A quick background - this is probably my last year of hardcore gaming, in late january I am expecting my firstborn so the time to play games will be limited. I decided to do a 1 year datasheet to see how much money I spend on games. Here are results and some conclusions:
- First of all - fuck PS5 game prices, they are too high, the psychic barrier is still there. I just can't justify spending 70Euro on single title. I've sold all PS5 titles beside RE8: Village. I kept Village because the price was still "last-gen" and I want to play it on PSVR2. I am planning to keep selling games it if those prices will stay. I also want to add that through whole PS4 generation (and I had PS4 since Infamous release) I sold maybe 2 or 3 titles. PS5 prices really opened my eyes on reselling and now I just don't see a reason to keep boxes on a shelf. Also I can see A LOT MORE used copies being sold in Poland.
- I also bought quite a lot of PS4 games that had upgrades on PS5 (especially 60 FPS ones). If I am buying games cheaper I don't care about reselling and it can clearly be seen that Sony got more money form my by selling me more cheaper games.
- Despite having brand new gen console since launch day I still played a lot on ma old PC - I think Sony really fucked up the post R&C Rift Apart line-up.
- CP2077 was such an awful experience, both in terms of gameplay and getting refund from Sony.
- Returnal was a great experience (although I played a lot way better rogulikes), but I could not allow myself to play for few hours without a break. I've put PS5 in rest mode but nobody else could touch console until I finished the game. The lack of mid-run saves killed this game for me, I often had to rush my death because my wife needed my attention or just wanted to do something else.
- After 1 year of owning PS5 I wanted to buy XBOX Series X this fall - gamepass seems like a really good option right now, also console seems to be a bit more powerful than PS5. On top of it I am super mad about Sony disingenuous marketing campaign for the first year of PS5. I don't have a problem that GoW:Ragnarok and GT7 being crossgen if Sony would said it right away. Instead they had this really mischevious marketing campaign showing all those next-gen titles just to later drop info about titles being cross-gen. They were fully aware what they were doing. Also their paid upgrades is total bullshit. As of now - I really hate PS5-era Sony. Their dishonesty makes me sick, I hade when companies treates me like an idiot with sack of money.
- I did not bought XSX because of scalpers. Instead I decided I'll try VR experience and I am glad I did it. It's like discovering world of games again. I had disposable income and wanted to do my last jump into gaming before having kids and I am glad I could experience VR.
- I don't buy a lot of Switch games, console gets a bit dusty.
- I am extremely sad that Elden Ring release date has been pushed. I was hoping it will be my farewell game.