• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

Mascot

Jack needs to relax.

DjbeZ3ELNpDxxv85vt_2XDxfRihzCsJVc4kvcsXapfM=w901-h675-no

Mike.83

Meet Lucy! She turns one today.

Here she is the day she arrived in my life:
eafik0X.jpg

Here she is playing:
0egBE0a.jpg

And here she is just the other day, after arriving home from the vet after an operation. She isn't a fan of the cone. I like the Luis Suarez bandage though.
4XKFAb9.jpg

Here is our Madeline giving us our daily heart attack. The most comfy place also has to be the most dangerous spot. Behind her is a sheer drop to the 1st floor.

Z03R0ifl.jpg

Lombaszko

We just got our first cat on Saturday! Zoey Furball
wQeBeHJl.jpg

She's awesome! She knew exactly what to do with the litter box and isn't bothered by my loud kids. I think she fits perfectly into our lives!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We just got our first cat on Saturday! Zoey Furball
wQeBeHJl.jpg

She's awesome! She knew exactly what to do with the litter box and isn't bothered by my loud kids. I think she fits perfectly into our lives!
I WANT TO HUG IT

This is Loki, my newest kitten.

12032201_10204812499727361_61396105957124615_n.jpg

soepje

Guys, this is a little OT but since this thread is full of catlovers i'd like some advice/experiences about euthanizing a cat since this is (thankfully) the first time we've had to deal with this.

My cat got an untreatable tumor in her jaw, she's been in painmeds since we found out. This worked pretty well but since about half a week she won't eat any food with the painmeds through it. She did eat food without the meds until two days ago, now she eats very little, maybe a few pieces of candy and a tiny bit/few licks of wet food a day. She is hungry though, keeps asking for food. We tried all kinds of solid, soft and liquid but pretty much without succes so she's basically starving.. At the same time, she's still quite active; still wants to go out and goes, comes to us, runs and jumps around, cleans herself... This is making it difficult for us to make a decision. What would/did you guys do? Choose to euthanize now? Wait a little longer? Or perhaps just let nature run its course without intervention?

Aiii

So not worth it
If she's not in noticable pain and is still happy, I couldn't do it myself.

Have you tried using a syringe to force feed the medicine along with just regular feeding? I couldn't get my oldest to eat food with her medicine in it either, so I put it in water and used a syringe to put it in her mouth. Not her favorite thing in the world, but at least she got the medicine in her system and you know how cats are, they'll forgive you within minutes.

soepje

No, we haven't tried that yet. Will do! Perhaps she will start eating a little more once she's back on the painmeds. Considering she's still so active i don't think she's in much pain but perhaps eating does hurt her.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I would guess it is the pain that's keeping her from chewing, so I hope it works. Good luck, let us know.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I used to follow this thread closely but have been absent from GAF for a couple of years now. Sad to see that the thread has died. :(

Here's my attempt to revive it by posting a few nice photos of my little girl that have been taken since then. She will be 9 years old in a few months:

dyergram

I used to follow this thread closely but have been absent from GAF for a couple of years now. Sad to see that the thread has died. :(

Here's my attempt to revive it by posting a few nice photos of my little girl that have been taken since then. She will be 9 years old in a few months:
Omg this cat is awesome what's her name??

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Omg this cat is awesome what's her name??

This is what my cat does when I'm not giving him attention lies next to my leather sofa threatening to scratch it:

Thank you, her name is Lily. Your boy is gorgeous! I love gray cats. Here is my sister's gray cat Smokey from when she lived with us temporarily:

Beautiful cat, nice bump.

Thanks!

Top Bottom