• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lddsijz1V51qztjn5o1_500.jpg

You may remember me from such films as The Erotic Adventures of Hercules and Dial M for Murderousness.

WKsyn.jpg

Boss: This is the DJ 3000. It plays CDs automatically, and it has three distinct varieties of inane chatter.

V3Y9E.jpg

DJ 3000: Hey, hey. How about that weather out there?
Woah! That was the caller from hell.
Well, hot dog! We have a weiner.

wsLyx.jpg

Bill: Man, that thing's great!
Marty: Don't. Praise. The machine!
Boss: If you don't get that kid an elephant by tomorrow, the DJ 3000 gets your job.

mS7JQ.jpg

*Marty punches the machine*
DJ 3000: Those clowns in congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns.
Bill: *laughs* How does it keep up with the news like that?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Probably no-one but me loves this but in the episode where Homer and Marge are reinvigorating their marriage by banging in places where people can see them they go to a small bed and breakfast. They decide to spice things up by kissing behind the curtains, in a room where the owner and staff are doing a jigsaw puzzle. One thing that makes me laugh hilarious in that scene is a picture of the puzzle and this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeOOA9-lL-4

LOVE IT

I found a great avatar material for myself but I don't have the dvd season or anything: In the episode where Homer meets Herb, when the Homer's car ad starts rolling there is a scene where Homer puts on sunglasses. I'd like a screencap from that, any help?

Been posted already a while back, but it's my one of my top favorites.

zbyBY.png

OH MY GOD

xogIl.png

TRAMAMPOLINE!!!

vU06T.png

TRAMBOPOLINE!!!

WMp8c.png

oh NO YOU DON'T! THAT TRAMPOLINE IS MINE!!

PetriP-TNT said:
I found a great avatar material for myself but I don't have the dvd season or anything: In the episode where Homer meets Herb, when the Homer's car ad starts rolling there is a scene where Homer puts on sunglasses. I'd like a screencap from that, any help?
Y6e2Y.jpg

Couldn't find a better quality one.

G-Fex

LyleLanley said:

That's great XD

It reminds me of another scene I don't remember what ep but Bart was talking about a makeover for homer.

Bart: Wouldn't you like that Homina?
Homer *in woman's voice* That'd be lovely *back to normal voice* wait a minute, shut up boy.

My fiancee got irked at me when we were preparing vows last week because I kept throwing in lines here and there... she still wont let me use Homer's vows when he got remarried to Marge. :(

RoryDropkick said:
My fiancee got irked at me when we were preparing vows last week because I kept throwing in lines here and there... she still wont let me use Homer's vows when he got remarried to Marge. :(
Time for a divorce.

RoryDropkick said:

Tell her that while it might be the beer talking, she's got a butt that won't quit. They got these big chewy pretzels here that aiahoisoganoaig FIVE DOLLARS?!?!? Get outta here!

Sneds

Milpool said:
It's mine, though I got the feeling someone else has or used to have it when I was making it. I couldn't decide between that and this:

ikbfmK.gif

Thank you!

Edit: I just realised that you never explicitly said that the avatar was up for grabs. Let me know if you mind me using it.

Shaneus

RoryDropkick said:
Wedding song? Can I Borrow A Feeling.

-_-

Banned
Hi, I'm Troy McClure.You may remember me from such educational films as "Two Minus
Three Equals Negative Fun
" and "Firecrackers: The Silent Killer".

...I feel like an idiot for not realizing that joke until I was 11

tumblr_lh7ap1nkg21qa552do1_500.png

tumblr_l9dxw1vxku1qb2mtno1_500.jpg

Shaneus

Professor Beef said:
Would this suffice, then?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/homer-ganesh_9228.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Better, but it's no [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo3vLSoXWw4]glove of love[/url].

Sanjuro

Seeing those George Harrison screens, sounds morbid but I would like to find a list of all the deceased Simpsons guest stars. It would be an unbelievable list really showing how many generations this show really has effected.

One that comes to mind is the Ramones when Mr. Burns tells Smithers to have The Rolling Stones murdered.

Red UFO

TopHatCuddlefish said:
Hi, I'm Troy McClure.You may remember me from such educational films as "Two Minus
Three Equals Negative Fun
" and "Firecrackers: The Silent Killer".

...I feel like an idiot for not realizing that joke until I was 11

tumblr_lh7ap1nkg21qa552do1_500.png

tumblr_l9dxw1vxku1qb2mtno1_500.jpg

The best part about the George Harrison scene is the way it cuts back to George as he says 'What a nice fellow.'

Shaneus

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
One that comes to mind is the Ramones when Mr. Burns tells Smithers to have The Rolling Stones murdered.
Two of my favourite lines uttered by guests are "I'd just like to say this gig sucks!" and "Go to hell you old bastard".

-_-

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Seeing those George Harrison screens, sounds morbid but I would like to find a list of all the deceased Simpsons guest stars. It would be an unbelievable list really showing how many generations this show really has effected.

Johnny Cash (best guest star because he was the freaking space coyote)
Bob Hope
Joey Ramone
Jack Lemmon
George Harrison
Audrey Meadows
Linda McCartney
James Brown
Tom Poston
Robert Goulet
George Carlin
Paul Newman
Eartha Kitt
Patrick McGoohan
John Updike
Ed McMahon
Gary Coleman
Robert Schimmel
Jim Varney
Tito Puente
Steve Allen
Joseph Calleja
Werner Klemperer
George Fenneman
Ron Taylor
Lawrence Tierney
Stephen Jay Gould
John Entwistle
Rod Steiger
Johnny Unitas
Barry White
Isabel Sanford
Johnny Ramone
Rodney Dangerfield
Johnny Carson
Henry Corden
Anne Bancroft
Bob Denver
Dennis Weaver

Courtesy of Dearly Departed Simpsons Archive listing also deaths of characters and those who helped create the Simpsons

The Dearly Departed list is huge. :(

Scrolling down and seeing Michael Jackson I just had to load up "Do the Bartman".

Shaneus said:
Season 11. That has no place in this thread, damnit!

You gotta go up to at least 13. :p

It's the last tolerable season. Plus, I've got to assume this thread will run out of the best seasons some day.

VGChampion said:
The Dearly Departed list is huge. :(

Scrolling down and seeing Michael Jackson I just had to load up "Do the Bartman".

You gotta go up to at least 13. :p

It's the last tolerable season. Plus, I've got to assume this thread will run out of the best seasons some day.
Umm...no. The last tolerable season was 9

-_-

Banned
Elizabeth Taylor (guest voice actress for Maggie in "Maggie's First Words) passed away today making her the 40th Simpsons guest star we have lost thus far ):
Daddy--Maggie-s-first-word-maggie-simpson-660442_180_268.jpg

Clydefrog

TopHatCuddlefish said:
Johnny Cash (best guest star because he was the freaking space coyote)
Bob Hope
Joey Ramone
Jack Lemmon
George Harrison
Audrey Meadows
Linda McCartney
James Brown
Tom Poston
Robert Goulet
George Carlin
Paul Newman
Eartha Kitt
Patrick McGoohan
John Updike
Ed McMahon
Gary Coleman
Robert Schimmel
Jim Varney
Tito Puente
Steve Allen
Joseph Calleja
Werner Klemperer
George Fenneman
Ron Taylor
Lawrence Tierney
Stephen Jay Gould
John Entwistle
Rod Steiger
Johnny Unitas
Barry White
Isabel Sanford
Johnny Ramone
Rodney Dangerfield
Johnny Carson
Henry Corden
Anne Bancroft
Bob Denver
Dennis Weaver

Courtesy of Dearly Departed Simpsons Archive listing also deaths of characters and those who helped create the Simpsons

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom