• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ivanka Trump to get access to classified information for... reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

For some reason I view Ivanka as a bit more reasonable and competent than her father but I have no idea why.

She's part of a shitty government and helped her dad get where he is, she deserves no respect.

For some reason I view Ivanka as a bit more reasonable and competent than her father but I have no idea why.

She's part of a shitty government and helped her dad get where he is, she deserves no respect.
It's because she's a "pretty," white, well dressed young blonde woman.

Kusagari

Here's the thing: Ivanka, and Kushner as well, are likely indeed more moderate, reasonable and competent than Trump himself. But who gives a shit?

They're still going along for the ride to amass power.

massoluk

Banned
Wait, she still is running her own commercial business right? No official position, totally shamelessly skirting conflict of interest, right?

what is this? a Royal Family?

seriously.

her husband Jared is a currupt scum bag selling off a buliing in NYC to the Chinese Goverment,

can ivanka replace melania as first lady? is there law she can't be?

FLOTUS is more of a ceremonial position. Several Presidents have had women who they weren't married to carry out the FLOTUS duties, but I don't think any have while actively having a living wife who was fully capable of doing so.

On CNN they're showing Trump in Louisville KY in what looks a lot like a rally. Is the orange turd having his third motherfucking campaign rally already? 60 days into his goddamned presidency!?

On CNN they're showing Trump in Louisville KY in what looks a lot like a rally. Is the orange turd having his third motherfucking campaign rally already? 60 days into his goddamned presidency!?

These gatherings are only meant to be therapeutic and to reinforce his wavering self esteem. He's bombarded by constant bad press and mainstream disdain and I suspect his administration encourages him to attend these enabling events for fear he might implode otherwise.

These gatherings are only meant to be therapeutic and to reinforce his wavering self esteem. He's bombarded by constant bad press and mainstream disdain and I suspect his administration encourages him to attend these enabling events for fear he might implode otherwise.

It's also what fascists do.

Donaldo Trumpollini basically.

Illucio

Banned
Im not surprised, she has been by her father's side during this election with every step. She has no official role and probably won't be given one, but she will know the ins and outs of the white house and will probably run for some sort of seat in government after her dad runs his course.

Hypothesis. She is doing what many adult children do, they come home to protect their mentally ill parent.

VhCxNC1.png

StarVigil

Sooo, if she doesn't hold an official position in the office. First of all, how is this allowed? Second, is she accountable to keep the information secret? What if she uses it for private gain of the trump business?
Is this what Freedom means? Do whatever you want if you're have the majority of votes? No questions asked?

Usobuko

Banned
Never had there been a woman who empowered a racist, sexist bigot's image and take credits like she's actually doing a service to the country.

" Just imagine how much worst it could get without her ! "

Lmao.

Hazmat

Hypothesis. She is doing what many adult children do, they come home to protect their mentally ill parent.

VhCxNC1.png

You're not the first to think this. Ill older people turn to their children or other family because the can trust them and it helps them hide how ill they are.

I mean.. We recently found that she may have brokered a deal with Iranian (or was that Turkey?) terrorists. So I'm not sure I agree..

The 33-story luxury Trump International Hotel and Tower Baku, which never opened, was engineered by oligarchs, reporter Adam Davidson writes. It potentially violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and may have enabled money-laundering and other illegal activities undertaken by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.
Ivanka wasn't shy about boasting about her role in the project on her website, posting a photo of herself from November 2014, wearing a hard hat inside the half-completed hotel.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/...ly-corrupt-azerbaijan-hotel-deal-report-says/

Ivanka probably got this because Trump kept telling her confidential shit.

So what else are you gonna do to stem a potential storm? Give her access because fuck it, at least now there's an excuse.

Laieon

makes more sense than his daughter receiving the same.

To play devil's advocate, I feel like Melania has been hiding in the shadows trying to protect Baron from the inevitable fallout. To me, it seems like Ivanka is in the real first lady role since we've actually seen her around. Wouldn't be the first time the first lady wasn't the president's spouse.

Ernest

Banned
So stupid.

More than half the people on this forum are more qualified to work in the WH than she is. Heck, most here are more qualified to be president than Donald.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
CJo90anVAAAYq2P.jpg

I would make so much bank if Amazon still allowed PI. Couldn't bait Chuck into doing it either lol.

...wait that quote is real ? I always thought ppl were just joking with that one....LOL.

Usobuko

Banned
NYtimes illustrate it well.

When he behaves, word goes out that she or her husband, Jared Kushner, had his ear. When he doesn’t, word goes out that it wasn’t their fault, that they can do only so much and that if they hadn’t valiantly moved to Washington, well, think about how much worse off we’d all be.

There’s a big problem with this spin: His behavior wouldn’t matter if he weren’t sitting on such a lofty throne, and they helped to put him there. They empowered the mad king.

Now they want credit for mitigating the madness.

More than that, they want inoculation, so that after they’ve savored his reign, they’re spared the stain and can return without wound or shame to the social circles in which they long traveled, where Steve Bannon is no hero and Planned Parenthood no villain.

That persona turned her into more than just a surrogate for her father, more even than a character witness. She was his alibi. He couldn’t be guilty of vileness toward women because he had produced a woman as enlightened and gracious as Ivanka, who not only stood with him but spoke up for him at the Republican National Convention, assuring the world of his benevolence.

The next day her Twitter account plugged the dress she’d worn, part of the Ivanka Trump Collection. The company’s website posted a montage of photos from the convention with links to the white leather satchel that was draped over her arm at one point and to the pumps she was wearing at another. And thus a daughter’s love became a huckster’s boon.

The children of other presidents have readily, even greedily, reaped the fruits of nepotism, but how many have done so while simultaneously suggesting that they’re around to provide crucial ballast, performing an invaluable service for the American people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom