• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've left clues to new game announcements for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say things like "I bet we get *insert game here* in threads just prior to announcements. Since I probably won't be around much longer, might as well give whatever knowledge/hints I have left:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) is coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Themes will arrive with a Dec. 25 update. Free if you own the game or amiibo.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-Little Mac was almost in ARMS. There's a reason he's not.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

That's all I've got.

super-metroid-final-escape.gif

Ah shit, EBF... I definitely wasn't active in many Nintendo threads, but you've always been a top-tier poster. Maybe you can reconsider, but if not - peace be the journey!

sinkfla87

:(

I've made my statement already regarding I was here for the community and not for Tyler so I plan to continue on with GAF for now. Sad thing is, seems like there won't be the community I've grown to know over the years at all.

Dipper145

I've always wondered if these kind of comments break typical NDAs?

If so, aren't you concerned about possible job implications by admitting to breaking these agreements?

Crazyorloco

I'd say things like "I bet we get *insert game here* in threads just prior to announcements. Since I probably won't be around much longer, might as well give whatever knowledge/hints I have left:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) are coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

That's all I've got.

-I have no clue about the sequel to a 3DS game here...

-Free themes are awesome, especially at xmas time :)

-Netflix expected. Good to hear it's coming.

I expected Prime footage in the Direct in January. Nintendo had that great direct this year in January that pretty much set the tone for the year.

The exclusive eshop spinoff could be anything! lol

TheOddOne

Thee sly Flibbertigibbet, this is the most wondrous way to fleer. Grant you mercy f'r thee service and desire the tyrant yond liveth hither leaves.

Regiruler

Since when did you hint anything?

But fuck it I'll play along

-Sequel to 3DS game + smash mention makes me think lower profile like Dillon or Rythm Heaven. I'll be in ecstacy if this is Kid Icarus though.
-Dread, or otherwise some other buzzword used often in the series.
-That seems a very nintendo date to introduce themes, but it's too much money on the table to give them regularly for free
-Fuck does the little mac tease tell us?

NoKisum

I mean, if you're leaving, why not just give us some exact info?

If this is your departure thread, it's not like GAF can ban you a second time for "false rumors".

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Aw yeah thanks for the hype ebf hope it's not fake but I'll suck on whatever you've got.

Guess time!

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash. CHIBI ROBO

-Netflix (but not Hulu) are coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
SPLATOON CARTOON

FUCK YES

K THATS COOL

PUNCH OUT: SWITCH FUCKING SWEET

LEGEND OF ZELDA: BATTLE FOR HYRULE ("PLAYING ALONE" WAS A CONVENTION ZELDA TEAM SAID THEY WANTED TO BREAK FOR THE SERIES. GAME WILL LIKELY BE PUBG-ESQUE)

That's all I've got.

Cool

See you next mission. Or maybe not.

:(

I've made my statement already regarding I was here for the community and not for Tyler so I plan to continue on with GAF for now. Sad thing is, seems like there won't be the community I've grown to know over the years at all.

Same. I’m mostly lurking right now. Feels different. At least at this time.

Tahnit

Banned
Man.. and this is why GAF will never be the same now. Insiders who get info way before anyone else. That special something is now gone.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member

These are the interesting ones to me. What could they be?

That's all I've got.

All the love wherever you end up man!

sinkfla87

Funny thing is I totally thought this thread was going to be by CBOAT. I think it's time for the Almighty CBOAT to become the true heir of GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom