• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: Snobs make fun of Walmart shopper's grocery list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Horrible Spelling Walmart Grocery List

4d67bea910496.jpg

I laughed, but its a pretty snobby thing to do.

G-Fex

You have no idea how many lists like these or way way way worse written I find just thrown on the floor somewhere.

You lazy lazy customers.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
That list is why America is fat.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Food items themselves aren't that bad, but good fucking lord at the spelling. I am a terrible speller but even I find that pathetic.

I'll be the first one to admit when I'm writing a grocery list, spelling is the first thing to go. I'll just scribble something down without even thinking about it.

Dude Abides

Banned
I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
That list is why America is fat.
Yeah, I hate to be judgmental, but apart from the potatoes, tomatoes and eggs, just about everything on that list is "ready to serve" food. That's so baffling to me.

Edit: on second take, the list might be a less bad than I initially thought.

Mudkips

Banned
List is written by kids for parent.
This is obvious from the use of "we" and "you".

bishoptl said:
"cakes we like" as opposed to purchasing cakes we don't like? the mind boggles

It's kids writing to the parent "Get more of those cakes we like!". They don't know the specific brand.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It strikes me as a list written by a child as the parent was dictating/listing stuff to be on there.

Mmmm, love e some popcikles.

Meh

Probably a poorly educated woman who had kids too early in life, trying to make the best of it for the family. The spelling is piss poor but I had no trouble figuring out what each item was, at least the handwriting is tolerable.

Leunam

Pein said:
is it the white castle burgers?

Pretty sure it is.

What strikes me as odd is that you'd think that they've bought these things before and would figure out how they are spelled because it's right on the box.

Houston3000 said:
at least the handwriting is tolerable.

Yeah, my handwriting is really shit compared to that.

ChiTownBuffalo

I love cakes we like.

Also, I question the author's ability to make authentic Italian food when they list "whole pickles + stuff to make spaghetti".

Alucrid

Banned
Houston3000 said:
Meh

Probably a poorly educated woman who had kids too early in life, trying to make the best of it for the family. The spelling is piss poor but I had no trouble figuring out what each item was, at least the handwriting is tolerable.

So...like fifth grade?

I think it's cute. It was obviously written by a kid.

For dinner tonight, I'm eating food I like. I'm just in the mood for it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bishoptl said:

sounds to me like "don't go trying something new again"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
bishoptl said:

I suspect this means, "Get me some of those cakes we like, you remember what they are called, I myself do not."

Mudkips

Banned
Alternative option to make GAF feel shitty.

The list was written by the family's 90 year old, arthritic grandmother. Her cigs and cakes are the only joys she has left in this world, and you mock her spelling, penmanship, and lack of familiarity with brand names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom