• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

apesh1t

Banned

I'm getting worried about the orange one. He loves to curl up on his back and that twists his fur into knots. I know it's pulling at the skin, but when I go to cut the knots out he goes apeshit. I'm not sure if a regular groomer would be able to handle him, because he gets really mad at it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cats gets pissed off.

Nothing to worry about :3

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm getting worried about the orange one. He loves to curl up on his back and that twists his fur into knots. I know it's pulling at the skin, but when I go to cut the knots out he goes apeshit. I'm not sure if a regular groomer would be able to handle him, because he gets really mad at it.

Just overpower it a little. I know it's hard to get rough with the little one, but sometimes you just have to do what's best for the cat, regardless if it likes it or not.

Cats don't hold grudges, at least mine doesn't. The second whatever I'm doing she doesn't enjoy is over it's back to purring, laying on me at the worst possible times and in the worst possible positions and begging for snacks.

apesh1t

Banned
No he gets violent as well. He's a pretty chill cat up until you start to messing with the knots. I had a coat over him last night and was doing my best with the knots but he's about 20 pounds of pure fighting anger.

Zoe

No he gets violent as well. He's a pretty chill cat up until you start to messing with the knots. I had a coat over him last night and was doing my best with the knots but he's about 20 pounds of pure fighting anger.

Will he let you brush him?

Take him to a vet and get the shave treatment. They mildly sedate them before they do this, so that should mollify/calm him. My cat gets all snarled too and wouldn't let me get the knots out. I've had good experiences getting her shaved twice now, so I recommend it. He'll be much happier with them out if my cat is any indication. Great for summer too when she gets too hot.

Plus they look absurd when you do it. Lioooooooon cut! +100pts

Think I might have posted these already, but to further convince you: Schmootz with her lion cut.

GbaMIYul.jpg

lke8mysl.jpg

Take him to a vet and get the shave treatment. They mildly sedate them before they do this, so that should mollify/calm him. My cat gets all snarled too and wouldn't let me get the knots out. I've had good experiences getting her shaved twice now, so I recommend it. He'll be much happier with them out if my cat is any indication. Great for summer too when she gets too hot.

Plus they look absurd when you do it. Lioooooooon cut! +100pts

Think I might have posted these already, but to further convince you: Schmootz with her lion cut.

As the brother of two veterinarians, I can confirm that this is great advice. Breeds with that long hair have a rough time, especially during summer, so shaving them is actually a favor. Unless you're entering them in shows or something...:p

dankir

How come all your cats look identical to mine?

This is Fancy Cat.

I'm completely invisible!
IMG_20130416_195255_zpsdfa7ec65.jpg

Stealing the sun from my dogs
IMG_20130505_175627_zpsf786b460.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pics of the now named Harpo:

39679266b9e611e2bbaa22000a1fb198_7.jpg

He is 8 weeks :)

Daaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww...

How come all your cats look identical to mine?

This is Fancy Cat.

I'm completely invisible!
IMG_20130416_195255_zpsdfa7ec65.jpg

LOVE it when they do stuff like this. Like we can't see them. :)

My cat was being very distracting when I was trying to edit today. Made these using Gifvine pretty sweet.

bVOLJpVEnAH

bVOlJnLmME2

Very cool! I'd do this to my cat, but it would be the slowest, lamest gif ever (sleep, sleep and quite possibly roll over while sleeping).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
^^
our cat (well, he is outside living male and he only eats at our place) is doing the same and he can choose between three cars in one hour :)

I think that we have 2 small cats in the shed.

Is that Schmootz? Her eyes look... different than I remember. It's been too long!
Hh3iZ.gif

She's just.... the cutest thing.....
Hh3iZ.gif

^_^ Thanks! It is, indeed, Schmootz. You're right, though. Her eyes look rounder, or softer somehow? Maybe because she wasn't gouging my hands for a change. Got some gnarly new scars there...

Harpo at 12 weeks. Can't get over how much his face has darkened in 6 weeks:

0e17d7ead31011e28d2722000a1f8fa0_7.jpg

How can Schmootz compete with this? HOW?!

...I'm gonna shove her in the couch(?) as well and see what happens.

Schrade

Thankfully it all went away by itself about 2 months ago as the vet hoped it would. She's healthy now, and putting on quite a bit of weight :)
Thanks for asking!

That is great to hear! Hope everything continues to be good. I love her grey fur and how big her eyes are.

fawaz

Banned
A question for cat owners:

If your cat is scaled up to the size of a tiger, do you think it would kill/seriously injure you?

markot

Banned

If your cat is scaled up to the size of a tiger, do you think it would kill/seriously injure you?

Mine scratches me abit when we play... but I assume he would be more aware of his potential damage if he had bigger claws and crap...

I dont know >.<

fawaz

Banned
Mine scratches me abit when we play... but I assume he would be more aware of his potential damage if he had bigger claws and crap...

I dont know >.<

Some people are able to befriend and play with lions without getting hurt, so I think that if the cat really cared it won't hurt you by accident.

The actual point of my question is if you feel that your cat cares enough about you to take care not to injure you.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, if I did something to hurt her or that she didn't like. Just like she does now. She nips at my hand and is clearly holding back when she's playing. But when she's upset or doesn't like it, I'll know.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

Mishka would just crush me with snuggles. She wouldn't try to intentionally hurt me.
Lucian I reckon would bite me. But he wouldn't try to really hurt me.
Tiger is mad and would eat us all.

Injure me? Yes. My parents have a huge scratching pole. When one of the cats sat on the top most level I used to play with it by going alongside the edge with the my finger. So all the cat saw was the tip of it. It was kind of a sport to outwit the cat befor it struck. 9 out of 10 times this works out well.... The other time it meant a claw in my finger. Wouldn't want to do the same with a tiger sized kitty.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
All I know is with her constant need to lie on top of me I'd be sure to crack a rib or three.

Oh God. One my my cats loves walk on me and massage me with her front paws. I can't imagine what that would be like if she were tiger sized.

hythloday

If my cats were tiger sized, one would probably crush/smother me and the other would accidentally (or on purpose, I dunno) kill me. She plays rough once in a while. Kitty would have a blast stalking us.

Top Bottom