• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Time To Wake Up (The Covid Con)

Aug 28, 2019
When I say locked down early, late I am talking relative to a countries infection growth rate, not in terms of day/date.

Countries that did best are ones that had good track and trace with voluntary distancing measures that the population followed like South Korea and Japan.

Then you have countries that locked down early and aggressively like New Zealand.

Then you have countries that locked down a bit later like UK, Spain, Italy, France.

Finally there are outliers like Sweden who was no worse than other countries but did not do a lockdown and Germany who did better despite not locking down especially early.

It is going to take a few years post pandemic for all the data to be gathered and actual conclusions drawn on what was effective, what wasn't, why some countries did fine without lockdown and others did less well with them. How well did certain populations follow guidelines prior to lockdowns starting, were masked used extensively on a voluntary basis or did people wait for mandates, did that impact 1st, 2nd 3rd etc waves.

Right now we have an incomplete picture in a still evolving scenario. To say right now that masks don't work or that lockdowns were ineffective or that distancing does not work is premature.
The lockdowns are being enacted, mask mandates enacted, premature or not, evidence or not. There IS evidence lockdowns cause problems, people not getting proper medical care, suicide rates skyrocketing, etc. There's mounting evidence masks are worse than no mask because people touch their face more often, wear it improperly or use cloth masks. I keep linking this video but it's like no one watches it...

Marlenus

Jul 29, 2013
UK
The lockdowns are being enacted, mask mandates enacted, premature or not, evidence or not. There IS evidence lockdowns cause problems, people not getting proper medical care, suicide rates skyrocketing, etc. There's mounting evidence masks are worse than no mask because people touch their face more often, wear it improperly or use cloth masks. I keep linking this video but it's like no one watches it...

Lockdowns are the result of ineffective governance in the 1st place. Effective governance looks like South Korea.

Are lockdowns a case of the cure being worse than the disease? It probably depends and there is not enough info to draw definitive conclusions for each case yet. I find it unlikely that so many of the worlds governments would have all gone down the same path if there were other alternatives.

As far as masks go they seem to work well in S.E Asia where they are more common and the numbers in countries from that region are better than the likes of Europe and the Americas. Are they effective, I don't know, it could just be psychological where it makes people feel more comfortable going out after lockdowns which helps the economy.

Ultimately there is a lot of data to go through and the pandemic still has to run it's course. We will not have definitive answers for most questions for a long while.

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
Lockdowns are the result of ineffective governance in the 1st place. Effective governance looks like South Korea.

Are lockdowns a case of the cure being worse than the disease? It probably depends and there is not enough info to draw definitive conclusions for each case yet. I find it unlikely that so many of the worlds governments would have all gone down the same path if there were other alternatives.

As far as masks go they seem to work well in S.E Asia where they are more common and the numbers in countries from that region are better than the likes of Europe and the Americas. Are they effective, I don't know, it could just be psychological where it makes people feel more comfortable going out after lockdowns which helps the economy.

Ultimately there is a lot of data to go through and the pandemic still has to run it's course. We will not have definitive answers for most questions for a long while.
Bollocks. We know now, it’s all bollocks. We have enough evidence that it is bollocks.

‘Wait two weeks’.

Two weeks pass.

‘Wait two weeks’.

Fuck off! That’s just a way of saying ‘don’t do anything now’.

• LOL
Reactions: Phunkydiabetic

Marlenus

Jul 29, 2013
UK
Bollocks. We know now, it’s all bollocks. We have enough evidence that it is bollocks.

‘Wait two weeks’.

Two weeks pass.

‘Wait two weeks’.

Fuck off! That’s just a way of saying ‘don’t do anything now’.
We have partial and contradictory evidence. It would be wise to wait for the pandemic to be over and the analysis completed before making any definitive statements.

As it is NZ/Germany numbers with lockdown are very different to UK numbers and Japanese numbers without lockdown are very different to swedish numbers.

Just a cursory glance tells you that to get any actual information from the data you are going to have to do some in-depth analysis.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: FireFly

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
We have partial and contradictory evidence. It would be wise to wait for the pandemic to be over and the analysis completed before making any definitive statements.

As it is NZ/Germany numbers with lockdown are very different to UK numbers and Japanese numbers without lockdown are very different to swedish numbers.

Just a cursory glance tells you that to get any actual information from the data you are going to have to do some in-depth analysis.
No we don’t. The analysis has already been done, you’re talking shite. The only thing we need to do now is figure out how to stop this shitshow.

Reactions: prag16

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
The virus is real. The power play behind the scenes to control the population is real. China caused ALL OF THIS and to date has faced ZERO repercussions for it. They've literally gotten away with murder. Nobody finds that strange? That's not conspiracy it's fact. Shortly after the protests against the lockdowns that everyone on the Left took issue with in the U.S all this ANTIFA/ BLM shit pops up and nobody says hmmm what the fuck? Medical experts come out and say protesting racism isn't a risk to spread covid-19 and the same people screaming mask up and stay home are like yo it's cool nothing to see here. The disingenuous grift from the people supporting the motherfuckers in power moving everyone like puppets not asking these questions are why there's pushback and there should be. It's okay to admit the virus AND the overreaction to it is real because they're both true. The rich & powerful profit off of division and right now they can't count the money fast enough.

Last edited:

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
Randos on YouTube are not citations but I will watch when I get chance. I notice some omissions from that graph in the thumbnail but maybe it gets explained.
Thanks for being an open minded fellow rando.

Piku_Ringo

Jan 24, 2015

He just can't keep getting away with this!!!

Over 185,000 people dead by this virus. No other illness in history has killed more than Corvid 19. Only Biden can save us now.
:cool: :messenger_ok:

• LOL
Reactions: Sign

Hado

Aug 13, 2015
Worked in a hospital for 2 months during this "pandemic". Yes we've had covid19 patients and yes some of them died (I think 2? can't remember quite frankly but one was 81 years old with multiple comorbidies and the other one I don't know).

The media is the biggest fear generator. Always has been.
It just seems like with covid19 fear sells even x10 better now.
It's making me sick.

Inside the hospitals people are taking it differently. Some are behind the fear generators but most are against it. if you think with your own head instead of consuming the thoughts of others you'll find your answer.

Marlenus

Jul 29, 2013
UK
Thanks for being an open minded fellow rando.
Finally watched it.

Interesting but not conclusive in any way.

Does not compare to S.Korea, NZ, Japan, Australia. No mention of African nations or India either.

No economic analysis to compare lockdown vs non lockdown countries.

Right now there is also a focus on death rate and it seems somewhat expected that as medical institutions get familiar with covid treatment methods improve. What is not talked about is the long term effects that we still barely understand because it is too soon to tell.

Like I said, it is too early to draw any concrete conclusions because there are so many factors to consider that it will take years of analysis to get any reliable, fact based, answers.

I also note his remarks at the end, if there is a large 2nd wave this winter it will be blamed on lockdowns impacting immunity in safe months and if there is no 2nd wave it shows lockdowns and mask mandates were pointless. Seems like he is setting up to say the same thing no matter the outcome in the next few months.

Personally I will wait for peer reviewed studies to come out which is going to take a while.

Edit to add: Also worth noting that there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Subtle wording or presentation differences can take the same raw data and be used to paint very different scenarios and narratives.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireFly

AgentP

Jun 5, 2011
This video brings together everything we've been saying for months
This reeks of confirmation bias. You had your mind made up and now you are looking for people to confirm it. You can cherry pick data all you want to convince yourself this is not abnormal, just like H1N1 or whatever, but look at the number of deaths. Looks at how easy it spreads and how long it can be asymptomatic. A disease is not political. No one benefits from a bad economy, death or wearing masks. People are just trying to buy time until a vaccine.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Its like people still think its March and we don't have any actual data.

80% of deaths are over 65.
90-99% of deaths have underlying conditions.

We have the data, for anyone below 50 this is the flu, and if you are younger then its even less deadly than the flu.

If you are old than its worse than the flu.

I have said it before, but the US got hit harder in the 45-65 age range and thats probably from vit D deficiencies and the obesity epidemic. Get some sun and put down the ding dongs.

Love the faux outrage, meanwhile the Flu will kill 500K people this year and more children than COVID. Yet I bet none of the covidbabies are going to mask up and lock themselves down to save 500K, esepcially children from the Flu. Where was everyone last year and the year before? Covid will end up killing about 1.5 million people, flu 500K. 3 times as deadly, but thats because if you are over 70 its like 5 times as deadly, while if you are under 50 its equal, and if you are under 30 its less deadly.

So from now on stay home and wear a mask until no one ever dies from the flu ok.

Last edited:

FireFly

Aug 5, 2007
Love the faux outrage, meanwhile the Flu will kill 500K people this year and more children than COVID. Yet I bet none of the covidbabies are going to mask up and lock themselves down to save 500K, esepcially children from the Flu. Where was everyone last year and the year before? Covid will end up killing about 1.5 million people, flu 500K. 3 times as deadly, but thats because if you are over 70 its like 5 times as deadly, while if you are under 50 its equal, and if you are under 30 its less deadly.

So from now on stay home and wear a mask until no one ever dies from the flu ok.
You're not comparing like-to-like, precisely because we never tried to contain the flu through lockdowns and social distancing. Let's see how deaths due to flu and deaths due to COVID-19 compare over the pandemic period.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
You're not comparing like-to-like, precisely because we never tried to contain the flu through lockdowns and social distancing. Let's see how deaths due to flu and deaths due to COVID-19 compare over the pandemic period.
Year to Date Deaths 2020

Corona-941,022
Flu-347,492

Pretty much triple. I think its fair to say that by Jan 1st 2021 we will be looking at about 500K flu deaths and 1.5 million COVID deaths.

If old age homes were protected better the deaths are probably closer to 500-600K. (50% of NA/EU deaths are in nursing homes).

Some other fun facts

HIV 1.195 million
Malaria 697K
Suicides 762K
Abortions 30 Million
Deaths cause by booze 1.7 Million
Car accidents 960K
Communicable diesease 9.2 Million.

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
Finally watched it.

Interesting but not conclusive in any way.

Does not compare to S.Korea, NZ, Japan, Australia. No mention of African nations or India either.

No economic analysis to compare lockdown vs non lockdown countries.

Right now there is also a focus on death rate and it seems somewhat expected that as medical institutions get familiar with covid treatment methods improve. What is not talked about is the long term effects that we still barely understand because it is too soon to tell.

Like I said, it is too early to draw any concrete conclusions because there are so many factors to consider that it will take years of analysis to get any reliable, fact based, answers.

I also note his remarks at the end, if there is a large 2nd wave this winter it will be blamed on lockdowns impacting immunity in safe months and if there is no 2nd wave it shows lockdowns and mask mandates were pointless. Seems like he is setting up to say the same thing no matter the outcome in the next few months.

Personally I will wait for peer reviewed studies to come out which is going to take a while.

Edit to add: Also worth noting that there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Subtle wording or presentation differences can take the same raw data and be used to paint very different scenarios and narratives.
Weird response. So what if he didn't cover every single country in the world? He covered seasonality so you can apply that elsewhere if you want. Why don't you?

I'm afraid anyone saying 'wait for more data', 'wait two weeks', is not worth engaging with at this stage. They're either a useful idiot or malicious. I'll put you down as a useful idiot for the moment as you seem genuine enough. When you're begging for your digital health passport so you can go 'back to normal' maybe you will start to have some creeping doubts.

Your edit is also weird - lies damned lies and statistics is exactly what the video is exposing - the 'casedemic'. No mention of that in your response.

NecrosaroIII

Feb 2, 2020
www.weeabuds.com
It IS time to wake up. This video brings together everything we've been saying for months now and shows clearly how the data and nations have been manipulated. No speculation, just facts. You don't have to agree with every interpretation of the data, as don't I, but the data is in and it's now obvious in my opinion. I know it's difficult for some people to let go of an established narrative but you have to, otherwise they'll be free to pull this nonsense whenever they like. You owe it to yourself to absorb all the information presented in the video:

Sorry, but I'm not going to take seriously a video with an anime avatar in the thumbnail.

Cycom

Report me for offensive homosexual driveby > 05/03
Mar 5, 2020
put down the ding dongs.
I’ve already told you once, not gonna happen bro.

But yeah, the only people hanging on to the covid scam at this point are cowards, the lazy, control freaks, and the ignorant. The latter can be forgiven. The rest are just pathetic.

Reactions: cryptoadam

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
Year to Date Deaths 2020

Corona-941,022
Flu-347,492

Pretty much triple. I think its fair to say that by Jan 1st 2021 we will be looking at about 500K flu deaths and 1.5 million COVID deaths.

If old age homes were protected better the deaths are probably closer to 500-600K. (50% of NA/EU deaths are in nursing homes).

Some other fun facts

HIV 1.195 million
Malaria 697K
Suicides 762K
Abortions 30 Million
Deaths cause by booze 1.7 Million
Car accidents 960K
Communicable diesease 9.2 Million.
I'm waiting for the next adjustments to come in. We've had it adjusted to represent 'with' Covid versus 'from' Covid. Now we wait for the 'Covid 19', 'coronovisus' adjustments. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

Marlenus

Jul 29, 2013
UK
Weird response. So what if he didn't cover every single country in the world? He covered seasonality so you can apply that elsewhere if you want. Why don't you?
I just checked NZ and Australia only looking at confirmed covid deaths rather than excess because I can't find excess deaths for them in the time I have.

NZ peak was 4 deaths per day which is less than 1 per million people. The shape looks like the EU but NZ has a much warmer climate and if you tried to view it on the same scale it probably would not be visible.

Australia have otoh have barely (relatively) any confirmed deaths in march/april time and experienced a large surge in late aug early September. They have the same climate is NZ but a very different shape.

I would need more data like excess deaths and I would need to grab the data from Japan, S.Korea, Singapore and other countries in that area to see what those curves look like to draw any conclusions but NZ and Australia had very different strategies and their curves look very different.

I'm afraid anyone saying 'wait for more data', 'wait two weeks', is not worth engaging with at this stage. They're either a useful idiot or malicious. I'll put you down as a useful idiot for the moment as you seem genuine enough. When you're begging for your digital health passport so you can go 'back to normal' maybe you will start to have some creeping doubts.
It is not just data on deaths that matters though. Long term health impacts matter as well and data on that is really limited. Data on economic activity for countries also matters because even if the government did not legally mandate a lockdown if people did so voluntarily then seeing similar curves in Sweden vs rest of EU changes the conclusion. I also mean data like when different treatment strategies were implemented, movement of people if available, average person to person contacts for various levels of population density.

You need all of that and more to make proper comparisons so you can more accurately asses the strategy on its own without the noise.

Your edit is also weird - lies damned lies and statistics is exactly what the video is exposing - the 'casedemic'. No mention of that in your response.
No, he is looking at deaths, cases and fit to seasonality but nothing else. He is doing it for a limited subset of countries as well.

Nothing wrong with that to come up with a hypothesis but then you test it by looking at more data to see if it fits.

Looking at South Africa and that shows a similar shape to Brazil but looking at Brazil again and the 7 day average deaths is starting to tick up again in the last few days.

The other thing he does is attribute the lack of deaths from case upticks happening now to false positives or old virus. He has done no analysis on changes in treatment plans or the age range or those getting infected now to see if they are comparable. If more elderly people got infected in the 1st bout of cases vs now it would be expected that the death rate would have been higher in that 1st wave and with more vulnerable people taking more care in distancing etc it also makes sense for this bout of cases to be among younger people naturally leading to fewer deaths. To say no deaths but lots of cases = casedemic without supporting data like avg infection age, treatment efficacy rates etc is premature on NOT data driven.

There is lots and lots of data to pull together to draw meaningful conclusions and to do it properly takes far more time than I have available and with numbers changing on a weekly basis looking at a place like Brazil last week would give a different picture to today and next week it will be different again.