• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've decided to change my name, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've decided to change my hyper-foreign last name to something easier to pronounce and more North American.

My first name's already decided: Athan. Now for my last name, I need something bold with a bit more gusto. I was thinking something along the lines of Knight, Bishop, Stone, Black or Gold.

Any ideas?

If anyone wants to make a joke, that's cool too :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Date of Lies said:
Yeah I've decided to change my hyper-foreign last name to something easier to pronounce and more North American.

My first name's already decided: Athan. Now for my last name, I need something bold with a bit more gusto. I was thinking something along the lines of Knight, Bishop, Stone, Black or Gold.

Any ideas?

Sorry, but you sound pretty lame. With all due respect, of course.

Date of Lies said:

Any ideas?

What's your real first name? Actually forget it. Lets give out our information on the internet! lol.

But uh that makes me think twice. My name is hard for people to say at first but they grab it easily and enjoy saying it and getting it right lol...and the ways they've shortened it and stuff, just yikes.

But yeah. Whatever, your choice.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Payne.

The end. Athan Payne. The problem is that if you ARE foreign and not jsut stuck with a foreign-sounding name, and you switch to a name like that, you'll look like a douche. Like if your name is Anjab Puttawhaputhabu and you change it to Mike Payne or something, yeah... you'll look stupid. Like those telemarketers who can't speak English and are like "Hello, my name is Jack."

No. No it's not. Quit lying to me.

Date of Lies said:

Any ideas?

You might still want to work on that first name.

Slurpy said:
Sorry, but you sound pretty lame. With all due respect, of course.
I agree. I would think someone trying to change their name is socially insecure or something. So that's why I'm trying to get suggestions from a place that has no consequence (because I don't care what you think and my life won't change if you think I'm lame).

I'm trying to get some suggestions, see if I missed something.

You might still want to work on that first name.

It's actually a short-handle for my current name. I've thought of changing it to Nathan too, but everyone calls me Athan.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
bishoptl said:
How about Blackgold? Or Blackboss? Athan Blackboss - coolest name ever.

I must agree. Blackboss is pretty damn badass.

whytemyke said:
Payne.

The end. Athan Payne. The problem is that if you ARE foreign and not jsut stuck with a foreign-sounding name, and you switch to a name like that, you'll look like a douche. Like if your name is Anjab Puttawhaputhabu and you change it to Mike Payne or something, yeah... you'll look stupid. Like those telemarketers who can't speak English and are like "Hello, my name is Jack."

I know a guy named Nathan Payne. He's a lawyer!

Go with Deez as your first name and Nutz as your last so you can work in yelling Deez Nutz as much as humanly possible.

On a serious note why not pick a minor character from your favorite book that involves Americans or a combination pick between two characters. That is what I would do.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
If you're changing your name, you might as well change it to Max Power or Max Payne :D

whytemyke said:
Payne.

My english is perfect. I moved to north america at the age of 3. And I look the part too.

Payne is very nice, I'll consider that.

Lionsworth is pushing it a bit (but I love the way you're thinking).

Blackboss is actually pretty cool, I'll consider that one too.

I kind of like McMasterson, or just Masters too.

The name change could have a real beneficial impact on my career so I'm thinking this through carefully.

EDIT: Something that ends with ~worth sounds good.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Zefah said:
I must agree. Blackboss is pretty damn badass.

I know a guy named Nathan Payne. He's a lawyer!
GREATEST LAWYER EVER!!!!

I'd go to court for a traffic ticket: "Excuse me, your honor? Yes, I decided to retain council for this parking ticket. I believe that the meter, in fact, did NOT run out, and because of that, today I brought the Payne."
Judge:"OH GOD! OH! OH NOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
Bailif: "NO!"
Clerk: "Huh? Oh NO!"
Payne: "OH yeah!"
Jury: *collectively* "OH NO!"
Payne: "OH YEAH!"

:lol that'd rule. I'd deliberately rip off Family Guy for my own joke, taking one of their jokes and slightly twisting it for me, just for the irony.

sp0rsk said:
Athan Masters

Masters is an awesome last name and people will be in awe of it.

It actually sounds like a real name too.

For the record: My last name cannot be watered down without making it sound even more weird and silly.

Freeman = thumbs up, will consider it (currently making a list)

Drake = is good, but maybe not as a last name.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Athan sounds like one of those new age combo names that I cant stand like "Ashton"

Go with a name that got a lot of unf like "Bravo"

sp0rsk said:
Athan sounds like one of those new age combo names that I cant stand like "Ashton"

Go with a name that got a lot of unf like "Bravo"

yea johnny bravo

Nathan Bravo sounds good though.

EDIT:
Hunt = good.
Hunter = even better.

Tarazet

Athan, to me, is not so much North American as Sparticus the Chariot-Rider. But if everyone calls you that already, what do I know.

sonarrat said:
Athan, to me, is not so much North American as Sparticus the Chariot-Rider. But if everyone calls you that already, what do I know.

What do you know, considering my ancestry, I probably have some Sparticus in me (keep in mind that Sparticus is Thracian, not Greek).

Yeah I think I'll keep it as it does keep some of my roots and is still very pronounceable + memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom