• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's time to get in the Chirstmas spirit GAF

Tesseract

Banned
tenor.gif

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
We put our tree up a few weeks ago (we have a three year old, it’s impossible not to) and out my outdoor lights up on the 1st.

And now the house over the road has their outdoor lights up.

And now I need to kill them because they are better.

So I’m going down town tomorrow so spend another couple hundred on decorations. Because fuck off this is MY street and I’m not going to be beaten by some arse like this.

Also, Christmas songs.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Somebody should tell John Legend and Kelly Clarkson this is how you do a modern version of this song and still be respectful of the source material.

GAMETA

Banned
It's almost summer down here... Dec 24th I'll be melting on the dinning table so so so very happy by the underwear I got as a gift remembering I'm a 30 yo man who's never seen snow. I love it.

For a long time I didn't like Christmas or the Christmas season.. it was great as a kid, but once you're a baby adult (20's, early 30's), it's just more work than it's worth.. people stop getting you presents, you stop getting time off.. family time & gatherings feel like a chore.. ugh. I did not look forward to it at all.

Now that I'm getting to an advanced age, however, I look at it with a whole new set of eyes. It's fun doing stuff for the kids, decorating is actually a lot of fun, and nice to make things look awesome. You can gift yourself whatever you what, whenever you want (within reason) so it's actually nice to get other people things to make them happy. Family time is actually appreciated now, I value talking to some of the older family members, and realize they won't be around forever. Also, it's casually accepted to be drinking basically 24/7 during the holidays, which is awesome.

Christmas movies are great, it's finally cold, which is awesome, and so much food!

Anyway, merry Christmas season everyone, hope you can enjoy it!!

Top Bottom