearly state that they "Belive in generations". Now they are saying that HZD2 a 2021 title will also release on ps4. WTF is this crap? There should be mass outrage at this! Atleast MS was upfront about it.

JLMC469

Banned
I think I’ll wait next year for my purchase. By the looks of it, That’s when next-gen stars.

Last edited:

ripeavocado

Banned
After today there is no question anymore, both compnies suck hard time. They are run by greedy corporate fucks and they are not in the same ballpark as they were in 2005 (Microsoft) and 2013 (Sony). They are bullshitting their fanbases, literally lie, and info starve them then shit in their mouths when they give any info. Fuck both managements, bring back the old. If I didn't hate PC gaming now would be the time for me to join the master race.

Not sure if they suck but I am pretty sure that they are interested in pushing subscription services more than anything else.
This is their future paradise: garbage GaaS content and massive steady profits thanks to subscribers that have no other choice but to subscribe because nobody is making consoles and few people buy games anymore.

This is the future they have chosen for us.

makaveli60

Not sure if they suck but I am pretty sure that they are interested in pushing subscription services more than anything else.
This is their future paradise: garbage GaaS content and massive steady profits thanks to subscribers that have no other choice but to subscribe because nobody is making consoles and few people buy games anymore.

This is the future they have chosen for us.
I'm not interested in that future. Then they can kiss goodbye for my money.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
OP, you should probably remember we're the minority.

We want "true exclusives". The masses just want fun games to play.

The cross gen shit sucks for us but it actually makes financial sense. Games aren't getting cheaper to make.

Montauk

Companies exist to make money. Seeking profits by targeting your product at an install base of 110 million (PS4 owners) vs an install base of ??? PS5 owners is a no brainer.

It's called capitalism. How how anyone can expect Sony to go "nah we don't want to sell games to a market of 110 million" i don't know.

How old are some of you? Did you miss previous generations? Are you unaware you live in a capitalist society and that publically traded corporations are duty bound to maximise profits?

makaveli60

OP, you should probably remember we're the minority.

We want "true exclusives". The masses just want fun games to play.

The cross gen shit sucks for us but it actually makes financial sense. Games aren't getting cheaper to make.
You are right... But I still cling to the past. Remember when the Xbox 360 launched? Even crossgen games had completely different versions between gens, besides many nextgen only games. And what do we have now?

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Sony is doing great with the PlayStation games. That's all that should even matter.

Demon's Souls at launch looks badness as hell. God of War 2. And now Final Fantasy XVI as a PS5 console exclusive.

makaveli60

Sony is doing great with the PlayStation games. That's all that should even matter.

Demon's Souls at launch looks badness as hell. God of War 2. And now Final Fantasy XVI as a PS5 console exclusive.
What if they tell us GoW 2 is also crossgen? Wouldn't you mind?

Well Guerilla seemingly the guinea pigs in these experiments has me thinking it is Herman

Of course he's. He's traumatized at the thought of Guerrilla games closing when he was up to his neck with Killzone failing to meet expectations time and again. He hit gold with Horizon (his last stand) but he's scarred for life. It helped that Euro team won in the power reshuffle so he got the job. And with that job, he upgraded Guerrila Games with a brand new studio to boot. That's why he wants more money coming in, even if crumbs.... all to meet sales targets and avoid the pressure of the axe.

Worst guy to promote to be head of Worldwide studios. Would have taken Shannon or Evan Wells any day of the week.

Last edited:

jakinov

Projecting much? I'm not interested in arguing with any fanboy. I'm not a fan of any company and just want the best for games and gamers. Now what both companies are doing is not that.

@ColonialRaptor yes, PS4 too
I was asking because that's what it seemed like. Only thing that really happened today was some games are also coming to PS4 or PC. And I don't see why you would care as a consumer or gamer if you can get the game still on PS4 and can still get a better version on PS5. Releasing it on both is arguably better for gamers and better for the game as it's more money for the sequel and people aren't arbitrarily denied access for probably an insignificant amount of extra work to make it accessible to millions of more gamers. If they made a game and realized that it works just fine on a PS4 why shouldn't they release it on PS4? They have games still only coming to PS5 only, those are probably more heavily designed for the PS5 and would require a lot more work to release on PS4. Again Spiderman was done in a very short period of time and is likely just the PS4 engine with new things that it's likely not a whole lot of work to make compatible.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
When will you come to terms with the Covid affect? It's been pretty obvious. Smoke and mirrors can only pass as reality for so long.

makaveli60

I was asking because that's what it seemed like. Only thing that really happened today was some games are also coming to PS4 or PC. And I don't see why you would care as a consumer or gamer if you can get the game still on PS4 and can still get a better version on PS5. Releasing it on both is arguably better for gamers and better for the game as it's more money for the sequel and people aren't arbitrarily denied access for probably an insignificant amount of extra work to make it accessible to millions of more gamers. If they made a game and realized that it works just fine on a PS4 why shouldn't they release it on PS4? They have games still only coming to PS5 only, those are probably more heavily designed for the PS5 and would require a lot more work to release on PS4. Again Spiderman was done in a very short period of time and is likely just the PS4 engine with new things that it's likely not a whole lot of work to make compatible.
A couple of posts above I mentioned I remember the Xbox 360 gen launch. Compare that to this. Now I know that was a very different time and a lot has changed since then, but still, I expected fully nextgen games that take full advantage of PS5, after they promised it even. Then the 80 euro price for these crossgen games etc.

bender

What time is it?
0-1.jpg

But he's wearing a sweater. Always trust a man who is comfortable in a sweater.

untitled-1.png

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Sony just sold 100 million PS4s, nope their management doesn't suck. MS I agree with. Both of them probably aren't aiming to please people that post on neogaf though.

Orta

Banned
But to answer, when I buy a game for console I know that I put in the disc, wait for the install then play without any hassle with good graphics that wouldn't look much better besides resolution on PC. Then it comes the constant tinkering, driver problems, fatal errors, unreasonable performance and so on...

Except that doesn't actually happen 99% of the time these days. The last game I installed on my PC I had problems with was XIII. In 2003.

Except that doesn't actually happen 99% of the time these days. The last game I installed on my PC I had problems with was XIII. In 2003.

Seriously, where are all these driver problems and constant tinkering that people are talking about? That's like something a clueless Baby Boomer who can't figure out which button opens "the Internet" would say.

ripeavocado

Banned
A couple of posts above I mentioned I remember the Xbox 360 gen launch. Compare that to this. Now I know that was a very different time and a lot has changed since then, but still, I expected fully nextgen games that take full advantage of PS5, after they promised it even. Then the 80 euro price for these crossgen games etc.

The Xbox 360 launch was amazing compared to the current next-gen launches.

Was it full of great games? No, but it had plenty of Next-Gen games to chose from and it wasn't a leading leading next-gen console but the follow-up of a console that shipped only 25 millions units in 4 years

Condemned, Amped were good games that loooked very nice, Kameo was nothing special but looked very next-gen, Perfect-dark also had some nice graphics.

Project Gotham Racing 3 was incredible.

Way better compared to what we are getting in 2020: few cross gen games and remakes.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The Xbox 360 launch was amazing compared to the current next-gen launches.

Was it full of great games? No, but it had plenty of Next-Gen games to chose from and it wasn't a leading leading next-gen console but the follow-up of a console that shipped only 25 millions units in 4 years

Condemned, Amped were good games that loooked very nice, Kameo was nothing special but looked very next-gen, Perfect-dark also had some nice graphics.

Project Gotham Racing 3 was incredible.

Way better compared to what we are getting in 2020: few cross gen games and remakes.

Amped was my fucking Jam.

Orta

Banned
Then why do I always see Gaf threads about these problems on any newly released game?

Because stupid people.

Constant tinkering? Tinkering with what? Driver issues? Unless you are installing some ancient DOS game released in 1992 on Windows 10, doesn't happen. Fatal error? Have to stretch my mind back for one of them, maybe some dodgy copy of who knows what I downloaded from the piratebay years ago. Though I think I got a blue screen a few times when I had Win7 on my pc.

Anyone who seriously experiences the constant onslaught of problems you insist PC owners put up with have probably made an arse of their computer themselves doing God knows what inside system folders.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Then why do I always see Gaf threads about these problems on any newly released game?
Threads on here from PC gamers with problems regarding their PC's and certain games?, i dont remember seeing one on here. Actually i do, for Horizon ZD, but that was to do with the crappy port, not acttual PC problems.

tryDEATH

MS communicated what they wanted, it is Sony with their 2 faced approach that fooled their consumer base that needs to hold them accountable.

Games being delayed happens, but going around claiming your games are only next generation games when you clearly know they aren't is just being a 2 faced c*nt. They lead they consumer base to believe one thing when they knew they were lying making them considerably worse than MS.

Paracelsus

When will you come to terms with the Covid affect? It's been pretty obvious. Smoke and mirrors can only pass as reality for so long.

They passed off as reality for the past ten years.
You have to blame Fake News®, the culture of lying to the easily hyped audiences in order to get the clicks, the retweets, the likes.

Astral Dog

Sony did nothing wrong today imho many games to look forward to no matter if you own a PS4 or are buying PS5 launch day, its a good lineup and it will be improved on time.

Top Bottom