• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata announces pay reduction for the entire Nintendo board from Feb to June

onken

Just came through on the wire, expect public stories soon. Pretty nuts.

---

Mod Abuse:
Here are the specifics:

The entire board is taking pay reductions from the period of Feb until June. Iwata is taking a 50% reduction as the company president. The two other representative directors, Genyo Takeda and Shigeru Miyamoto, will be taking a 30% reduction. All remaining directors on the board will take a 20% reduction. These include Tatsumi Kimishima, Kaoru Takemura, Shigeyuki Takahashi, Satoshi Yamato, Susumu Tanaka, Shinya Takahashi, and Hirokazu Shinshi.

Iwata says that beyond June, they will decide based on the business environment at that time.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The Wire? Isn't that a really good TV show? This is expected, and good news for Nintendo's bottom line.

Chuck

Still without luck
yeah that'll turn the company around. him getting less money will definitely improve his decisions.

KNT-Zero

It's a nice way to act, considering the fact that he is not firing anyone during these hard times for the company. Go Iwata!

Didn't he already do this?

4udUfHe.gif

Guinness

Neo Member
Please understand that we don't care how much you are payed Iwata.

We want more good WiiU games, that's it. The next Nintendo Direct better be awesome.

rpmurphy

Isn't this pretty common with Japanese companies? Here in the US, I think there's just layoffs and the CEO gets a bonus.

Top Bottom